Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I realise that Amber rightfully closed the original ratings thread that was posted, so if you're against me posting one for the Quarter-Hours I totally understand. Folks, please (if it stays open) keep is mature and cordial.

Source: PWTorch

"TNA Impact on Thursday, December 9 officially scored a 1.09 rating, up from a 1.01 rating last week.

The first hour scored a 1.10 rating followed by a slight decline to a 1.09 rating in the second hour.

Impact peaked in Q5 to start the second hour with a 1.21 rating. Impact then hit its lowest point in Q8 with a 0.97 rating.

-- TNA Reaction that followed Impact averaged 775,000 viewers, which was slightly below an average of 780,000 viewers for the Dec. 2 episode.

Reaction scored a 0.46 rating in males 18-49, which was down from a 0.50 rating the previous week. Impact scored a 0.92 rating in the demographic.

Reaction retained 51 percent of the average viewers from Impact, which was below last week's 56 percent retention and Reaction's average of 56 percent retention through 16 prior weeks."

I'm sure Dixie and co will be dissapointed that the much-hyped Knockouts main-event didn't deliver. More ratings will be announced soon apparently. I now realise upon making this thread that these aren't the quarter-hours, so sorry for the incorrect thread title. Still, this is new info.

·
Charismatic Enigma
4,103 Posts
well hey. Thats not bad at all... hope TNA gets more exposure and fixes up their sitjuation with hardy

Reactions: llamadux

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turns out the Quarter-hours are here after all:

"TNA Impact on Thursday, December 9 scored a 1.09 rating off a first hour 1.10 rating and second hour 1.09 rating.

Impact followed the show's typical ratings pattern of starting above-average, fading at the end of the first hour, peaking in Q5 to start the second hour, and steadily fading again throughout the second hour.

Impact's highest-rated segment - a 1.21 rating in Q5 - featured the Knockouts Tag Title tournament match with the Beautiful People vs. Sarita & Daffney.

Impact then bottomed out in Q8 with a 0.97 rating. The 15-minute block featured two commercial breaks and only a few minutes of action between Mickie James and Tara in the main event cage match.

We do not have Reaction quarter-hour ratings to see how the first quarter-hour of Reaction fared with the conclusion of Mickie-Tara.

First Hour Break Down

Impact opened with a 1.18 rating in Q1 for the opening segment featuring Eric Bischoff, Immortal, Jeff Hardy, and Matt Morgan.

Impact declined to a 1.11 rating in Q2 for the opening match of Brother Ray & Fake Devon vs. Ink, Inc., plus one commercial break.

The third quarter-hour of Impact was the second-least watched segment of the show. Q3 scored a 1.04 rating for Tara and Generation Me's "concert," plus two commercial breaks that dragged down the rating.

Impact slightly increased to a 1.05 rating in Q4 for Jeff Jarrett's latest MMA segment, Motor City Machineguns vs. TNA security, Morgan and Mr. Anderson backstage, and a commercial break.

Second Hour Break Down

The biggest jump of the show was from a 1.05 rating in Q4 to a 1.21 rating in Q5, which featured the Beautiful People tag match.

This was followed by the first of two noteworthy declines within the show. Impact dropped to a 1.07 rating in Q6 for The Pope's casket segment Doug Williams vs. Abyss for the TV Title, and one commercial. Although the Q6 rating noticeably dropped off, it was ahead of the Q3 and Q4 ratings.

Impact increased slightly to a 1.11 rating in Q7 for Jeff Jarrett's latest MMA exhibition and one commercial break.

The second noteworthy decline was from a 1.11 rating in Q7 to a 0.97 rating in Q8 to conclude the two-hour block of Impact programming. Q8 included two commercial breaks and only a few minutes of Mickie-Tara."

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
We have no idea if the main event delivered or not until the Reaction quarters come out. Q8 tells us very little as it featured two commercial breaks and only a few minutes of the actual match. The fact that it was so heavy commercial loaded and still managed to get almost a 1.0 tells me that the match probably fared ok (by comparison to the rest of the show), as the number almost assuredly rose up past 11 est when Reaction began.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Knockouts don't draw, the 2009 thing was a myth and anomaly, they always scored high back then because their matches were always placed at the top of the 10PM quarter hour.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Knockouts don't draw, the 2009 thing was a myth and anomaly, they always scored high back then because their matches were always placed at the top of the 10PM quarter hour.
The biggest jump of the show was from a 1.05 rating in Q4 to a 1.21 rating in Q5, which featured the Beautiful People tag match.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
If you put something appealing in the 5th quarter hour, which is the top of the hour, you'll get a good rating. The Beautiful People draw well because especially in that timeslot because they are hot, which catches the eye of a viewer. Sex= ratings. A slightly overweight chick vs. a 40 year old in a cage= no ratings.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
If you put something appealing in the 5th quarter hour, which is the top of the hour, you'll get a good rating. The Beautiful People draw well because especially in that timeslot because they are hot, which catches the eye of a viewer. Sex= ratings. A slightly overweight chick vs. a 40 year old in a cage= no ratings.
I agree to an extent, Tara is definitely not a draw but we still have no idea how that match drew yet. You cant go by Q8. But yeah...Q5 is the pimp slot.

·
Oh My Goddess
3,580 Posts
The Knockouts are like anyone else in this regard. They don't all draw at the same level. Hoping Tara will draw as well as The Beautiful People in front of a TNA geared audience probably isn't much different than hoping Robbie E will do the same numbers as Kurt Angle, for example.

The Beautiful People are the division's best attraction. Kong was iirc, albeit to a lesser extent. From what little I studied on her, ODB may have been. Albeit less than Kong or TBP.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
Oh fuckin' A.

There's so much that I want to say but this post is beyond ignorant and irks the hell out of me. If Mickie James is considered "slightly overweight" to you, I'd love to see what you'd call fucking obese. Even when the Knockouts (especially BP) have not kicked off the second hour, they still spiked the rating.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
well with two commericals like mentioned we dont know what the match drew. Also Mickie is not over weight and including myself would choose her over Angelina who lost to much weight. That coming from a Angelina fan.

·
Banned
295 Posts
I liked it better when all rating threads were locked. This is just going to lead to another argument. The slightly overweight comment is mind-boggling.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I expected from main event to be the highest.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I expected from main event to be the highest.
thanks to the introduction of Reaction I doubt we will have any high qaurter hours for main events anymore. People probably tune in to something else for the last 10 minutes of Impact, then watch the first 5 minutes of Reaction to see the conclusion.

That Cunning fox Bischoff is taking away Impacts rating to boost his Reaction rating, and the best thing of it all is that Dixie doesn't seem to realize :D

·
Mickini FTW!
210 Posts
Regardless of who was where on the show, didn't it just follow it's usual trend? Open strong, drop until the top of the hour where it goes back up and then drops off until the conclusion?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Oh fuckin' A.

There's so much that I want to say but this post is beyond ignorant and irks the hell out of me. If Mickie James is considered "slightly overweight" to you, I'd love to see what you'd call fucking obese. Even when the Knockouts (especially BP) have not kicked off the second hour, they still spiked the rating.
Quite ignorant for anyone to think MJ is overweight. In fact, the same people that proclaim her to be overweight have likely had some emotional instability issues of their own due to current flaws in their maturity levels. But to each their own, I think it's laughable that a beautiful female such as Mickie who regardless of what some may feel, has plenty of talent, is denounced because some immature kid with tunnel vision can't comprehend beauty when it's smack dab in his face.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Once again, nothing surprising; pretty much the same ratings trend they've had for much of the year. Good thing they made sure to put that cage match on last week instead of hyping it up last week and running it on Thursday's show, thereby theoretically increasing their chances of that match popping a good quarter. At least they made sure to announce Thursday's Generation Me vs. Eric Young & Orlando Jordan match on last week's show so that potential ratings bonanza match doesn't go on unannounced.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts