TEAM STORM
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Premier Wrestling Circuit (PWC)
...Presents...

Arena:Moda Center
Capacity:17000
City: Portland, Oregon

The scene opens as the press room at PWC headquaters is filled with sporting journalists all sitting in front of a podium with the PWC logo emblazoned on it. Behind the podium we see a big screen with another PWC logo flashing on it. The buzz in the room and the whirl of cameras is quickly quietened when Danny Eriksen walks out to greet the crowd. Eriksen strides to the podium, smiling at the eager audience on his way there and slightly adjusts the mic to his level before addressing the large contingent.

Dany Eriksen: Hello everybody, I’m Danny Eriksen and we are here this morning at PWC Headquarters to announce what’s coming up in PWC, the premiere wrestling company in the world. Please welcome to the podium, our interim PWC General Manager, Ms Brittany Page.

Brittany Page saunters into the room holding a long wooden box on her arm. The male journalists can’t keep their eyes off the stunning Ms. Page as she walks past them and onto the stage. She licks her lips before giving the box to Eriksen who acts as an easel, displaying whatever is inside.

Ms. Page: Thank you Danny and thank you ladies and gentleman for coming. As our esteemed chairman Ernesto Clement continues to take a leave of absence, I wish to continue to grow PWC from strength to strength. I’m here to take Mr Clement’s ideas and improve on them to give the world an even better more thrilling sporting league each and every time someone watches Vortex or one of our pay per view extravaganzas.

The rooms fills with murmurs and excited whispers as Brittany Page gestures towards Danny Eriksen.

Ms. Page: This here is the Prometheus Torch.

Dany pulls off the top of the box and opens the sides to reveal the PWC Prometheus Torch to the press gallery. A huge graphic plays behind them with the Prometheus Torch on the big screen. We see still shots of the previous match to determine the winner with Barney Williams eventually winning the prize at the biggest event in PWC history, Last Rites.

Page: This item was such an innovative inclusion to the mythos of PWC, but like I said, I’m here to not sit on our laurels, I’m here to turn the volume up to eleven. So starting this week on Vortex we shall have a tournament to win this prestigious item. Pretty standard you say. Another tournament. Well, let’s just say it will be not just any tournament. No, the rules of the tournament will be revealed on Vortex. But what I’m going to reveal tonight is what power the holder of the Torch will now possess.

Page removes her glasses. She looks out to the crowd and then walks over to Eriksen and grabs the Torch running her hands up and down its handle...

Ms. Page: You see, the winner of the Torch will be able get a title shot... against any of PWC title he or she chooses!

The press gallery collectively gasps and a buzz again rises from them. Page now needs to speak a little louder.

Ms. Page: But there is a catch. If the Torch holder wishes to choose the World Championship then the time and place will be of my choosing. However if the Torch holder chooses the Legacy Championship or the Television Championship, then they can do so whenever they please. As in immediately after the Champion has defended their title!

The journalists are completely animated now. They can’t wait to start asking questions, but Page isn't finished.

Ms. Page: The participants of this match will include some of the finest wrestlers the world has to offer. PWC is ever evolving, always taking our game to another level so we searched far and wide to find some of the best wrestlers and fighters in the world and bring them to our great audience here in PWC. All these new stars will get a chance to make history with the Prometheus Torch, of course they'll have to face some of the best PWC already has at our disposal to win this great prize.

We see still shots of some of the new stars Page mentioned on the big screen with the names underneath, The Angel of Fear, Leo Masters, Shio Corin, Hugh Reynolds and some PWC favorites like Aaron Kendrick and Flexx Palumbo.

Ms. Page: Oh and one last thing. The flame in the Torch has a lifespan. If the Torch holder does not challenge for a title within 6 weeks they will have to defend the torch against a worthy opponent. Wins and losses count. This is PWC. Good luck to all the participants. Thank you.

Page walks off with the press gallery exploding with questions and flashing cameras, all shouting over the top of each other trying to get more information. Eriksen tries to calm everyone down, while the exultant Page walks out of the room.

Prometheus Tournament Match
Angel of Fear vs Leo Masters

Shio Corin vs Flexx Palumbo

Hugh Reynolds vs Aaron Kendrick

Television Title Match
William Gust. vs. Jensen(c)

Tag Team Match
Donald Hammperpunch & Crowley(HWC) vs Austin Angel & Shadow(LC)

As always Card is Subject to change.

Deadline for all RPs is 11:59 GMT on August 19th(Friday)

For each day of extension granted, the show will be extended for the same duration.

GFX Credit: CHAMPviaDQ

As always, feel free to leave your predictions in the thread. If an RP extension is needed, please let us know ASAP. No more than 24 hours will be granted

·
TEAM STORM
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
BRITTNEY PAGE ANNOUNCEMENT TO COME
- Dunno what this announcement will be but odds are high big Ernesto makes a comeback ;)

Angel of Fear vs Leo Master
Not a scooby doo so I went with the coolest name.

Shio Corin vs Flexx Palumbo
The streak!!! Flexx has gone from Gillberg to Goldberg in 2 shows I love it!

Hugh Reynolds vs Aaron Kendrick
Rooting for my first real rival

Television Title Match
William Gust vs. Jensen(c)
Seriously thought this would be saved for the PPV. But Gust or Bust.

Donald Hammperpunch & Crowley(HWC) vs Austin Angel & Shadow(LC)
Am I to assume this means Angel is the next challenger for my strap?
Nevertheless I have a much more competent tag partner this time than last time I tagged (banter) but we're up against THE main event. Can only hope Hammerpunch continues this poor attendance run (no h8 plz)

All in all looking forward to a good show, a lot of fresh names on the card though. Good but worrying to see the lack of certain others?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
211 Posts
Aug the 19th is a friday.

So that PWC announcement is that like a MITB briefcase kinda deal? That's what I got from the announcement. Last question, can I find a bio anywhere of my opponent? So I know what I'm up against? A cool idea could be a sticky that contains only bios.

·
Registered
211 Posts
sweet, athanku.

·
Registered
0 Posts
The scene starts with just a completely black screen with no background noise. This goes on for five seconds until suddenly, a deep and unsettling voice starts speaking:

Have you ever had that feeling of insecurity... Like, everytime you step outside of your home you feel like you will have to fight for your life as long as you're outside?... No? Well, life is kind to you... Because I feel like this everyday of my life... I don't have anyone, no friends or family members... Well, only one and it's my brother. He never left me at any point of my life and he's the only person that I care for... Everyone else on my home either hates my guts or respects the hell out of me, I have quite the reputation in this place... but I feel that's not enough... My home... my realm...

Another background starts fading in, this time it looks like a Post-Apocalyptic world, nobody can be seen walking around the place and it's raining

For anybody that doesn't know the rules from around here, it's simple... This is my territory... and nobody else's. Trespassers will not be tolerated, anyone who dares to trespass my territory will be met with the most painful of punishments...

A hooded man enters the scene and starts walking around the place, looking around as if he's searching for something. Suddenly he finds a crate labeled ''DO NOT OPEN'', and he opens it. He finds a lot of weapons and stuff like some gems and bones. The man decides to loot the crate and take some of the gems that are in it.

...Especially if they dare to steal my precious belongings.

While the man keeps looting the crate, a eerie and ghostly voice that totally sounds different from the previous one starts speaking, but it sounds like it tries to talk to somebody that's not shown in the scene yet.

Look at that scum... Looting your precious stuff... Go on, attack him!

The camera cuts to a random angle away from the hooded man and footsteps start to be heard.

What are you waiting for?

The camera cuts to the feet of a mysterious person walking.

This guy is stealing your gems! If I were you, I wouldn't really be nice to him...

The camera cuts to a metal pipe that is taken by the mysterious person. Lighting starts to be heard.

Show this guy what you're made of

The camera cuts to an angle behind the person's feet, he keeps walking towards the hooded man while dragging the metal pipe on the floor.

Now!!

The camera cuts in a front angle of the hooded man that just finished looting the crate, only for him to turn his back and see the person who is about to attack him. The person swings his metal pipe violently against the man's head. He's bleeding from that violent impact but is still alive... But the person starts stomping him until he stops when the voice suddenly tells him to.

Stop it, that's enough for now

Another man that's wearing torn clothes enters the scene and holds the person back.

Good work on this one, Hugh. At this rate, the thieves and the rest of the criminals will learn to respect your authority around this place

Hugh places his right foot on the man's neck, looking like he's about to break it with a huge stomp.

Should I kill this rat like with the rest of them?

Well, he was just stealing stuff, just tell him to give you your gems back

Listen you little rat, you better give me back my gems or else you will suffer even more

Okay, okay! Here you are! Please, let me go!

As he says this, he starts to put all of the gems he stole on the ground while still having Hugh's foot on his neck.

Sorry, but I can't let you live any-...

Nah, let him go... I think the little fool learned his lesson

Alright

Hugh gets his foot out of the man's neck and talks to him again.

You listened my brother. Now get the hell out of my territory before I change my mind

...Listen to who?

GET OUT! NOW!!!

The man gets up quickly and runs away as fast as he can.

Typical day of your life, Hugh... But you better go out of here, brother or you will arrive late to your new job

Oh yeah, right... What is it, again?

Professional Wrestling... more especifically, you're working for a promotion called PWC

Oh, that's interesting. And who is my first opponent?

Some chump called Aaron Kendrick, just imagine that he's the fool that tried to loot your crate and then you will beat him

Okay, good

Don't be overconfident though, these guys put up quite a fight before going down, so you better watch out for what this Kendrick guy may do to you... But I'm confident that you will get the job done and beat him in your first day at work

Alright... When do we go to PWC?

The man with torn clothes starts walking towards an abandoned building with only a door left standing, and when he opens it, a beacon of light is revealed to be ''inside'' the building.

Your new journey starts now, my brother...

The camera gets inside the light and the screen turns white for a few seconds before fading to black.

O.O.C: First RP ever in PWC, I think I may have to get used to the RPing style in here but well, it's going to be fun anyways!

·
TEAM STORM
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would prefer you guys not rush your RPs, so if you guys need more time speak up now. Especially since I caused the confusion.
-Bucky​

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I would prefer you guys not rush your RPs, so if you guys need more time speak up now. Especially since I caused the confusion.
-Bucky​

I feel like til Sunday would be good. I know I raged that my opponent did this, but one of my points was if your opponent has rp'd, which none of mine have. And usually I wouldn't have even come back to look at the forum until i posted the RP which would have been sunday if I hadn't checked.
Call me a hypocrite, but this is different to the situation that annoyed me ya feel?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
TEAM STORM
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Activity has been low, so if I can get another person to chime in that would be great.

·
Bring back Gary Oak!
4,684 Posts
The scene starts with just a completely black screen with no background noise. This goes on for five seconds until suddenly, a deep and unsettling voice starts speaking:

Have you ever had that feeling of insecurity... Like, everytime you step outside of your home you feel like you will have to fight for your life as long as you're outside?... No? Well, life is kind to you... Because I feel like this everyday of my life... I don't have anyone, no friends or family members... Well, only one and it's my brother. He never left me at any point of my life and he's the only person that I care for... Everyone else on my home either hates my guts or respects the hell out of me, I have quite the reputation in this place... but I feel that's not enough... My home... my realm...

Another background starts fading in, this time it looks like a Post-Apocalyptic world, nobody can be seen walking around the place and it's raining

For anybody that doesn't know the rules from around here, it's simple... This is my territory... and nobody else's. Trespassers will not be tolerated, anyone who dares to trespass my territory will be met with the most painful of punishments...

A hooded man enters the scene and starts walking around the place, looking around as if he's searching for something. Suddenly he finds a crate labeled ''DO NOT OPEN'', and he opens it. He finds a lot of weapons and stuff like some gems and bones. The man decides to loot the crate and take some of the gems that are in it.

...Especially if they dare to steal my precious belongings.

While the man keeps looting the crate, a eerie and ghostly voice that totally sounds different from the previous one starts speaking, but it sounds like it tries to talk to somebody that's not shown in the scene yet.

Look at that scum... Looting your precious stuff... Go on, attack him!

The camera cuts to a random angle away from the hooded man and footsteps start to be heard.

What are you waiting for?

The camera cuts to the feet of a mysterious person walking.

This guy is stealing your gems! If I were you, I wouldn't really be nice to him...

The camera cuts to a metal pipe that is taken by the mysterious person. Lighting starts to be heard.

Show this guy what you're made of

The camera cuts to an angle behind the person's feet, he keeps walking towards the hooded man while dragging the metal pipe on the floor.

Now!!

The camera cuts in a front angle of the hooded man that just finished looting the crate, only for him to turn his back and see the person who is about to attack him. The person swings his metal pipe violently against the man's head. He's bleeding from that violent impact but is still alive... But the person starts stomping him until he stops when the voice suddenly tells him to.

Stop it, that's enough for now

Another man that's wearing torn clothes enters the scene and holds the person back.

Good work on this one, Hugh. At this rate, the thieves and the rest of the criminals will learn to respect your authority around this place

Hugh places his right foot on the man's neck, looking like he's about to break it with a huge stomp.

Should I kill this rat like with the rest of them?

Well, he was just stealing stuff, just tell him to give you your gems back

Listen you little rat, you better give me back my gems or else you will suffer even more

Okay, okay! Here you are! Please, let me go!

As he says this, he starts to put all of the gems he stole on the ground while still having Hugh's foot on his neck.

Sorry, but I can't let you live any-...

Nah, let him go... I think the little fool learned his lesson

Alright

Hugh gets his foot out of the man's neck and talks to him again.

You listened my brother. Now get the hell out of my territory before I change my mind

...Listen to who?

GET OUT! NOW!!!

The man gets up quickly and runs away as fast as he can.

Typical day of your life, Hugh... But you better go out of here, brother or you will arrive late to your new job

Oh yeah, right... What is it, again?

Professional Wrestling... more especifically, you're working for a promotion called PWC

Oh, that's interesting. And who is my first opponent?

Some chump called Aaron Kendrick, just imagine that he's the fool that tried to loot your crate and then you will beat him

Okay, good

Don't be overconfident though, these guys put up quite a fight before going down, so you better watch out for what this Kendrick guy may do to you... But I'm confident that you will get the job done and beat him in your first day at work

Alright... When do we go to PWC?

The man with torn clothes starts walking towards an abandoned building with only a door left standing, and when he opens it, a beacon of light is revealed to be ''inside'' the building.

Your new journey starts now, my brother...

The camera gets inside the light and the screen turns white for a few seconds before fading to black.

O.O.C: First RP ever in PWC, I think I may have to get used to the RPing style in here but well, it's going to be fun anyways!
Quick tip. Use words > pictures to describe your environment.

I'll focus on the areas that you can improve on. Giving praise is everyone else's gimmick.

- Your dialogue needs some work. Everything that was said seemed to just jump straight to the point, which left no room to really build up the characters.

From what I can tell by your RP, 'Hugh' is a dick. BrotherHugh is a dick, but not as much as Hugh. There was also a gem thief for some reason.

- The Gem Thief. Did this have a point, or was it just to make a half-hearted reference to your opponent? If I was in your shoes here, I would have done the first half of this RP from the viewpoint of the Thief, giving him more use for the RP. Following rumours has led him to this stash, and just as he's about to make off like a bandit, Batman Hugh and his companion swoop in. You don't even need to let the reader know what the two look like, but you could play up the fear that the Thief has, which would build your characters up, and the reader would immediately know that they were terrifying. All without letting them into the head of Hugh & Co.

Afterwards, you could switch to Hugh/Hugh2 elsewhere and build up your match.

- Match build. This is less criticism and more just a tip that many in the PWC could do with learning. Build up your opponent. If you call your opponent a scrub, then why should anyone care what happens in your match? If you win, you beat a scrub. Who cares? If you lose, you got beat by a scrub. You must suck.

Take the time to build up your opponent. Drawing focus to their strengths won't make your character look weak, it'll make them look smart. Now the reader knows that your character isn't just rushing into this match head first, swinging for the fences. They can see that your character is focusing on besting his opponent tactically, instead of just saying 'fuck it, I'mma beat this nerd'. Plus, it makes your opponent look good, which can only be a good thing for the E-Fed.

All in all, this wasn't a bad first attempt at a PWC RP, but there are some areas that you can improve in.

·
TEAM STORM
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
DEADLINE HAS BEEN MOVED TO SUNDAY 11:59 PM(GMT)
ONLY SOFT EXTENSIONS(SIX HOURS) WILL BE GRANTED THIS ROUND.​

·
Registered
56 Posts
[hide]
"On The Road Again"

Damn. I really hate driving. I mean, driving doesn't bother me too much, but driving from town to town really sucks. All the hours, all the cities, all the fields and crops... Kind of reminds me of home. I remember driving from Star City to Pine Bluff every day for work, and seeing all the fields. I look at these fields and think back to when I used to cut the weeds and bale hay. I'm so glad I'm not doing that stuff anymore.

I've never been to Portland before. I look forward to it. I've heard the food is good. Hell, if Billy Jack Haynes had "Oregon" on his trunks, it must be a pretty damn good state. I'm sure the people are going to be great. I just hope they accept me. The people haven't figured out the changes that have been made in my life over the last few months. I'm not the same man they first saw. I've lost my wife, I've given up true stability with my stocks and my office job. I'm not chasing my dream. I haven nothing to fall back on. I'm doing this because I'm a fan. So I'm doing this for the fans. I don't think they realize that yet.

I put up a great act. I had a lot of fun making fun of El Pantera last week. This business is a lot of fun. B ut the people don't realize what I'm doing for them. Hell, I want to be their champion. I WILL be their champion. I just don't know how to show the fans that I want them on my side. The man in my doesn't want to show them that I want their affection. I want to be a badass. Hell, I know I'm good. I'm "The Franchise." And I look dan good too. And Jade is hot too. We're hot.

I'm thinking about taking the next step with Jade. I think the fans would like that. I think I might ask her out after the next match I win. In front of the whole world. I mean yeah, we're friends with some pretty damn good benefits, but I want something serious with her. Like candle lit dinners with wine, me in a suit and her in a dress, all that James Bond type shit. That's my fantasy. Yeah, if I win this match with Hugh Reynolds, I'm gonna ask her out in the middle of the ring in front of everyone. Yeah...

Who in the bloody shit is Hugh Reynolds anyway? I heard he was a lunatic. Like he thinks he's from a different world or something. I'm probably going to have to fight instead of wrestle. I'm not afriad to. I will fight, scratch, snarl, and crawl past anyone here in PWC. That's what it's going to take to be a champion and dammit I'll do it.

Look at her... Over there asleep. Wearing those running shorts and that tank top. She's beautiful. And hot. I'm really lucky to have her here with me. I would've gone absolutely crazy in this divorce without her. I want to repay her for that. I have to win this match. Maybe I should hide like a bouquet of flowers under the ring or something.

Oh I know! I should wear my shiny silver trunks tonight. My ass looks great in those...

Aaron Kendrick continues to process his thoughts while on the road to Vortex. He stops by at a local grocery store and buys a bouquet of flowers and hides them in the trunk of his Dodge Challenger while Jade is asleep.

*End of RP*​
[/hide]

Did something a little different with this one. Hope you guys enjoyed it. I had lots of fun writing it. :)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts