10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

PWA Thunder. December 2, 2013. Glasgow, Scotland

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Card for Thunder #59

Opener
John Connor's Victory Speech

16-Man Tag Team Match
Sweet 'n Sour, Bangarang, Mascara de la Muerte, Muhammad Islami, Little Jiminy Cricket, Microburst, Bryan Bent & Nelson King V Leon Knuckles, TJ Styles, Joey Spears, Dustin Dreamer, KeRo, Tom Bombadil, Rott Wyler & Ravi Bishara

Main Event
# 1 Contender's 9-Man Battle Royal - World Heavyweight Championship

John Connor V ? V ? V ? V ? V ? V ? V ? V ? {? = winning team members}
If Connor wins, he names his opponent for TLC

MAKING YOUR PICKS
The deadline for picks is Monday, 5 PM PST (i.e., before RAW begins).
Please pick 8 (eight) wrestlers off the current WWE roster and 2 (two) back-ups in case of a draw.
Your picks will garner points on this week's RAW, SD!, and Main Event
Do NOT edit your post after the deadline or you will be automatically disqualified.
If you don't write your character name with your picks, it's a 50% penalty.

CUTTING A PROMO
If you want to cut a promo please do so in this thread.
Promos are gambles used to potentially increase the overness ranking of your wrestler.
**NB** Your promo must show effort to be counted. Posting one sentence does not constitute effort, and you will not be awarded promo points if they are deemed unsatisfactory.

GOOD LUCK!
Remember to spread word about the league!
Good luck to everyone in their respective matches!

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Paula: Coming off the heels of an amazing November 2 Remember show, a big congratulations must go out to Bryan Bent, the sole survivor in the huge tag team match. We must also congratulate the rookie, Joey Spears, on winning the Grand Slam tournament. Above all else, congratulations must go out to John Connor who once again retained the Heavyweight Championship in a phenomenal encounter with Joey Spears

The crowd boos a little, displeased with results

Paula: Which, again, leaves John without a challenger to his title. Now, I could organise another tournament, but I feel it would drag on. So, in an effort to shake things up, there will be a 16-man tag team match tonight. The winning team of 8 will enter a 9-man battle royal featuring John Connor. If Connor wins the match, he names his opponent for TLC. If he doesn't, then whomever does win the match will be the number 1 contender for the title and get their shot at TLC later on this month.

A scattered cheer is heard

Paula: Speaking of TLC, there has been a lot of discussion surrounding the tag team division in recent months, mainly concerning just who is the best team in PWA. So, I put it out to the roster - form yourselves into a tag team by next week, and I will provide details for why this is needed at that time.

·
FAKE HAPPY
12,502 Posts
Is there a reason why Dreamer is facing his teammates from Trivolution? Did something happen?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Islami an Bishra are al against each other i assume it's to mix it up a little and possible have 1 of every team in the end fight?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,398 Posts
Damn good job Bullseye. This is gonna be awesome. :mark:

·
CONCERNED THIRD PARTY
1,323 Posts
Yeah great card. One problem though.

If we cut a promo & let's say our team wins the first match but i lose the #1 Contenders match i won't benefit from it since i'd gain an extra +1 but then lose an extra -1. So basically it will only be worth it cutting a promo if you win that #1 contenders match. I'd like to cut a promo but with odds like that.. Nah.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Overness will be based on a nominated match (if you're in two). That's how I did it with N2R.

·
FAKE HAPPY
12,502 Posts
This isn't very important, but since it's Tuesday Night Thunder, shouldn't it be December 2?

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
John Connor

* Main Picks *

CM Punk
Roman Reigns
Jack Swagger
Randy Orton
Cody Rhodes
Goldust
Big E Langston
Antonio Cesaro

Backups

John Cena
Dean Ambrose

PROMO

This celebration shall be short and sweet. I emerged from November 2 Remember still holding MY world championship, in spite of a courageous effort from Joey Spears. If you're listening, Joey, then kid, you've got a great future here. Don't get yourself too down, not everybody can be as good as I am. Tonight, the battle royal, I'll have to eliminate 8 peasants in order to crown my next victim. Time will tell, the odds aren't going to be kind, but they shall forever be in my favour. Retribution has been achieved, glory has been attained. Now it's time to dominate.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,152 Posts
Rott Wyler picks

1. John Cena
2. Randy Orton
3. Mark Henry
4. Big E Langston
5. Roman Reigns
6. CM Punk
7. Antonio Cesaro
8. Cody Rhodes

Backups

1. Goldust
2. Rey Mysterio

PROMO

Tables, Ladders and Chairs is approaching and let me assure everyone in this arena, everyone in the back and our General Manager Paula Heyman, that when this year ends, those tag title belts will be back where they rightfully belong- around the waists of Rott Wyler and TJ Styles. We have been decimating our opposition week in, week out and this Thunder will be no exception. We will continue to show why we're the best team in PWA history and yeah- John Connor, you better watch your back coz your next challenger could be sneaking up on you while you don't even notice.

·
Registered
295 Posts
TJ Styles Picks

1. Randy Orton
2. John Cena
3. CM Punk
4. Mark Henry
5. Roman Reigns
6. Cody Rhodes
7. Goldust
8. Big E Langston

Backups

Luke Harper
Dean Ambrose

Promo:

''Sunday was not good but this week it'll be huge! My team will win before I chuck all of them out just like that and proceed in my path of glory! JOHN CONNOR YOU'RE NEXT!''

·
Registered
179 Posts
Bryan "The Last Man Standing" Bent

Main Picks:
1. John Cena
2. Randy Orton
3. Mark Henry
4. Big E Langston
5. Roman Reigns
6. CM Punk
7. Cody Rhodes
8. Goldust

Backup:
A. Xavier Woods
B. Big Show

·
Bring back Gary Oak!
4,682 Posts
Ravi Bishara

1. Roman Reigns
2. John Cena
3. CM Punk
4. Daniel Bryan
5. Cody Rhodes
6. Goldust
7. Big E Langston
8. Mark Henry

B1. Brodus Clay
B2. AJ Lee

·
CONCERNED THIRD PARTY
1,323 Posts
Microburst

Picks:

1. Roman Reigns
2. Randy Orton
3. Rey Mysterio
4. Mark Henry
5. CM Punk
6. Cody Rhodes
7. Big E Langston
8. John Cena

Backups:

1. Antonio Cesaro
2. Nikki Bella

Promo:

What an amazing night we had, Muerte desde Arriba! Well in this case, the death of Stars N Stripes title reign came from below! We were underdogs, no one counted on us to bring home the gold. But this is what Muerte desde Arriba is all about! Fight, determination & to overcome everything in our way! That's us! And that we will prove!

·
FAKE HAPPY
12,502 Posts
Mascara de la Muerte

Picks:

1. Roman Reigns
2. John Cena
3. Randy Orton
4. Big E Langston
5. CM Punk
6. Cody Rhodes
7. Goldust
8. Rey Mysterio

Backups:

1. Antonio Cesaro
2. Daniel Bryan

Promo:

Como esta, amigos? It's me, Mascara de la Muerte. The FOUR TIME! FOUR TIME! FOUR TIME! FOUR TIME! PWA Tag Team champion. Me and Microburst are gonna tear the tag team division up! In a few weeks at TLC, it's gonna be Tag Team Triple Threat TLC match for the Tag Team Championships. *huge pop* But John Connor, don't think that these tag titles will distract me from kicking your ass. You may have pinned me at November 2 Remember, but the next time we face each other one on one, you better run for your life. Because that World Heavyweight title will be mine.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts