Marcus Kendall & Donald Hammerpunch(C) vs. Nero & Ivory

Singles Match

Barney Williams vs. Derek Jacobs

Singles Match

Jensen vs. Aaron Kendrick

Singles Match
Edward Potts vs. Kyle Elric

As always Card is Subject to change.

Deadline for all RPs is 11:59 GMT on March 12 (Sat)
Deadline for show is March 19 (Saturday)
For each day of extension granted, the show will be extended for the same duration.

GFX Credit: CHAMPviaDQ

As always, feel free to leave your predictions in the thread. If an RP extension is needed, please let us know ASAP.​

·
TEAM STORM
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

This card continues the quest to crown a new Legacy Champion, which means not everyone is booked this round. If you do not have a match and wish to contribute to the show, whether it be a segment for your character or maybe even a guest writing spot, do not hesitate to ask a member of creative. If not, go ahead and start planning out your next RPs.

-Bucky

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Television Title Match
Bruce Thorn Jr.(C) vs Daiko
I like BTJ, could be a close one, but he gets my vote here

Tag Team Match
Marcus Kendall & Donald Hammerpunch(C) vs. Nero & Ivory
I know its all dependant on the RPs, but I just think that storyline wise Ivory and Nero ain't capable of co-existing. I do think Hammerpunch and Kendall will produce the goods though.

Singles Match
Another close one, not seen much of big Derek, but I reckon Barney's in a groove atm, back him to pull it out.

Singles Match
Going all out for the upset. Backing my old foe too, got that #respect ;)

Potts toughest challenge. 'Nough said. Lost the Number 1 contenders match a couple weeks back, how will that affect him? I see old silverlocks here bagging a win.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,089 Posts
Television Title Match
Bruce Thorn Jr.(C) vs Daiko

Will be cheering for Daiko but it's gonna be tough to stop BTJ. Plus it's his hometown of Philly.

Tag Team Match
Marcus Kendall & Donald Hammerpunch(C) vs. Dr. Nero & Ivory

Hammerpunch and Kendall could pull off the win and I wouldn't be surprised or call it an upset. But Hammerpunch is rarely here and I dunno how much communication Kendall and he will be able to have, which could hamper a tag RP.

Nero and Ivory to pull off a closely contested victory here.

Singles Match

Big Derek Jacobs to return to form with a victory here. Barney's surprised me before though so who knows.

Singles Match

Jensen to finally break his losing streak and gain that advantage/unique opportunity for the next phase of the tournament.

Singles Match

Because I never bet against myself. I have a story arc in mind that I think should impress people.

This gon' be good.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here we go, formatting notes. The quotes are his thoughts, everything else is what's actually going on. This is mainly for me because I got confused while writing this.

Another short one, but roll with it.
Bro, lets do this

The Freeway - San Antonio Texas

What happens when your personal nightmare becomes real? What happens when your own personal nightmare is your personal dream life? What happens when everything you wanted to be when you were young, a child. What happens if that becomes real and puts you in the middle of a line? Do you stay wresting for those Nero bucks, or do you break away? Do you break away and learn a new profession? Do you break away and dabble in something illegal?

I questioned myself as well.

My name is Barney Williams, this is a story, this is my story. The story of one of the hardest times ever.
Both men stepped into the car, James in first. Mr Williams slipped into the drivers seat of the Ford Mustang itself. It was a nice car, quick and agile. It did, however, have it's downsides. It was bright yellow, it was a street racers car. The Ford Mustang was a car used commonly by Texan street racers in Dallas and Barney remembered the times that he'd been pulled over because of the car.

James looked at him, slapping him lightly in the back of the head. They had work to do, a rouge friend apparently doing something stupid, although James didn't really say what. Michael Rook, a loose cannon in his own rights, something stupid for him was probably drunk on a street corner trying to hit it on with anything he could see. That was Michael Rook's version of stupid. If it had been James, then Mr Williams would of expected something more rash, perhaps deciding to belly flop off of a bridge because he was drunk. It was truthfully something his best friend would do.

The car lurched under both men as Barney eased on the gas pedal. The directions that James gave were anything short of useful, shouting left and right after the turn wasn't useful at all, it was near stupid. It got to the point that Mr Williams was almost happy he had inbuilt satnav systems. Chances are, they would keep him alive longer.

For the most part though, James was silent during the trip, thinking. He only spoke when spoken too, and even then he refused to say what was going on. For all Barney knew, this was one massive prank and Michael was waiting with a party popper in some warehouse somewhere.

It wouldn't of been the first time anyway.

When the car came to a stop on a corner, James breathed a sigh of relief for some reason. The address given was the corner of a small industrial site in south San Antonio. James stepped from the car first, walking over to the pavement. Barney followed, confused and almost scared. He heard the roar of an engine, and James gulped.

As if at one, eight cars poured from a small warehouse. Barney recognized the make of each and every one, but he only knew the driver of one. He gulped lightly, watching as Michael Rook drove James Wilkens Dodge Charger from the warehouse. He was happy to break the silence.

Michael Rook: He's racing, the idiot can't drive but he's racing.

James only nodded, all of the words in his mind in the single nod. The cars all pulled up in an arch, the clear leader pulling his car up in front, flanked by two others. The car up front was a beauty, a heavily modded Nissan Skyline R34. The driver looked up over his door, throwing a puff ball into his mouth from the packet.

Devin Taint: Well, Well. Who ordered the new racer? Was it little old Rookie over there?

He flicked his thumb towards Michael, James flinching lightly. Barney stood up right, eyes on Delvin and his "bodyguards" lightly. He thought for a moment about what he was going to do, how he was going to say it. It was a decision that would get him mauled by PWC creative and management if they ever found out, so he would keep it low key.

Barney Williams: We both know that Rookie can't race, he's easy to bet against, that's how you can afford those cars. Why not try and race against someone who, you know, can actually race?

Devin looked up at him lightly, sizing him up. He didn't know who Mr Williams was, would he really have a reason too? Chances are, he didn't even know what PWC was, never mind that it existed. He threw another puff ball into his mouth, shrugging.

Devin Taint: Racing the regulars was never any fun, true, too easy. Let's see here. You can't beat me so... car for car, every single one of us bets our cars to the winner.

The crowd of racers chanted, Barney nodding. He nodded to James, slipping back into his car. He pressed the gas lightly, driving over to the crowd of people pouring from the warehouse. Two girls with spray paint sprinted in front of the car, a start line. The course was simple, Devin had given Barney a chip to put into his sat nav. The course was a loop, three laps.

A girl ran out in between the cars, began to count down, Barney easing the gas.

What happens when your personal nightmare becomes real? What happens when your own personal nightmare is your personal dream life? What happens when everything you wanted to be when you were young, a child. What happens if that becomes real and puts you in the middle of a line? Do you stay wresting for those Nero bucks, or do you break away? Do you break away and learn a new profession? Do you break away and dabble in something illegal?

I questioned myself as well.

My name is Barney Williams, this is a story, this is my story. The story of one of the hardest times ever.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Backstage at Vortex season 2 episode 1:

Derek Jacobs sits on a bench in his massive locker room fuming over his most recent loss to Austin Angel. Eyes closed, Derek focuses on his breathing, as well as the ice pack on his neck and the throbbing pain caused by it being tweaked and pulled on by the dragon sleeper, to calm himself before he goes off on a rampage and seriously hurts someone.

Derek’s concentration is broken when James Parker enters the room a concerned look on his face.

Hey big man. How’s the neck? It looked like Angel had some serious pressure applied with that sleeper.

….It’s fine.

…Okay..so what’s our plan moving forward?

Derek looks at James with a “are you fucking kidding me right now?” expression on his face.

Are you fucking kidding me right now?

(See?)

You’re the one that had this grand plan that would see me sitting on top of the world by now. You’re the one who drug me back into this fucking hell hole in the first place and you’re asking me if I have a plan?

By this time Derek is on his feet, towering over James. Derek pauses for a second before beginning to yell.

I JUST NEARLY HAD MY GODDAMN HEAD RIPPED OFF BY AN OOMPA LOOMPA AND YOU'RE ASKING ME IF I HAVE A FUCKING PLAN?!

Breathing heavily, Derek slumps back down to his seat and puts the ice pack back on his neck. He looks up at James.

No James, I don't have a plan. But you better come up with a fucking good one if you want me to keep putting up with this shit.

A week before Vortex Season 2 Episode 2

James Parker has ran out of options. After being called on the carpet by Derek the week before, James has been grasping at proverbial straws to come up with a plan to keep Derek satisfied.

At least long enough for the master plan to come into play.

Finally, James' phone rings with the opportunity that Derek has been wanting.

PWC Legacy champion Cheri Hayven was forced to vacate her title, and a tournament was announced to crown the next champion. Derek wouldn't be competing at Vortex 2, but he had an extra week to rest before his match against the winner of the Prometheus Cup at Last Rites, Barney Williams.

At the same time James is finding out this news, Derek has received news of his own.

Derek was contacted by an anonymous third party who had interest in another match: The PWC Television Championship match between Austin Angel and Bruce Thorn, Jr.

The anonymous source called Derek and offered him the opportunity at not only a substantial amount of money to make sure one of the contenders in the match didn't win, but when Derek heard who it was he was supposed to ensure lost, he almost offered to do it for free.

His target was Austin Angel.

Leaning back on his couch in his apartment sipping his beer, Derek smiled for the first time in over a week. Costing Angel the championship match he should've been in was one thing; but getting paid that much money to do it was another.

Some days, it's good to be the God of War.

Backstage at Vortex episode 3

Danny Eriksen is joined by Derek Jacobs and James Parker.

Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome my guests at this time, Derek Jacobs and James Parker.

Derek, last week at episode 2 you cost Austin Angel his shot at the Television Championship. Care to elaborate on why you did so?

Derek looks down at Eriksen with a look of disgust on his face.

Why the hell do you think I did it? I told Austin a couple of weeks ago that we were destined to do this forever. Derek Jacobs vs. Austin Angel is never going to end. At least not until I want it to. Next question.

Tonight you face Barney Williams, a man that you've only ever met once before in the Prometheus Cup match at Last Rites. What's your strategy going into the match tonight?

Before Derek has the chance to speak, James jumps in and begins to talk.

Mr. Eriksen..May I call you Danny? I don't know if we've ever been properly introduced. My name is James Parker and the man standing to my left is the God of War, the largest athlete to grace PWC and the future Legacy Champion, Derek Jacobs.

While Mr. Williams fought valiantly and won the Prometheus Cup, Mr. Williams was not the man that eliminated Derek Jacobs. And let's be honest, up until the point that Derek was cowardly attacked from behind by the runt known as El Cara Del Fantasma Derek was dominating the competition. So Mr. Williams, you have Mr. Del Fantasma to thank for your victory that night, because if it wasn't for him my best friend here would be holding that cup.

At this point, Derek speaks again.

It's no secret that since I came back to PWC my main goal has been to win a championship. Whether it's the Legacy championship, the Television championship or the Heavyweight championship, I guarantee that by the end of this year I will be a champion. Barney, you have a golden opportunity already in your hands. No matter if you win or not tonight, which you won't by the way, you still have a guaranteed shot at the Legacy Championship whenever you want. So I'm going to make you a deal.
After I beat you from pillar to post tonight and go on to win the Legacy Championship by dominating the rest of this tournament, I promise you that you can cash in that little cup on me any time you want.

Just so long as you know I'll kick your ass again.

That belt is mine, and this whole company will soon bow down to the God of War.

Bank on that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Backstage at Vortex season 2 episode 1:

Derek Jacobs sits on a bench in his massive locker room fuming over his most recent loss to Austin Angel. Eyes closed, Derek focuses on his breathing, as well as the ice pack on his neck and the throbbing pain caused by it being tweaked and pulled on by the dragon sleeper, to calm himself before he goes off on a rampage and seriously hurts someone.

Derek’s concentration is broken when James Parker enters the room a concerned look on his face.

Hey big man. How’s the neck? It looked like Angel had some serious pressure applied with that sleeper.

….It’s fine.

…Okay..so what’s our plan moving forward?

Derek looks at James with a “are you fucking kidding me right now?” expression on his face.

Are you fucking kidding me right now?

(See?)

You’re the one that had this grand plan that would see me sitting on top of the world by now. You’re the one who drug me back into this fucking hell hole in the first place and you’re asking me if I have a plan?

By this time Derek is on his feet, towering over James. Derek pauses for a second before beginning to yell.

I JUST NEARLY HAD MY GODDAMN HEAD RIPPED OFF BY AN OOMPA LOOMPA AND YOU'RE ASKING ME IF I HAVE A FUCKING PLAN?!

Breathing heavily, Derek slumps back down to his seat and puts the ice pack back on his neck. He looks up at James.

No James, I don't have a plan. But you better come up with a fucking good one if you want me to keep putting up with this shit.

A week before Vortex Season 2 Episode 2

James Parker has ran out of options. After being called on the carpet by Derek the week before, James has been grasping at proverbial straws to come up with a plan to keep Derek satisfied.

At least long enough for the master plan to come into play.

Finally, James' phone rings with the opportunity that Derek has been wanting.

PWC Legacy champion Cheri Hayven was forced to vacate her title, and a tournament was announced to crown the next champion. Derek wouldn't be competing at Vortex 2, but he had an extra week to rest before his match against the winner of the Prometheus Cup at Last Rites, Barney Williams.

At the same time James is finding out this news, Derek has received news of his own.

Derek was contacted by an anonymous third party who had interest in another match: The PWC Television Championship match between Austin Angel and Bruce Thorn, Jr.

The anonymous source called Derek and offered him the opportunity at not only a substantial amount of money to make sure one of the contenders in the match didn't win, but when Derek heard who it was he was supposed to ensure lost, he almost offered to do it for free.

His target was Austin Angel.

Leaning back on his couch in his apartment sipping his beer, Derek smiled for the first time in over a week. Costing Angel the championship match he should've been in was one thing; but getting paid that much money to do it was another.

Some days, it's good to be the God of War.

Backstage at Vortex episode 3

Danny Eriksen is joined by Derek Jacobs and James Parker.

Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome my guests at this time, Derek Jacobs and James Parker.

Derek, last week at episode 2 you cost Austin Angel his shot at the Television Championship. Care to elaborate on why you did so?

Derek looks down at Eriksen with a look of disgust on his face.

Why the hell do you think I did it? I told Austin a couple of weeks ago that we were destined to do this forever. Derek Jacobs vs. Austin Angel is never going to end. At least not until I want it to. Next question.

Tonight you face Barney Williams, a man that you've only ever met once before in the Prometheus Cup match at Last Rites. What's your strategy going into the match tonight?

Before Derek has the chance to speak, James jumps in and begins to talk.

Mr. Eriksen..May I call you Danny? I don't know if we've ever been properly introduced. My name is James Parker and the man standing to my left is the God of War, the largest athlete to grace PWC and the future Legacy Champion, Derek Jacobs.

While Mr. Williams fought valiantly and won the Prometheus Cup, Mr. Williams was not the man that eliminated Derek Jacobs. And let's be honest, up until the point that Derek was cowardly attacked from behind by the runt known as El Cara Del Fantasma Derek was dominating the competition. So Mr. Williams, you have Mr. Del Fantasma to thank for your victory that night, because if it wasn't for him my best friend here would be holding that cup.

At this point, Derek speaks again.

It's no secret that since I came back to PWC my main goal has been to win a championship. Whether it's the Legacy championship, the Television championship or the Heavyweight championship, I guarantee that by the end of this year I will be a champion. Barney, you have a golden opportunity already in your hands. No matter if you win or not tonight, which you won't by the way, you still have a guaranteed shot at the Legacy Championship whenever you want. So I'm going to make you a deal.
After I beat you from pillar to post tonight and go on to win the Legacy Championship by dominating the rest of this tournament, I promise you that you can cash in that little cup on me any time you want.

Just so long as you know I'll kick your ass again.

That belt is mine, and this whole company will soon bow down to the God of War.

Bank on that.
While I have a few minutes before school, figured it was only fair to do a skim and review of your RP. This won't be in depth but heyo, what can you do :)

First off, something I found that made me chuckle. Our RP's are near enough the exact same number of words, that is slightly ironic. Overall I liked this RP though, it said everything it needed too as and when it needed too.

I wasn't much on James interrupting, last time I checked DJ was able to talk? Did he become a two year old? Meh, this just confused me slightly but heyo. I liked what he said though, he took a low blow at the biggest victory that Barney holds, one of the only three and one of the only two he's won himself. I liked that he took the picks at Cara, because in fairness it was him that allowed me to win :)

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Dr. Nero
No world for heroes

I come down here to the Seattle beach that my apartment looks onto from time to time. It’s good to be alone with your thoughts, no distractions, no noise but the sea meeting the sand. I’ve never been a good sleeper; my mind runs at a million miles an hour and refuses to stop. The sea air though is able to slow it down, even if it’s only a little.

So the U.S. Government knows everything I’ve been up to, well ... one of their agents do at this time. He’s holding it over my head, and for my past transgressions to disappear like a file in a shredder machine, I had to do his dirty work.

Like all blackmail though, I’m sure it’s not the last I’ll see of him. Just another problem I have to process and solve. Frying pan... fire... I went from spending a small fortune to have Zoe Manfree not know anything to the FBI knowing everything. Transitioning my skills from surgical to combat has bought me time. I won’t go back to prison. I’m smarter than Agent Simmons, I’ll figure this one out... I always do.

Like I said, my mind runs at a million miles an hour.

A momentary shower hits me, while at the same time a fog horn sounds in the darkness. I realise I’m smiling and wonder why. Did I enjoy beating a terrorist half to death in some underground fight club? Maybe I’m laughing at the thought that my first real enemy in PWC, Muhammad Islami engineered the whole thing... ridiculous, surely Islami couldn’t be part of some deal between Governments. Then again apparently I was...

I wipe the drops of rain from my face as well as my smile. There is much to do leading up to PWC’s next major event. I have set everything in motion and I must ensure everything plays out according to plan. Ivory is the new number one contender. He has no love for me, but he will be the vessel I will use to take the World title from Hammerpunch, and then I will take the title from him.

This week he will be my partner in a tag match... hrmph ... for the third time I will face Hammerpunch in a tag match and for the third time I will have a different partner, but for a third time I will be victorious. He cannot escape me. No matter where he goes, what he does, Hammerpunch knows that the title belongs to me. I will pin him again, just like I have done twice already... This match though will be different. Last time I reached out to Bruce Thorn Jr. I used Ellie to lure him and his greedy uncle to persuade him. We were inn deed on the same page. I used Ellie again for Kyle Elric. I know he has his own plans but for the time being he is my partner and I will ensure he wins his match against Potts as he did so for me against Kendall.

Ahhh Kendall, another one who has fallen to me. He wants to join forces with Hammerpunch, he wants to be collateral damage? That’s fine with me. Last week he came out gunning for me, tried to make a name for himself... pitiful. Just like all the rest he was put down. The fool is nothing but a street thug. A child desperate for attention. He wants to entertain the people, and for what? So they can buy some of his awful back catalogue that's now probably in a sales bin. He has no real fighting technique, no game plan. Like a dog off a leash, he was no match for his master with a cane. And I punished him for his disobedience. This ring is no longer my operating table, it’s now a cold slab in the morgue.

I hear noises coming from up ahead... a seaside bar. I wonder if they have any whiskey. As I walk in, the dull roar of 80s music and drunken laughter fills the room. I’m far from home here, that’s for sure. The last time I was in a place like this was when I destroyed that motorcycle gang’s bar to get ready for my hardcore match with Xander Black. That got me ready and I won the Championship of the World.

That seems a long time ago now. Yet it wasn’t. Some people have noticed me, I can hear their whispers. The bar maid is attractive, has dirty blonde hair, but looks tired of serving this scum. I ask her for a glass of the best whiskey she’s got before losing myself in my thoughts again.

Where was I again? Oh yes, that’s right Kendall, Hammerpunch and... Ivory. My third partner against Hammerpunch. Unlike Elric and Thorn, I have not bothered to reach out to Ivory, to strategise with him... I know he would only do his own thing any way. I also know that he is smart enough to know that I will do everything I can to help him succeed against Hammerpunch. We are using each other... then he knows I’ll be coming for him. Or more correctly I’ll be coming for what is mine.

I think of Ivory as more of a postman... yes... he will be the one to deliver me my title. Thank you Ivory. Do what you will in our tag match. Your experience fighting Kendall will be.. useful.. and your passion to hurt Hammerpunch will indulge me.

My whiskey has arrived. I check the glass to make sure it’s clean. As I sip it, the pretty little thing smiles, hoping she’s impressed me with her choice. She hasn’t. When I drop some cash on the bar she motions to talk to me but I’m not interested so she quickly serves someone else, trying to hide her awkward stare.

Someone like Ivory is unpredictable. He knows sooner or later he’ll need to face me, so does he try to attack me after our match? Will he pretend to be friends so he makes sure I help him win the title? Then attack me? Let’s face it... if there’s only one thing we know about Ivory, is that he likes to get his hands dirty... But I won’t let him. I’ll be ready.

I roll the last of the whiskey around my palate trying to find some semblance of taste, when I’m approached by a group of young women. I’m not sure if their fathers would approve of what they are, or rather aren’t wearing. Ellie and I have unfinished business, so I push past them, I promise them “another time” before going back outside and starting the long walk back to my apartment.

More people start shouting out my name some fans, some not so much... as I walk off into the darkness I can hear the debate between me being the hometown guy or an asshole. It’s as if as soon as I left they could all start talking about the celebrity who was in their midst. Funny thing the power of the celebrity. Another thing I use to my advantage when I need it to.

What’s also funny, is in all of my plans, regaining the Legacy Championship seems to have been lost. I’m not sure why? Maybe vengeance clouds my mind. I never lost the Legacy belt so in some ways I’m still the Champion... this is not the case for the World title.

I’ve already put down Kendall to have an advantage in Page’s brainchild tournament. Whatever it is, I’m sure I’ll win back the Legacy belt, and then I’ll take back the World title.

Hammerpunch. Kendall. Ivory..... Elric. All will kneel before me in the coming weeks. All of them are smart men, so deep down inside I’m sure they all know it too. This is no world for heroes.

There’s that smile again.

I finally reach my front door and walk inside. There seems to be a light on in the kitchen...

“Ellie?”

“Ha! Sorry to disappoint. Where have you been? I’ve got another assignment for you...”

·
Locker Room Leader
12,089 Posts
A 24 hour extension plz.

Thread seems awfully quiet.

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,189 Posts
HAMMERCOCK NEEDS TO RETURN TO PWA!

·
HOW BOUT THEM GIANTS
1,446 Posts
extension pls

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
I added a lit bit more to my RP here and there... Since I got an extension :)

Is Hammercock the porn parody of our Champion Hammerpunch???

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,189 Posts
I added a lit bit more to my RP here and there... Since I got an extension :)

Is Hammercock the porn parody of our Champion Hammerpunch???
Hammercock is PWC Champion? :lmao He was jabroni in PWA!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts