... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Card for Thunder #56

Opener
Danny DiNardo V Randy Orton

John Connor V Talento de Majora

Grand Slam Tournament Round of 16

Bangarang (1) V Joey Spears (16)

Dustin Dreamer (7) V Microburst (10)

Little Jiminy Cricket (5) V Tom Bombadil (12)

Sweet 'n Sour (3) V TJ Styles (14)

Mascara de la Muerte (4) V Leon Knuckles (13)

Nelson King (6) V KeRo (11)

Muhammad Islami (2) V Rott Wyler (15)

Main Event
Ravi Bishara (8) V Bryan Bent (9)

MAKING YOUR PICKS
The deadline for picks is Monday, 5 PM PST (i.e., before RAW begins).
Please pick 8 (eight) wrestlers off the current WWE roster and 2 (two) back-ups in case of a draw.
Your picks will garner points on this week's RAW, SD!, and Main Event
Do NOT edit your post after the deadline or you will be automatically disqualified.
If you don't write your character name with your picks, it's a 50% penalty.

CUTTING A PROMO
If you want to cut a promo please do so in this thread.
Promos are gambles used to potentially increase the overness ranking of your wrestler.
**NB** Your promo must show effort to be counted. Posting one sentence does not constitute effort, and you will not be awarded promo points if they are deemed unsatisfactory.

GOOD LUCK!
Remember to spread word about the league!
Good luck to everyone in their respective matches!

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
(Paula is standing in the ring as Thunder comes onto the air)

Paula: Welcome everyone to the humble confines of the great nation of Egypt, live from its capital, Cairo

Thunderous applause for the cheap town pop

Paula: On PWA.com there have been rumours about where our shows will be held, and I am privileged to inform the world that for November, we willbe touring the great continent of Africa, culminating in our Survival PPV event in 4 weeks time

She takes a breath, surveying the fans

Paula: Last night, the Hell on Earth event was held and it was very well received. Stars 'n' Stripes

Huge pop for these guys

Paula Stars 'n' Stripes retained their tag team titles, Sweet 'n' Sour regained the United States Championship, Bangarang...oh wow, he actually surprised me and retained his Hardcore title, and finally, the esteemed World Heavyweight Champion, John Connor, retained the World Championship inside the Hell in a Cell structure

Break

Paula: Now, with Mascara de la Muerte being embarrassed by Mr. Connor for the second straight PPV, there is no outright contender that is standing out to me to face John next for the championship

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Paula: Now, wait a minute, bear with me. Since there is no outright contender, I have decided to initiate a concept I like to call the "Grand Slam Tournament." This tournament will involve 16 of PWA' finest superstars competing against one another for the opportunity to challenge John Connor for the World Championship. Each superstar has been assigned a seeding, from 1-16, and they will square off in a series of elimination matches until there is one man left. Unfortunately for Randy Orton, he is ineligible to compete due to contractual breaches, and Danny DiNardo is ineligible for a poor overness score. Best of luck to all involved, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

·
Bring back Gary Oak!
4,682 Posts
Ravi Bishara in the Main Event? Now that's best for business. :trips2

Ravi Bishara's Picks:

1. Daniel Bryan
2. Cody Rhodes
3. Goldust
4. Randy Orton
5. Big E Langston
6. Kane
7. Randy Orton
8. Natalya

B1. Fernando
B2. Diego

Promo:

We've lived up to what we promised. We've won the Tag Titles, we've beat the western dogs and for this entire month, Muhammad and I are amongst our brothers of the east. Stars 'n' Stripes have become a superpower in the PWA. Together we're unstoppable, but once again, the west is splitting us apart. For now, were happy to split. We've now doubled the chances of Stars 'n' Stripes getting a shot at the World Heavyweight Champion, John Connor and made it even more likely that the west will fall.

This is just the beginning. Soon, the book will close on the west and the east will seize control.

·
CONCERNED THIRD PARTY
1,323 Posts
Microburst

Picks:

1. Daniel Bryan
2. John Cena
3. Randy Orton
4. Cody Rhodes
5. Goldust
6. Kane
7. Big E Langston
8. Diego

Backups:

1. Fernando
2. Luke Harper

Promo:

Will be edited in later.

·
FAKE HAPPY
Born to lose, live to win
12,743 Posts
Mascara de la Muerte

Picks:

1. John Cena
2. Randy Orton
3. Daniel Bryan
4. CM Punk
5. Kane
6. Big E Langston
7. Diego
8. Fernando

Backups:

1. Roman Reigns
2. Seth Rollins

Promo:

Last Sunday, at Hell on Earth, I lost to John Connor. And now he set up a tournament to find a wrestler on PWA roster who would be a real challenger for his World Heavyweight Championship. Well, you know as they say. Third time is the charm. He beat me at two consecutive PPVs, but I will be the ultimate survivor. Tonight my opponent is Leon Knuckles. I faced him twice. I beat him twice. He stands no competition for me. I have nothing to worry about. But John Connor has. Oh, and while we're here in Cairo, sup Gandhi? Anyway, I will the PWA World Heavyweight Champion, no matter how much it will cost me, how many tournaments I'm gonna have to win, how many opponents I'm gonna have to overcome. Te guste, o no, perros!

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,397 Posts
Mascara you beat me twice? Once in singles and once in tag? I cant remember.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
TOM BOMBADIL PICKS

1. John Cena
2. Randy Orton
3. Daniel Bryan
4. CM Punk
5. AJ Lee
6. Dean Ambrose
7. Diego
8. Fernando

Backups:
1. Big E Langston
2. Seth Rollins

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,743 Posts
RANDY ORTON PICS

Randy Orton
Daniel Bryan
Reigns
Ambrose
Rollins
Kane
Show
Goldust

Backups:
Both members of Los Matadores

·
Exploring Planet Alpha
396 Posts
KeRo's picks

Matador Diego
Matador Fernando
Ryback
The Miz
Kane
Daniel Bryan
Randy Orton
Curtis Axel

Backups:
Darren Young
Titus O'Neil

Promo:

Lacy: Well, what a match that was here on PWA Tuesday Night Thunder! Our next match sees two old enemies - ever since one of their debuts - square off yet again. It'll be Nelson King facing my guest at this time....

(KeRo walks into shot, with a pint glass from which he is taking and chewing ice cubes for some reason)

Lacy: Uh...

(After a few seconds she just hands KeRo the mic. KeRo swallows the ice cube he had in his mouth.)

KeRo: Nelson King. From the moment I first passed through the entrance gates and stepped into the PWA ring, you saw something in me. You saw me as a threat. That's why you tried so hard to take me out. Which I like. It means, at least, that you're smart.
But where have we gone since then? You had your title reigns, and I find myself stuck with the scrubs like Microburst. There's something very wrong with that. And it makes it pretty clear that Paula Haymen isn't telling us something about her booking process.. Maybe it's because you walk into her office and give her the third degree every week.
I hear John Connor joins in too...
Now the time is right. Now KeRo gains the upper hand. And I don't care how I have to do it. I don't care if I have to snatch the win from right under your nose. It's not happening. I will crush you, and at Survival I will win the PWA World Heavyweight Championship.

(He puts another ice cube in his mouth and walks off. Lacy stands confused for a while.)

Lacy: Okay... Back to Kaitlin Moore in the ring.

·
Stay Fearless
7,384 Posts
Joey Spears picks
Randy Orton
Daniel Bryan
Kane
John Cena
Big E Langston
Cody Rhodes
Goldust
Alberto Del Rio

Backups
Roman Reigns
Seth Rollins

Promo
Last week I lost the biggest challenge of my career. I'm was very disappointed in myself for losing against the former champion, LJC. Well this is going to be a different week as I face the next biggest challenge in my career. I am going to redeem myself when I win this tournament. And the first guy on my list to take out is the current Hardcore champion.

·
Banned
24 Posts
Danno Dinardos picks

1. Roman Reigns
2. Seth Rollins
3. Randy Orton
4. The Big Show
5. Daniel Bryan
6. Kane
7. Cody Rhodes
8. Dean Ambrose

Backups:

Mysterio
Cara

*After losing his hair Danno Dinardo wears a big black hat and he refuse to take off it*

·
Premium Member
17,744 Posts
Little Jiminy Cricket's picks:
John Cena
Randy Orton
Daniel Bryan
Kane
Luke Harper
"other Wyatt guy"
Diego
Fernando

Big E Langston
Reigns

Cricket's Promo:
"I'm on a roll. Fresh from a win, I'll be making a streak. Starting now till [Wrestlemania PPV] I'll win every match thrown at me. No matter what the terms."

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,397 Posts
Leon Knuckles

John Cena
Randy Orton
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Kane
Big E Langston
Cody Rhodes
Goldust

Fernando
Diego

Mascara, you run your mouth, you say you beat me twice, I say SHUT THE HELL UP! I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I will numb your senses one by one. Your world will become dark... silent... emotionless. Mascara, this is the end. This is the end... for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DelhLppPSxY

·
Registered
179 Posts
Bryan "The Regular" Bent

Main Picks:
1. John Cena
2. Goldust
3. Cody Rhodes
4. Diego
5. Fernando
6. Kane
7. Roman Reigns
8. Seth Rollins

Backup:
A. Big E Langston
B. Fandango

Promo:
Last week didn't count! My streak still exist! I did not lose! Dustin Dreamer got pinned by Bangarang! I did not get pinned! Dreamer was far over his head in that fight and that cost me MY hardcore championship belt!

I wanted a rematch with Dreamer, but for some reason Paula is protecting him and won't let me settle my score tonight, so i'm stuck with Ravi Bishara.

Well Bishara, when i joined you mocked me, but now i am on a 10-match win streak and tomorrow it's gonna count 11.

- Bryan

·
Registered
295 Posts
TJ Styles Picks:

1. Diego
2. Fernando
3. Randy Orton
4. Daniel Bryan
5. Cody Rhodes
6. Goldust
7. Kane
8. Dean Ambrose

Backups:
CM Punk
Big E Langston

Promo:
Forget tag team, hardcore and US it's all damn about the World Championship! I'll squash your US Champion and make a point before I win the whole tournament and be the new WORLD CHAMPION!''

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Connor

Mains

Cena
Orton
Wyatt
Big E
Cody
Goldust
Kane
AJ

Backups

Ryback
Santino

PROMO

Enter, they do. The tournament is set to crown my next challenger. I reign as king of the land, and there shall be no mere mortal who can wrest this championship from around my waist. The shadow has been cast, the seeds of doubt have been planted. Whether or not there are any takers, the only certainty is that you must trust in Connor

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Muhammad Islami

Randy Orton
Big E Langston
Diego
Fernando
John Cena
Kane
Alberto Del Rio
Roman Reigns

Daniel Bryan
Luke Harper

Myself and Brother Ravi have retained our Championships and now our attention has diverted to the World Championsip. When either of us becomes Champion, we'll represent our Eastern brothers and sisters in a way they can be proud of us. It's time for the rise if the oppressed.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts