302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

PWA Thunder . 28/05/12 - 03/06/12 . New Orleans, LA

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Match Card for the 28/05/12 - 03/06/12 edition of Tuesday Night Thunder

Opener
Singles Match

Harry Keith Cresswell vs. "Devious" Nelson King
Stipulation: If HKC wins, he will receive a title shot at PWA Containment. Think of this match like his semi-rematch clause, except the title was vacant prior to Overdrive, so he has to earn the full rematch.

Triple Threat Debut
Gustavo de Leon vs. Jack Young vs. "The Cyberpunk" AG Zero

Singles Match
Lee Powell vs. Carter Albano

Singles Match
Randy Orton vs. Triple Dan

Tag Team Match
James Curran and The Assassin vs. Mascara de la Muerte and Little Jiminy Cricket

Main Event
#1 Contender to the WHC

Mr. Malaka vs. The Veterinarian
MAKING YOUR PICKS
The deadline for picks is Monday, May 28, by 2 PM PST (i.e., one hour before RAW begins).
Please pick 8 (eight) wrestlers off the current WWE roster and 2 (two) back-ups in case of a draw.
Your picks will garner points on this week's RAW and SD!
Do NOT edit your post after the deadline or you will be automatically disqualified.

CUTTING A PROMO
If you want to cut a promo please do so in this thread.
Promos are gambles used to potentially increase your wrestler's Overness.

GOOD LUCK!
Remember to spread word about the league!
Good luck to everyone in their respective matches!

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...​
.​
.​
.​
.​
.​

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
QUESTION FOR YA'LL
As the fed gets bigger it will become harder for me to include everyone in title chases and stuff. I personally think it's more fun if you know at any moment you could be at least chasing some kind of gold. Also, just for reality's sake, it gets a little ridiculous when you have 10 matches on a card. If the fed gets too big I will introduce a second brand with its own titles for these exact reasons (and probably seek a second GM to run it - i.e., hopefully one of you guys (Y))

So my question to anyone and everyone who may have some thoughts is: how many wrestlers should we allow in the fed? We can (and I will) make it ultra-exclusive before opening up a second brand, just because I'd rather have 15 dedicated people who post picks every week than a constantly revolving door of 30 who I have no clue what they're gonna do.

There are ways of going about who to let into the fed once the roster is full. For the fed I used to run many, many years ago, I eventually implemented an NXT-type show with a handful of people who had signed up and were waiting for a roster spot. It more mirrored a developmental territory than NXT, actually; but either option works. I also have plans to allow the winner of the monthly PPV Prediction Game that I am trying to get popular a chance to sign up and win an automatic roster spot.

This is all stuff we'll worry about in the future, of course. For now, how big should we let the roster get before creating a waitlist to get in? I have it set at 26 but I'm beginning to think 20 might be better. Thoughts?

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts

PWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION - NELSON KING'S PICKS FOR THUNDER #4

1. Christian
2. Ryback
3. Damien Sandow
4. Brodus Clay
5. John Cena
6. CM Punk
7. Randy Orton
8. Layla

2 ALTERNATES

1. Sheamus
2. Santino Marella

PROMO FROM THE UNDEFEATED AND NEW PWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION NELSON KING.

"I must admit it feels great being on top of the world. Achieving the goals I set out before myself. HKC, you put up a great account of yourself, but I'm not so sure you deserve another shot at the title. Our first match, I called YOU out and after you tried getting the upper hand I beat you.

Then as the number 1 and number 2 contenders we squared off for the World title. Guess what? I beat YOU again. I guess i'll have to prove that at Thunder you're not on my level and that I am the prevalent one, Nelson King.

The UNDEFEATED, PWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!"

OOC NOTE

I think having a limit is a good idea, but that's up to you as it would depend on workload. You're doing an awesome job by the way.

The idea of a developmental type division is a great one as if people don't show they are dropped and you can bump up the best performing "rookie".

·
FAKE HAPPY
12,534 Posts
Hey! Could you please correct my name. You written Mascara de la Muerta and it should be Mascara de la Muerte. Thanks. By the way, what about the Tag Team Titles?

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Picks:
1. Brodus Clay
2. Ryback
3. Christian
4. Damien Sandow
5. Kelly Kelly
6. CM Punk
7. Randy Orton
8. Big Show

Extra:
1. The Miz
2. Layla
--------------------------
Promo for tag match.
--------------------------
Once again, I'm up against some loser who's name sounds mexican and a little criket? Hey Mexican man, I hope you are maxican so you can cover your face with some lame ass mask. The Assassin is my tag partnar, hey thats fine. The Assasins got balls, Hey, Cricket... maybe we can lend you some.

·
FAKE HAPPY
12,534 Posts
Mascara de la Muerte picks:

1. Christian
2. Randy Orton
3. Layla
4. Shaemus
5. CM Punk
6. Big Show
7. Tensai
8. Ryback

Extra picks:

1. Kofi Kingston
2. R-Truth

==========================================
Mascara de la Muerte Promo:
==========================================
So tonight I will team up with Little Jiminy Cricket, to face James Curran and The Assasin, huh? Let me say this, James, if that's your real name. You call me loser, then again it was you and your partner, who lost at Overdrive. And I. I won. You make fun of me, because I represent Mexican style of wrestling? Well, tonight you and your tag team partner will learn to respect Lucha Libre. LA VICTORIA SERA MIA!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Picks
1) Damien Sandow
2) Ryback
3) CM Punk
4) Christian
5) Sheamus
6) Brodus Clay
7) Randy Orton
8) John Cena

Backups
1) Kane
2) Alberto Del Rio

Promo
Now you may be wondering why I am stood here infront of you all here in New Orleans without the World Championship around my waist. Its very simple actually, Nelson King fluked a victory over me last night. You may think that I have lost my cool but I have not as I know tonight I will get back on the hunt to become the World Champion and Nelson King if I were you id be very worried as after ive finished with you tonight, you may not make it to containment! Tonight is the 3rd time I have faced you Nelson and people may say when I win tonight it will be because of '3rd time lucky'. Hell no! Thats not how it will be, you're the guy who needs the luck because tonight I will beat you Nelson King, and its not arrogance, its destiny!

·
Premium Member
17,321 Posts
Picks
1) Damien Sandow
2) Daniel Bryan
3) Lord Tensai
4) Layla
5) Alberto Del Rio
6) Brodus Clay
7) Randy Orton
8) Big Show

Backups
1) Cody Rhodes
2) Dolph Ziggler

Promo for Little Jiminy Cricket
I’m 2 – 2; that means that 50% of the time, if there were two of me in the ring, I’d win…100% of the time. So being in twos tonight would have added up to better chances of winning for me, but what did they do…the teamed me up with Mascara de la Muerte, a guy who speaks another language! How the helllllll do you think I’m going to beat two wrestlers, one of which I’ve lost and one of which I’ve beaten, with a 25% chance of winning…100% percent of the time? I can’t communicate with my tag team partner, so that lowers my chances 25%!

Interviewer interrupts Cricket: Jiminy, Jiminy! Didn’t you hear Mascara de la Muerte warning just a second ago to your opponents tonight, it was in clear English. He can speak English!

Cricket: What! We can both speak English! Ah, that’s great! We can communicate and plan! That’s 50% increase, which makes it a total of 85% chance of winning…100% of the time!!!

Interviewer: Uhh, Cricket, that’s actually not---

Cricket: Out of my I have to go speak English to my teammate!

For the Question:
it depends how much work you can handle with all this stuff. It's a lot, but you're doing a great so far. I'd hate for it to be too much and burn you out. So start with a lower number for now so it's a tighter group of users who know and understand everything legit. Then you can let more people in, and have less work with a few veterans answering a lot of questions or handling the workload.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Picks
1) Christian
2) Kofi Kingston
3) Big Show
4) Randy Orton
5) Damien Sandow
6) Ryback
7) Sheamus
8) CM Punk

B1) Kane
B2) Tensai

Promo:

First of all, I want to congratulate Nelson King for becoming the very first World Heavyweight Champion. You gave an amazing performance in beating HKC.

One guy. He beat one guy. I on the other hand had to beat four guys and had to climb a ladder. All this so i could become the very first PWA Television Champion. Some may say that's a bigger achievement, but I'm not here to rain on Nelson King's parade.

I'm here to thank the crowd for supporting me last night. You guys helped me defeat my opponent and helped me to the top. I promised you guys I would walk out Virginia with gold around my waist and you helped me keep that promise. Thank You.

Now onto tonight. It seems that our GM finds it entertaining for me to face Carter Albano. I find this strange, didn't I already beat this guy ... twice. And according to he was going to bring his A-game at Overdrive, and he still lost to me. I find this strange, but our GM knows best. See you out there tonight, Carter. And good luck.

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,744 Posts
Brodus Clay
Ryback
Christian
Daniel Bryan
Randy Orton
Layla
R-Truth
Shaemus

Backups
Tensai
Kofi Kingston

·
Registered
938 Posts
Promo from Carter Albano:

Once again i narrowly lose out through no fault of my own. When i smashed Randy Orton's head into the step of the ladder i did not realise it had broken, so when i was a matter of feet away from unhooking the PWA Pure championship belt that very step caused me to falter and Lee Powell beat me to the top. Its just a rut that i need to get out of, and with the support of the PWA Universe i am confident i can do it. This week i have my shot against the PWA Pure champion and i fully intend to show everyone that i deserve a shot at the title.

Picks
1) Big Show
2) Christian
3) John Cena
4) Daniel Bryan
5) Randy Orton
6) Alberto Del Rio
7) Santino Marella
8) Kofi Kingston

Back Ups

Ryback
Damien Sandow

·
Premium Member
17,321 Posts
Cricket:
"Let me make something clear, Curran. The only reason I'm not in the PWA Championship match, is because Mr. Malaka was lucky enough to get the fall last week. You, having already lost to me before, plays no part in me teaming up with Mascara de la Ma- I mean, Mas acar la de la- no, Well Look! It's Mask of Death ok...I googled it. You see, that belt, the PWA World Championship title rather, doesn't fit on just any wrestler; maybe right now it's not meant to fit on me. But for some Wanker to think he could be me in this ring, even with the help of the Assassin...well your just as dumb as I thought. After Mascara de la Muerte does his Thunder Diver to you, I'll clean up the pieces with Death From Above! Don't come expecting a wrestling match, we know you can't wrestle, come with a bottle of Advil and a bottle of Bengay; that's all you'll ever need in this buisness!"

- Live and Let Die plays him off.

·
Registered
245 Posts
PICKS
Sheamus
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Randy Orton
Brodus Clay
Ryback
Tensai
Damien Sandow

BACKUPS
Kane
Alberto Del Rio

PROMO
Gustavo de Leon and Jack Young? Welcome to the nihilistic underground. Gustavo, this may be our first meeting in YOUR time-stream, but with my hi-tech move set your only future is dystopia. And Jack Young, I’m calling you out. Cyberspace informs me you’re quite a ring technician. Well I know all about being TECHnical and I say when you are locked in my hypercube, there are only 2 ways out. TAPPING out, or PASSING out. AG Zero: LOGGING out!

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
Picks
1) Damien Sandow
2) Ryback
3) CM Punk
4) Christian
5) Sheamus
6) Brodus Clay
7) Randy Orton
8) John Cena

Backups
1) Kane
2) Alberto Del Rio

Promo
Now you may be wondering why I am stood here infront of you all here in New Orleans without the World Championship around my waist. Its very simple actually, Nelson King fluked a victory over me last night. You may think that I have lost my cool but I have not as I know tonight I will get back on the hunt to become the World Champion and Nelson King if I were you id be very worried as after ive finished with you tonight, you may not make it to containment! Tonight is the 3rd time I have faced you Nelson and people may say when I win tonight it will be because of '3rd time lucky'. Hell no! Thats not how it will be, you're the guy who needs the luck because tonight I will beat you Nelson King, and its not arrogance, its destiny!
THE CHAMP RESPONDS

"Whoa, whoa, you are a cheat...copying me! I'm not suprised though as you are a no good underhanded loser, who can't lace my boots for fun"

"Getting opportunity after opportunity. I went first as I was the champion and wanted to fight with honour.

"But YOU, you bring nothing but dishonour and dispair to the ranks of the PWA. Nothing more than a disgrace."

"I'm beginning to enjoy kicking your ass, as I'm sure all the fans would too. So if I will relish in victory and the knowledge that you will have to start at the bottom of the ladder. BUT, if you win...I will look forward to ONE MORE match with you in which I will stomp a mudhole in you and walk you dry. You can take that to the bank!"

"I'll be the one drinking champagne with the fans after the match."

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Ah hell, kept checking the main thread to see if I was being booked, not this one, so I didn't get my picks in. Just pretend my guy's debut is delayed ala Brodus Clay.

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,744 Posts
Ah hell, kept checking the main thread to see if I was being booked, not this one, so I didn't get my picks in. Just pretend my guy's debut is delayed ala Brodus Clay.
SacrasmoBlaster, AKA THE FUNK-GUN.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol luckily that won't be a problem! Losses don't affect Overness or anything since you haven't made a promo.

Definitely remember to check this section of the forum again for next week's Thunder. I should have it up by tomorrow, if not late tonight.

ANYWAYS... results will be up tonight, everyone. I'm watching RAW as I write this.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts