Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally! We all knew this was eventually going to happen lol.

WWE is bringing the Punjabi Prison back, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

The plan is for WWE champion Jinder Mahal to defend the championship against Randy Orton inside the Punjabi Prison at the 7/23 Battleground PPV in Philadelphia, PA.

The Punjabi Prison, which has only been used twice before by WWE, features two cages made of Bamboo. The inner cage has a door on each side that can only be opened by a referee at the request of one of the combatants and can only remain open for "60 seconds" (allowed for the other combatant to try and prevent the escape). If all four doors are requested but are not utilized when they are open, the combatants must then climb out of the inner cage to the outside. Once combatants are within the realm of the outer cage, the only way to win is climb over and escape. That is, of course, as long as WWE Creative hasn't crafted new rules for the structure.

The Undertaker defeated The Big Show (substituting for Great Khali, who was removed due to a WWE Wellness Policy concern) in a Punjabi Prison match at the 2006 Great American Bash PPV. The bout was used again at the 2007 No Mercy PPV in a bout where Batista defeated Khali.

As PWInsider.com reported several weeks ago in the Elite section, WWE staff had taken the Prison from the company's warehouse to clean and repair the cage for future use. There have been plans to use the Prison structure discussed on and off over the last month.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...tch-to-headline-wwe-battleground-ppv.html?p=1

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Knew that bamboo cage shit was coming back

On the plus side this has potential to be the best ever punjabi prison match ....mainly cause the others absolutely sucked ass

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
wwe punjabi prison ppv confirmed..

·
Registered
28,047 Posts
Well, I can't say it will be good. But hell, at least it's better than having another straight one on one match.

From what I remember of these matches though the rules were all over the place. Something about you have to call for one of the 4 doors to be open and then you have like a minute to escape through them. And then you have climb over the bigger cage to win. But even if you can't get out through the 4 doors, you can still climb over the first......

We all know this is going to be clusterfuck.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Never seen a punjabi prison match before - were the previous two any good?
Does diarrhea feel good on your butthole?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I don't know if it's cause I was younger and uneducated wrestling wise at the time but I quite enjoyed both Punjabi Prison matches xD I loved the spot Batista did when he jumped from one cage to the other.

If they get rid of convoluted 60 second rules and have it so you just have to escape both cages, I wouldn't mind it being added to the list of gimmick match stipulations

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Lol, just what everyone was clamoring for, a third Orton/Mahal World Title match, but this time it just went Punjabi! So, SD is officially on autopilot until SummerSlam, at least? AJ and KO, I guess are in a meaningless US Title feud, that has no heat. AA, Harper, Rowan, Rusev, Ziggler, Zayn, Nakamura, Breezango have absolutely 0 direction - and the majority of those guys can't even get on tv. And for some reason we must have 45 minutes of women's segments each week.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Lol, just what everyone was clamoring for, a third Orton/Mahal World Title match, but this time it just went Punjabi! So, SD is officially on autopilot until SummerSlam, at least? AJ and KO, I guess are in a meaningless US Title feud, that has no heat. AA, Harper, Rowan, Rusev, Ziggler, Zayn, Nakamura, Breezango have absolutely 0 direction - and the majority of those guys can't even get on tv. And for some reason we must have 45 minutes of women's segments each week.
Yeah, Smackdown kinda sucks at the moment. Think it has a lot to due with the fact Raw raped Smackdown of its star power in The Miz, Ambrose, Wyatt, Bliss who are all good promo workers.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I want to give this a chance because the previous 2 had khali and big show. Not really the best size for such gimmick matches. I wanna see how this goes with faster men.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,407 Posts
If they get rid of the dumb rules it may work. I mean Mahal is not the best in the ring but is easily better then khali

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Does anyone think Orton will win the match so they can have the heel Corbin cash in on the Face Orton that night or soon after? I just don't think the WWE will have a heel cash in on a heel champ.

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
Damn. When will this Gynder from Calgary nightmare end :mj2

I'm gonna pitch my idea again. Vince, start a promotion in India, and throw Roman and Gynder from Calgary over there. Milk them Indian moneys all you want, Roman gets cheered and his dick sucked, WWE booking has a chance to return to a state of sanity.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,306 Posts
The match between Batista and Khali in the Punjabi Prison is the most inexplicably good match of all time. I'm not saying it's great but I thought it was good and there is no logical reason why it would be good.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.