Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Los Angeles, CA - SAVE THE DATE! Because on Saturday, September 4 and Sunday, September 5, top professional wrestlers from across the globe will converge on paradisiacal Reseda, CA to determine the winner of the 2010 Battle of Los Angeles! The annual Battle of Los Angeles tournament is always one of the highlights of the professional wrestling world, and this year's tournament will undoubtedly add to the rich tradition of awesomeness!

Tickets for the 2010 Battle of Los Angeles will go on sale Tuesday, August 10 at 8:00AM PDT on http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com. Front Row tickets are $30 per night in advance, and $35 per night at the door. General Admission tickets are $25 in advance, and $30 per night at the door.

Please remember, seating is limited! We advise fans to get their tickets in advance to not only save a little money, but to also guarantee themselves a seat at the tournament event of the year. Also, please note the 7:00PM start time for Night Two of the 2010 Battle of Los Angeles. Since the following day is a National Holiday, we would like to give everyone an opportunity to enjoy a sure-to-be beautiful Sunday afternoon in Southern California, come out for the final night of the 2010 Battle of Los Angeles, and sleep a little late the next day.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place Saturday, September 4, 2010, at 8:00 PM and Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 7:00PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are $30 per night when purchased in advance, and $35 per night when purchased at the door. General Admission tickets are $25 when purchased in advance, and $30 per night when purchased at the door. Tickets go on sale on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 at http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com, and will be available for pre-sale through 11:59PM on August 30, 2010. Any remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Seating is limited. Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.
Very surprised to see BOLA this early. I'm getting sick of Reseda, but hey, what are you going to do?

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Gonna predict the 16 (presuming they run with 16)

1. Scorpio Sky
2. Roderick Strong (to win)
3. Bryan Danielson
4. Johnny Goodtime
5. Brandon Gatson
6. Jerome "LTP" Robinson
7. Malachi Jackson
8. Davey Richards
9. Ryan Taylor
10. Joey Ryan
11. Brandon Bonham
12. Chris Sabin
13. Paul London
14. El Generico
15. Akira Tozawa
16. Chris Hero

TBH i'd prefer a more home grown BOLA rather then them just bringing in a heap of guys

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TBH i'd prefer a more home grown BOLA rather then them just bringing in a heap of guys
They went that route last year because of the title on the line, and it ended up being somewhat underwhelming. I prefer to have an all-star lineup, as long as they keep it real. Hoping to find Daniels, Black and Kingston among this year's participants.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
I think it'll be more stars then west coast talent this year since Lost retired and LTP took a break. Maybe they'll split the Bucks or Cutlers up and have them wrestle as singles to fill a spot or two to even out the mix.

·
Man Who's Got a Machine Gun
3,855 Posts
Maybe they wanted to hold a little early so Danielson can participate? I'm sure he won't be available after September.

Anyway, I'm really excited and hoping for these to be the first two PWG events I get to attend. I'm moving out to Napa, CA next weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to make the trip to LA for this.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,340 Posts
They went that route last year because of the title on the line, and it ended up being somewhat underwhelming. I prefer to have an all-star lineup, as long as they keep it real. Hoping to find Daniels, Black and Kingston among this year's participants.
I wasn't a huge fan of last year's BOLA. Night 1 really suffered by not having all the big stars. I'm fine with them putting in a few of their local guys but I would much rather see the big names. A 17 or 18 man tournament would be what I would prefer so we can have a triple threat match or 2 so we don't have to see 8 singles matches in a row. Or maybe a four way with a lot of lesser known local guys.

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Gonna predict the 16 (presuming they run with 16)

1. Scorpio Sky
2. Roderick Strong (to win)
3. Bryan Danielson
4. Johnny Goodtime
5. Brandon Gatson
6. Jerome "LTP" Robinson
7. Malachi Jackson
8. Davey Richards
9. Ryan Taylor
10. Joey Ryan
11. Brandon Bonham
12. Chris Sabin
13. Paul London
14. El Generico
15. Akira Tozawa
16. Chris Hero

Seeing as how most wouldn't want to see this i decided to revise my list with guys from different promotions.

1. Bryan Danielson
2. Roderick Strong
3. El Generico
4. Paul London
5. Chris Sabin
6. Alex Shelley
7. Chris Hero
8. Davey Richards
9. Claudio Castagnoli
10. Eddie Kingston
11. Akira Tozawa
12. Bobby Fish
13. Erick Stevens
14. Charlie Haas
15. Tyler Black
16. Eddie Edwards

It will get DVD buys but do nothing at all for there regular guys.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
1. Bryan Danielson
2. Roderick Strong
3. Chris Hero
4. Claudio Castagnoli
5. Kevin Steen
6. PAC
7. CIMA
8. YAMATO
9. Chris Sabin
10. Alex Shelley
11. Daisuke Sekimoto
12. El Generico
13. Chuck Taylor
14. Kenny Omega
15. Christopher Daniels
16. Tyler Black

I would pre-order this show with a card anything like this as soon as possible.

I would have Eddie Edwards on the card but not in the tournament and have him main event Night 1 with Davey Richards vs. The Young Bucks and on night 2 I would have the co-main event American Wolves vs. Kings of Wrestling.

How about Castagnoli vs. Strong or Sekimoto vs. Pac or Tyler Black vs. Kenny Omega or YAMATO vs. Chuck Taylor or CIMA vs. Hero?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I'm glad they bumped it up to September this year as it means the DVDs will be out before March. I really hope the green screens don't cause another extremely long delay this year.

I think Christopher Daniels is a fine choice for the first participant. There are a few matches I'd like to see him have against some of the PWG regulars.

Night Two falls on the same day as the next TNA PPV so I don't expect either Machine Gun will be on the show as many are predicting in their lists. Since there's less than a 1% chance the Bucks are booked for that PPV (or any other TNA PPV this year), I think they're still potential participants.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Gatson was a lock but Richochet is a shock as he usually doesn't work the west coast. Be interesting to see who he gets killed by in the first round.

1 - 20 of 226 Posts