Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I reported in the Elite section of PWInsider.com last week, the current WWE social media campaign is leading to a reveal of the WWE 2K18 videogame marketing campaign.

Thus far, the Twitter aspect of the campaign has been to show off items from WWE's history, such as Andre the Giant's WWE Hall of Fame statue or Steve Austin's ATV. We are told that the items will be revealed to be held inside a "secured facility" that is meant to be the WWE archives, housed like a museum. In the trailer for the game, someone attacks the facility, vandalizes it and destroys the items. The vandal is revealed at the end to be Seth Rollins.

The campaign will then lead into the announcement that by pre-ordering the game, fans can receive Kurt Angle as a playable character, with the storyline that he's seeking out the person who did this. Whether any of this bleeds over into WWE's current storylines remains to be seen, but last year's game campaign was built around the idea of Brock Lesnar vs, Bill Goldberg, which ended up being a big storyline for the company in "real life."

Seth Rollins is slated to appear on ESPN Sportscenter tomorrow, so his teased announcement may be part of the campaign as well.
Source: PWInsider.com

With Rollins being a face I am not sure how exactly this is supposed to work but I guess we'll see.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
Re: PWInsider: What WWE'S mysterious social media campaign is leading to....

no doubt there will be "two generations of kurt angle", cant wait to see 2k attempt to try and put hair on a 2017 scan of kurt angle.

·
Registered
17,556 Posts
With no showcase last year, it's possible we could get Seth's rise as one. The whole burning of the building goes with the whole Architect nickname.

·
Banned
25,988 Posts
Re: PWInsider: What WWE'S mysterious social media campaign is leading to....

Isnt that what Sanity are trying to be? :p
I don't know, I haven't seen any of their work so I have no idea. :shrug

I just assumed they were Decay from TNA knockoffs or something. :lol

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
:vince3 belittles new generation for having no psychology and wrestling like in video games.

:vince2 molds storylines after video games, FOR video games.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
The only people I see doing this is Sanity.....What motive does Seth Rollins have...UNLESS.......Sanity trashes muesum and Seth was taking a girl there, and saw them, and then the cops show up right as Seth chases them away.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts