Cheri Hayven vs Flexx Palumbo

Singles Match
William Gust vs Austin Angel

Television Title Match
Bruce Thorn Jr. vs. Jensen (c)

Legacy Title Match
Barney Williams vs Shadow (c)

As always Card is Subject to change.

Deadline for all RPs is 11:59 GMT on July 24(Sun)

For each day of extension granted, the show will be extended for the same duration.

GFX Credit: CHAMPviaDQ

As always, feel free to leave your predictions in the thread. If an RP extension is needed, please let us know ASAP. No more than 24 hours will be granted

·
TEAM STORM
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
TEAM STORM
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I don't want you to rush this. Would an extra day help.you at all?
Shut up dammit. Let him rush.

On another note, le predictions:

Aaron Kendrick vs La Pantera
I like Aaron Kendrick, and this pantera fella seems to around, then not, then is? Bit strange, not a fan.

Need I explain?

Technically has a win over Shadow so he must be star quality ;)

Television Title Match
May have lost a smidge of momentum, but fancy him to take back the strap here

Legacy Title Match
Barney ain't derailing me ;)

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
TEAM STORM
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Singles Match
Great to see Kendrick back. I had actually forgotten that La Pantera still exists.

Singles Match
Easy win for the returning Cheri. Flexx is improving but Cheri is GOAT.

Singles Match
This Kid Austin Angel is going places.

Television Title Match
I dont normally root against myself, but BTJ is the toughest opponent I have ever faced. We came into the PWC at the same time, had a few skirmishes in the beginning, but have managed to stay out of each others sight until now.

Legacy Title Match
Touch call here. But I give Shadow the slight advantage.

·
¡Hala Madrid ⛧ Tricampeones!
1,007 Posts
Singles Match

I like La Pantera style and I feel he could give much more in PWC. I have not seen Aaron Kendrick in a while.

Singles Match

That singer is back :side: and knowing her very well I must say with all due respect to Flexx but Cheri should win this without much trouble. Although I fancy a Cheri lost here. ;)

Singles Match

Tough call. I'm intriguing by both guys lately and I feel both could win but the experience should prevail against all opposition.

Television Title Match

The champ is facing a tough opponent that will bring the best out of him. It should be an amazing match. But I expect Bruce Thorn Jr. to win by a small margin.

Legacy Title Match

Barney made clear his intentions to win the Legacy Title and this is a moment that you can't waste in your career. But I see Shadow as a more complete wrestler he'll probably win this match.

·
Exploring Planet Alpha
284 Posts
Haven't done predictions in awhile, mine as well do some.

Singles Match

I don't even remember who La Pantera is lol.

Singles Match

Flexx is entertaining, Cheri is great. Welcome back Cheri.

Singles Match

Becca says AA is gonna win and who am I to disagree with a gorgeous woman like that?

Television Title Match

I don't know who's gonna win both can be pretty damn good when they bring it. I'm gonna take the champ cause nobody else has.

Legacy Title Match

Going with another title retain here as it seems Barney doesn't have a lot of time this show and a rushed RP being title winning worthy is nearly impossible.

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
The Gust or Bust tour bus arrives in Seattle.

“God, Seattle is such a shithole…” William Gust thinks to himself as he stares outside his personal tour bus.

William Gust takes one big swig from his bottle of Blue Moon, and let’s out a defining “BURPPPPPPP” William Gust pounds on his chest, and tosses his Blue Moon beer bottle on the floor, next to the other 5 bottles of Beer that’s he had since he woke up at 10AM….. It’s only 11AM.

“I won the match…Where’s Jensen! I won the match, I got the pin, management has to listen to me and give me Jensen right.” William Gust stands up and walks to the front of his tour bus, towards his bus driver.

“Hey,… You… Do you know who I’m fighting tonight? You’re my assistant, you should know this… Please is it Jensen… It has to be Jensen.”

“Sir.. I read the email from PWC and your opponent tonight is Austin Angel.”

William Gust eyes open wide. Wha.. What?!

“Your opponent is Austin Angel.”

“Who the fuck is Austin Angel?"

William Gust goes on a rampage, kicking his empty beer bottles across his bus, knocking plates, cups on the floor, and grabs his laptop and begins smashing it against the table.

WHO!? *Continues Smacking Laptop against table*

THE FUCK!? Smacks*

IS AUSTIN ANGEL?! The laptop is completely destroyed.

“Sir, Austin Angel is a former rock star, and has a decent amount of success in PWC.” The Bus Driver says…

“Wait…. Say that again.”

“Austin Angel is a former rock star and…”

*William Gust interrupts his driver

"Star!? This guy is supposed to be a star, I’ve never heard of him. But this… This is perfect, I’m tired of all these wannabe stars here in PWC. I’m the true star damn it! Austin Angel considers himself to be a former rock star… I've never heard of any of his songs." Gust proclaims.

“Sir” The bus driver says, somehow getting the balls to interrupt William Gust.

Did you just interrupt a William Gust monologue, how dare you..

I’m sorry sir. I just have a question, that I need to ask you.

“It better be a damn good question, for you to interrupt me,” William Gust is still incensed.

"You hate Jensen with a passion, but you are just as successful as him. You just got angry when I mentioned Austin Angel’s star power…. You have it all.. you just seem so… Jealous. I wonder what sparked this kind of anger in you." The Driver waits for backlash...

No response.. No outburst in anger…

William Gust begins to walk to the back, stepping on his broken plates, beer bottles, and drops down on his couch… And begins to speak...

"When I was a kid, growing up, I would get commercial. Extra work in sitcoms, I would keep working, and working. That’s something a lot of people don’t understand, working from the crack of dawn, to the dead of night, remembering lines, not having friends, was being groomed to be a star. And after all that hardwork, it came a role of a lifetime… I had the chance to be a Power Ranger.. Sounds stupid I know.. But growing up, I didn’t get to watch a lot of TV, but on Saturday morning, I would always manage to get up and watch Power Rangers, and I knew one day somehow, if I work hard enough I would be one of them. And finally my family got a call from my agent, saying they wanted someone younger to be in the Turbo series, and I knew that was my chance, because you know what growing up all I ever wanted to be was a Power Ranger, and this was my chance to live my dream, no one else's but mine. And I went to that audition room, and I killed it. I spilled my heart out, about how that’s all I wanted to do growing up, and I felt that spot was mine. Weeks later, I actually get a call back, me and this kid Blake Foster, were both there, and I don’t remember how the day went, but at the end of it, they decided to go with Blake Foster, and you know what there reasoning was? Because he did one little Casper movie, and had more exposure. Not getting that role hurt me, but you know what hurt me the most, it was what he said to me, “Sorry dude I know you really wanted this role, but I needed this to protect my spot and the industry,” or some shit like that. He didn’t even watch the show, and I learned from there that in order for me to get ahead, I would need to be cutthroat, and I worked harder, until I had a protected spot.

So yea I get angry, when I see other wrestlers, so called stars, because I get protective. I'm a paranoid fuck, I mean let's say PWC disappears, and men like me, like Jensen, like Austin Angel, have to go back into acting. Or what if some major production, that could save my career, wanted to hire someone on the PWA with “star” power, with guys like Jensen and Austin Angel on the roster yea I get protective.

I’m just protecting the spot I’ve worked hard for. And right now the one spot, I want is at the top of PWC. And that spot can only hold one guy, so I have to prove myself against guys like Austin Angel, and Jensen, to prove to the fans, that I am the true star of PWC. And when I do that, I'll be at the top, and I will protect my spot!

You know what this show will show the world which star shines the brightest, Angel or I."

Tonight… The Gust or Bust tour runs through Austin Angel, and is full steam ahead to Jensen City.

·
TEAM STORM
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
999 words for my RP. I cut so much shit, but I hope my RP didn't suffer that much.. Hey I'm trying :p
No need to limit your RP. Everyone shot down the RP word limit proposal. Go ahead and write until you can't take it anymore.

·
Exploring Planet Alpha
284 Posts
Austin Angel RP:

A Hotel In Oakland, California, 10 AM:

As we fade in to the scene we see the inside of a nice hotel room. The room is nicely picked up for the most part minus a few articles of clothing on the floor. The only sounds coming from the room are the faint sound of the television and a blow dryer running in the bathroom. As we get a closer look we see Austin Angel laying in the only bed in the room, eyes closed but awake and in the bathroom is his future wife, rising music star Becca McKay who's just finishing blow drying her hair. After turning off the blow dryer, Becca walks out of the bathroom with it in hand as she packs it into their suitcase and looks over at the bed, shaking her head with a little laugh.

You know we have to check out in an hour right? Gotta head off for the next PWC show.

Austin lets out a groan as he opens his eyes and sits up in the bed.

Where is it again?

Seattle, Washington.

Oh right.

Austin rolls out of the bed and stumbles to the bathroom to go take a shower as we fade out.

45 Minutes Later, In The Hotel Lobby.

We fade back in and see Becca standing at the counter, checking them out of the hotel as Austin stands in the corner of the room, now dressed in nice jeans, a black V neck t-shirt, sneakers, and sunglasses. He looks ready for whatever the day brings as he checks PWC.com on his phone. Suddenly he's interrupted as he feels someone tugging on his pant leg. He looks down and see's a young child looking up at him with a hopeful smile on their face.

Excuse me mister, are you Austin Angel from PWC?

Before Austin can answer, the child's father comes jogging over from the counter and grabs his son by his hand.

Jacob didn't I tell you not to run off? I'm sorry sir.

The father looks up, and Austin now has his sunglasses off as he smiles at the child, who we now know is named Jacob and then shakes his head to the father.

No worries, I take it your son is a fan?

The father now realizes his son was right earlier about who the man in the corner was, and shakes the outstretched hand of Austin.

Yes, you're his favorite.

The father chuckles as Austin bends down and shakes the hand of the young boy.

Hi Jacob, it's always nice to meet a fan.

Jacob is starstruck and just nods in awe as Austin laughs and his father speaks up.

Would it be too much trouble to ask you for a picture with him?

Austin shakes his head and out of the corner of his eye sees Becca finish checking them out.

Not at all. Just one quick picture though.

Austin puts his arm around the young boy, who has a huge smile on his face as Becca walks over and stands by the father, a little annoyed at the hold up as he snaps the picture of his son with the PWC superstar.

Thanks Austin means a lot.

The father grabs his son to pull him away as Becca steps in.

Austin, lets go our ride is waiting outside for us and we have a flight to catch.

Austin nods.

Right okay, lets go then.

Austin turns to the father and son.

It was nice meeting you.

Becca quickly hurries Austin out of the hotel and outside before any other interaction can happen and after the door to the hotel closes, she rolls her eyes as they walk around to the front of the building.

You know maybe it's time we invest in some personal security for you, seems like fans have no issue just disturbing you in public and coming right up to you for a picture. And who knows if they'll start doing that to me as well now. And we can't risk any crazed fans doing something stupid like trying to attack us or something.

I don't think that's needed Bec, it was just a kid and I like interacting with the fans.

And the fans just want you to be their little monkey who does everything he can to entertain them. They don't care about you.

Austin goes to respond as Becca shakes her head in disappointment, but as they reach the front of the hotel and he sees a limo waiting with the driver holding a sign with Becca's name on it, he gets caught off guard.

A limo? Isn't that a bit much for a ride to the airport?

Becca shakes her head again, this time in disagreement.

Nothing but the best for my man, besides after a little talk with Ms. Page she was happy to arrange it. Now let's get going.

The two get into the limo as the driver holds the door open for them, and then closes the door and gets into the drivers seat and heads off for the airport as the scene fades out.

A Half Hour Later:

As the limo pulls up onto the air strip, the driver gets out and opens the door as Austin and Becca step out, and Austin is surprised at both where the limo stopped as well as the fact they're now standing in front of a private jet.

A private jet? Bec, this is way too much.

Becca shakes her head again in disagreement.

No it's what you deserve, it's what we deserve. Now we can travel to Seattle in peace, enjoy a drink or two and discuss your upcoming match with William Gust.

Austin doesn't know what to say, so he simply goes along with it.

I guess, maybe we can discuss this new friendship of yours with Ms. Page too.

The two walk up the steps and board the plane, sitting across from each other at a small table as the door closes and the pilot enters the cockpit and prepares for take off as a stewardess brings the couple each a glass of wine.

So how did you manage to get Brittany Page to agree to a limo and a private plane anyway?

Austin raises an eyebrow but Becca just smirks and shrugs.

Simple. I told her you were her best superstar and deserved the very best, and it took some convincing but she agreed you deserved all this. After all you've been in PWC since day 1 and now these new guys like William Gust think they can come and just take your spot?

Becca shakes her head.

Not on my watch. You did great last week proving you're not washed up by really taking it to Kyle Elric and quite frankly he got what he deserved. But he didn't even seem like he had his head in the game mentally and we both know William Gust will. Considering he's trying to prove he deserves a title shot. But I think if you beat him that'd be a great way to prove the person who really deserves a title shot is you.

Austin nods in agreement.

You're right last week I got aggressive cause I had to send a message to the rest of the locker room, this week Gust is trying to make a name for himself by beating me and I'm not gonna let that happen. The way I see it he's just another wanna be who thinks a couple wins gets him somewhere, I've seen a million others like him and so far, not many have panned out. As much as he has potential, I have the proven talent and ability. This week I need to continue proving I'm not washed up and beat him..

Becca takes a sip of her wine and nods in agreement.

He has potential sure but you have more to prove and who knows, maybe if you beat him you'll have done enough to prove you deserve to wear championship gold around your waist. In fact I think if you keep following my advice and stop showing off for the fans so much and keep focusing on winning, you could do more than win the Television Championship, or the Legacy Championship. You could become the World Champion.

Austin chuckles a bit.

Well it's gonna take quite a bit to reach that level, but that's the goal is to one day get that world title. I have only fought for it once, maybe twice ever.

And that's a crime if I do say so myself. But don't worry babe, with me by your side, you'll reach the top of the PWC mountain, I'm sure of it. But for now lets focus on the present, and that's you beating William Gust.

Austin nods in agreement once again as the pilot comes on over the intercom and says "Mr. Angel, Ms. McKay we'll be landing in Seattle in just a few minutes, it's a usual rainy day in Seattle but luckily it should be clearing up in about an hour and after that it'll be a comfortable 75 degrees today." Upon hearing that Becca and Austin thank the pilot and finish up their drinks as the scene slowly fades out.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
New Endings

A young Matty and a Young Kyle sit inside the classroom. They must be no older than about 14 years old. They’re sitting and chatting away. Meant to be doing Math but forget that.

The teacher approaches them.

Boys, can I see you both outside for a second?

They look at each other with worry, but follow her to the outside of the room.
They shut the door behind them and the Teacher looks down upon them.

Good news boys. You both aced the test.

They look at one-another with absolute joy in their eyes.

But. Both your test papers look the same. The exact same scribbling outs, the exact same positioning of your writing on the paper, the same everything, except the actual style of handwriting.

Oh shit. Shadow was always good with numbers, so he’d allowed Kyle to copy, but didn’t realise they’d get caught.

It was all Matty miss, I let him copy cos we’re best friends, please don’t send me to detention.

Thanks for being honest Kyle, you’re free to go back inside.

Matty looks on in confusion as his Friend just totally double-crossed him.

As for you Matthew, I am shocked! Usually such a good boy. I’ll see you in detention tonight.

The boys sit together at lunch.

Kyle, how could you do that to me? You know you copied.

Matty, we’re best friends. Sometimes we have to take the fall for each other. You know I can’t afford to take another detention. What would my dad say?

Kyle was right. And Matty had a lot of respect for Kyle’s dad and wouldn’t like anything to upset him. But was it really right to drop your friend in it to save yourself?

Look, I’d do the same for you. Don’t worry anyway, it’s just ONE detention.

I guess you’re right.

Matty had a lot to think on. But he knew he’d forgive Kyle. He was all he had.

*1 Day after Vortex Episode 4*

We see Matty and Kyle approach each other in the middle on the Gym. With a clasp of their hands, they pull their arms around each other’s back. A ritual of Male friendships. They begin to speak to one another

The Gym is alive. There are around 8 men within. 2 Sparring in the ring, a couple on the treadmills, 2 guys on the weight machines, one doing sit ups and another walking out of the shower rooms dressed to leave.

This man pats Kyle on the shoulder as he is mid conversation with Matty.

See ya man, thanks for coming!

Kyle turns back towards Matty.

It’s been great here. Despite our little PR session not going according to plan last week.

Look, the Legacy champion was here, that’s all you needed. There’ll be plenty more occasions for those events and with guys who are actually willing to help.

Shadow taking shots at the challenger before their big meeting in the Main Event next week.

Good point. But anyway, we gotta work hard if you’re gonna win, you’ve lost all of that momentum.

Excuse me? I’m not the one who got beat by a wannabe and muscle and fitness’ answer to Jim Carrey.

You may think that, but the archives have that down as a loss for Shadow.

Matty knew that was true. And it burned him up inside. Infact no, it pissed him off.

It doesn’t matter, we’re gonna train hard this week, and retaining this gold is going to be no bother.

Once again, you’re wrong. I’ve got a lot of meetings to try and set us up some advertisements, sponsorships etc.

So what, I’ll just work with the guys here?

I’ve appointed a head of training. Someone to help these fellas mainly, but also because I think you’ll do great under his help.

All of a sudden behind Shadow is a behemoth of a man. Standing at least 6”9. Short Silver hair but the physical build of a pure athlete.

Big B… Barry O’Shea.

At your service young man.

Matty and Big B shake hands.

He heard I opened this place back up, and he wanted a slice of the action.

Built my life here. Carved a name for myself in these walls. No better place for me.

And now, he’s head of training. So this week, he’s built up an intense course for you to both undertake which will see you retain that belt.

That’s right, with my help you’re gonna do what I did and dominate your opponents. Just maybe not with as much physical presence. But never the less, it starts at Vortex 5 when you defend the strap against that moron Barney Williams. I dunno what he was doing this week, but he’s put an asterisk on your title reign making you lose that match. And there ain’t no way that a man under my tutelage is having an asterisk above his head.

That’s right, you’re the legacy champion because you’re carrying the legacy of this place, of me and Barry, and of the old man himself, Steve Dawson. What legacy is he carrying? Let’s face facts. You unmasked and it lead you on a path to the Legacy Championship. You embraced much more than just following the darkness, and it’s brought you success.

But a lot of me and what I do is still about harnessing the darkness-

Let me finish. He unmasked, and he found a little success of his own. He won that Prometheus torch. But that’s not an opportunity. Whilst you’re the champion, whilst you’re with us, that torch is a guarantee. A guaranteed failure and a beat down at the hands of Shadow. Because you do still utilise that darkness. You still have that side that is willing to go the extra mile, and that’s why you can’t lose.

You’re right. Yeah. I will win. I will utilise everything I have in my arsenal. My move set, new tricks I’ve learned training with you, anything Big B can show me. And the Darkness. Barney is another man who used to have dark aspects to his life, but he’s dropped them. My maintaining of them will be what takes me further, and what means I walk out of Vortex still flying high and holding this prize over my head.

All three men have an intense stare at each other.

Let’s do this.

Wow it’s like the band’s back together isn’t it… We just need Tony. Shit, where has Tony been?

I haven’t seen him since Dad’s funeral. It’s not really crossed my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Couple of Days after Alpha and Omega*

We fade into a flash-back type moment. Matty and Kyle sit side by side at Steve’s funeral. Tony stands at the front giving a truly emotional speech.

… And with that being said. Steve. My Coach in life, in sport. My father figure, and above all else, my friend. I want to say goodbye. We ALL want to say goodbye. So one by one, if everyone could make their way out, walking past Steve, and just say a final little goodbye we’ll then see him off for the final time.

Having kept it together so well, as soon as Tony leaves the podium he bursts into tears. People walk past one by one. Sone touching the coffin, some just passing. Everyone having their own little way of saying goodbye. “Bye Steve; I’ll miss you; See ya Steve; So long friend etc.”

As Shadow passes, his eyes are flooded with tears. He takes his time, touches the coffin and delivers his final farewell.

I know you’ll always be here, but for now, I’ll see you soon. Thanks for it all.

Tony is still watching all the people walk past. He pulls Matty aside.

Hey man, heard you’re trying to re-build the bridge with Kyle?

Yeah, he came and met me at the Gym the other day. We trained. And well, you saw the outcome I guess.

Yeah I did, congrats man, if anyone deserves it, it’s you. But be careful, alright?

I’ve been a champion before; I know this paints a target on my back.

Not that, Kyle.

What do you mean? You’ve always been the one who wanted me to patch it up with him?

I know that, but something about this just doesn’t feel right.

Something about what?

Suddenly Kyle approaches the two.

Hi Tony, how’s it going?

As good as it could, considering the occasion.

Kyle hugs Tony.

Look, we’re all here and we’re all in this together, right?

Matty smiles at Kyle and looks back at Tony as the pair leave. As they walk away, Matty's head goes mad with thought. That moment felt so awkward. So strange. It feels like there's something no one's telling him, but what?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Back to the day after Vortex 4*

We fade back up in the gym. Matty remembers the conversation with Tony and confusion begins to surround his mind. He’s seen nothing apparent that would mean anything Kyle was doing “Didn’t feel right”. In fact, it felt very right, back to old times and almost like his life coming full circle.

Yo Matty, what’s up?

Suddenly Matty snaps out of this world of his own as Big B and Kyle have been speaking this entire time.

I erm. I gotta go find Tony…

Matty turns and begins walking hastily to leave. Big B and Kyle look on in confusion.

Just as Matty reaches the door, it swings open. On the other side, is Tony.

Me and you need to talk.

Cut to black.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
24 hours please!

Was ill before I went away!

English translation: Read Shadows RP. Makes mine look like biff and chip books (only us brits will get that) so I want to try and salvage my RP.

Also Im sure we made some rule that you have to ask for the extension in the first day or 2 of the card being up lol :V

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
TEAM STORM
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I got a few requests for extensions, so everyone gets an extra 24 hours.

Go enjoy Battleground tonight.

But @GhostOfProtocol, next time don't ask at the last minute. Especially since I offered you one when the card first came out and you declined.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts