Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, it's that time of year where PWC gets together to reward those standout achievements. I know you're wondering why the heck I am posting this but after pitching an idea to Creative and speaking w/ Lari he's given me the go ahead and run with this years PWC Awards Show and I couldn't be more honored.

So let's start out with the categories. Keep in mind the RPs and Shows from 2016 is what this is based upon.

Superstar of the Year Award - What roleplayer stood out most to you and intrigued you with his RPs?

Best Single Promo Award - What one single RP impressed you the most?

Most Improved Superstar Award - Whose RPs improved the most over the course of 2016 or from 2015 to 2016?

Rookie Of The Year* - What new talent stuck out the most as a rising star?

Best Show - Which event hooked you and you enjoyed reading the most?

Best Feud - Which rivalry was the most interesting?

Moment of the Year - What moment was just an absolute jaw dropper for you?

Best Critic - Who was the best reviewer whether for RPs, shows or both?

Best Staff Member - Of our four Creative members who put in the best efforts in your opinion?

*To be qualified for Rookie Of The Year the superstar must have started in 2016 (returns do not count, only fresh new characters)

NOMINATION RULES
  1. You CAN NOT nominate yourself for an award BUT feel free to promote yourself in this thread
  2. ONLY 3 nominations per category (IF you send in more only the first 3 will count)
  3. Nominations are FINAL (Please think, check and RECHECK before sending in the noms)
  4. Nominations will be due Monday, December 26th 2016 by 11:00 PM
  5. In order for a nomination to make the final ballot it must have at least 2 nominations
  6. Take your time and hurry up :grin2:

FINALLY there will be more to come with this PWC Awards Show, I will go into more detail once I announce the final ballot next week.

Thank you everyone and good luck!

Amendment: Noms are now allowed to post in this thread or via PM

·
Bring back Gary Oak!
4,684 Posts
Not counting votes cast in this thread is stupid.

Superstar of the Year Award - Crowley

Best Single Promo Award - Flexx Palumbo @ Vortex #4

Most Improved Superstar Award - Bruce Thorn Jr

Rookie Of The Year* - Bianchi if he counts. If not, no clue.

Best Show - Alpha & Omega.

Best Feud - Uh... Nero/Hammerpunch? The only slightly memorable feud.

Moment of the Year - Nero + Crowley Entrance before a match. (Might have been 2015, but 2016 hasn't exactly been memorable)

Best Critic - Me. Moi. Daiko. I'm not even sure if this one is up for debate, tbh.

Best Staff Member - The entire team. This award continues to be pointless. No one outside of the team can actually tell who has put the most work in, so it's just a case of who is most active in the threads.

The lack of 'Best NPC' is also hilarious. No Nurse Ellie trifecta. Plus I don't get to nominate Austin Angel for it. 1/10

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,200 Posts
I nominate HAMMERCOCK for all awards! HAMMERCOCK ALL DAY ERRY DAY! :dance

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not counting votes cast in this thread is stupid.

Superstar of the Year Award - Crowley

Best Single Promo Award - Flexx Palumbo @ Vortex #4

Most Improved Superstar Award - Bruce Thorn Jr

Rookie Of The Year* - Bianchi if he counts. If not, no clue.

Best Show - Alpha & Omega.

Best Feud - Uh... Nero/Hammerpunch? The only slightly memorable feud.

Moment of the Year - Nero + Crowley Entrance before a match. (Might have been 2015, but 2016 hasn't exactly been memorable)

Best Critic - Me. Moi. Daiko. I'm not even sure if this one is up for debate, tbh.

Best Staff Member - The entire team. This award continues to be pointless. No one outside of the team can actually tell who has put the most work in, so it's just a case of who is most active in the threads.

The lack of 'Best NPC' is also hilarious. No Nurse Ellie trifecta. Plus I don't get to nominate Austin Angel for it. 1/10
I am trying to make the show a little more realistic, so a BEST NPC award would seem awkward but there could always be a best Valet/Manager award but meh. Also the purpose of votes not counting here is for the mystery factor, i think it'd be best if it was a mystery as far as who the final nominees would be vs just putting it here.

Also before you repost, let me save you some time

DAIKO: "Jake rather then pinpointing all the stupid shit you said i'll just sum up and say it's all stupid, who gives a shit about mystery factor it's all obvious like me winning best reviewer, no one cares about your opinions jake, you suck...... -5/10!"

:brock4

·
10,200 Posts
Daiko is jabroni. :Cocky

·
Bring back Gary Oak!
4,684 Posts
I am trying to make the show a little more realistic, so a BEST NPC award would seem awkward but there could always be a best Valet/Manager award but meh. Also the purpose of votes not counting here is for the mystery factor, i think it'd be best if it was a mystery as far as who the final nominees would be vs just putting it here.

Also before you repost, let me save you some time

DAIKO: "Jake rather then pinpointing all the stupid shit you said i'll just sum up and say it's all stupid, who gives a shit about mystery factor it's all obvious like me winning best reviewer, no one cares about your opinions jake, you suck...... -5/10!"

:brock4
1. Who the fuck is Jake?

2. Mystery factor is pointless, tbf.

3. I don't go into minuses for ratings out of 10. Worst impression of me that I've ever seen. -3/10.

4. There was too many mistakes in that impression. Sentence was too long too. This was one of your weaker posts.

5. Who the fuck is Leon Knuckles?

·
10,200 Posts
I'm the D-O-DOUBLE-G, who the fuck are you?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im really confused, what's the difference posting here vs PMs other then it'll be a surprise whose nominated? I am really confused lol

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
So like I think I also think we should put our votes in here and also 1 vote per category. Am I being stupid or no?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Keep in mind this is the nomination phase, if everyone nominated one person we may not have enough nominations per category. It would be nice to have at least 3-5 per category.

·
TEAM STORM
313 Posts
Whoa. Great job @WWPNJB

Anyway, I see no problem with having the nominations being transparent and posted in this thread. A year is a lot to remember, and sometimes someone remembers something that you don't.

Ill get my nominations in later. I still can't see all too well.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok since the majority thus far is ok with it, I went ahead and made a change.

You can either make your nominations via this thread or PM.

Once the final ballot has been made those votes to win must be kept via PM, it's important based on the way I plan to set up the awards show.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Well what I'm saying is forget nominations we'll just have an all out vote and if there's a tie, there's a tie so fucking what we ain't getting any real trophies :lmao

Anyway here's what I say so basically, the correct answers.

Superstar of the Year Award - Mr Jalapeño.

Hahahaha of course not - Flexx Palumbo.

Okay I'll be serious now. Gotta say Crowley, he started the year off with a huge win against the greatest star PWC has ever seen ;) and it's just sky rocketed from there

Best Single Promo Award - I can't pick one here because 1) I haven't actually read them all 2) There's been a lot of great ones that are brilliant for their own reasons. I think I'm gonna go read back all the Title match RPs and judge amongst them. Don't let me forget to do this pls.

Most Improved Superstar Award - Whereas I'd love to say me cos I think I've ousted my inconsistency I started off the year with (though probably not completely) I know I'm not allowed. I would also say AA cos the heel turn was money but he's fucked off. So BTJ you are 3rd but due to rules you are 1st, well done ;)

Rookie Of The Year - Im actually trying to think of anyone who's joined and then not fucked off after a maximum of 3/4 rounds. I'll go with Jake Masterson because you seem like the kinda guy who will stay, won't no show and has potential.

Best Show - Cannot choose between A+O and Hell's Judgement but thankfully you've introduced us to the ridiculous rule of having more than one vote and so in true hypocritical heel fashion I shall utilise that and vote for both.

Best Feud - BTJ vs Nero. Had a real nice slow build from them both being the top heels at one point. Shame the final bout was one we knew the result to, but a great fued nonetheless.

Moment of the Year - Am I allowed to vote for me here? Cos technically I'm voting for the moment - Not my guy? Could not believe I won against all the guys we have here in the legacy gauntlet.
If I'm not allowed to, then I'm going hypocrite again and voting both Crowley's WHC win and Nero showing respect to BTJ after their match.

Best Critic - Daiko. Man says some straight up brutal and insulting shit some times but I think that's needed in any true critic. He is kinda constructive at the same time ;)

Best Staff Member - Very hard to choose. None of them really out do the others IMO. I suppose Lari reviews more - So him.

There we go, now let's go ahead and bitch about each others opinions!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Superstar of the Year Award - Crowley - He had an outstanding year. Has been able to continue his whole RP style, and his backstory very well through maybe a whole 2 year period of consistent craziness! He is also a the world Champion, and deservedly so.

Best Single Promo Award - I can't remember what show it was, but Ivory earlier in the year cut an amazing promo that stands out to me. If I can find out exactly what show it was I'll edit this post.

Most Improved Superstar Award - Shadow. An absolute awesome transformation this year. He went from under card baby face to Legacy Champion who has defended the title three times and is now rolling into the main event of the next ppv with a tonne of momentum, against his heated rival for the Championship of the World!

Rookie Of The Year* - Many came and went, and guys like Jam and Daiko returned with new characters, but they are veterans. hard to pick one. I like Masterson and Leo Masters so far. Good characters.

Best Show - Season 2 Episode 3 was a fun show.

Best Feud - Ivory/Hammerpunch

Moment of the Year - AA heel turn

Best Critic - Daiko

Best Staff Member - Bucky is the heart of the team. If you just read an amazing match on the show, it was Saber. Those two guys deserve all the credit.

·
TEAM STORM
313 Posts
@Lariatoh!

I think the Ivory RP could have been the one against me at Last Rites.

·
TEAM STORM
313 Posts
Superstar of the Year Award - Crowley I suppose. A monster year for him.

Best Single Promo Award
- Ivory's RP to win the chance to fight Hammerpunch. Also, despite being a losing RP, I loved the Shadowpunch RP from Hammerpunch.

Most Improved Superstar Award - Shadow.

Rookie Of The Year
* - Hard to say since nobody sticks around. Despite coming at the tail end of our year, I would say Primetime Jake Masterson. Bianhi has also make quite the impact.

Best Show
- Alpha and Omega

Best Feud - Hammerpunch vs Ivory. Hammerpunch vs Crowley. Nero vs Bruce Thorn Jr.

Moment of the Year - Crowley melting down the title to make a crown: Hammerpunch and Crowley in their parking lot brawl: Flexx Palumbo and the streak.

Best Critic - Daiko and Lari.

Best Staff Member - Lari, Saber, Demon Hunter and the blind guy.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey guys I've been a little busy with the holidays and such. I will be posting a voting thread either tonight or tommorrow along with some special instructions. Thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts