Match Card for the 14/05/12 - 19/05/12 edition of PWA Overdrive

Opener
#1 Contender to the WHC Tournament

Little Jiminy Cricket vs. Mr. Malaka

Singles Debut Match
Triple Dan vs. Mascara de la Muerte

Five Way Ladder Match
PWA Television Championship

Carter Albano vs. Keith Aberdeen vs. Randy Orton vs. Lee Powell vs. James Curran

Singles Match
#1 Contender to the WHC Tournament

The Veterinarian vs. The Assassin

Main Event
Singles Match for the PWA World Heavyweight Championship

Harry Keith Cresswell vs. "Devious" Nelson King​
MAKING YOUR PICKS
The deadline for picks is Sunday, May 20, by 4 PM PST (i.e., one hour before Over the Limit begins).
Please pick 8 (eight) wrestlers off the current WWE roster and 2 (two) back-ups in case of a draw.
Your picks will garner points on this week's PPV, Over the Limit, as well as RAW and SD!
Do NOT edit your post after the deadline or you will be automatically disqualified.

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

CUTTING A PROMO
If you want to cut a promo please do so in this thread.
Promos are gambles used to potentially increase your wrestler's Overness.

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

GOOD LUCK!
Remember to spread word about the league!
Good luck to everyone in our first PPV!

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...​
.​
.​
.​
.​
.​

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,744 Posts
Picks:
Layla
Punk
Shaemus
Larauanitis
Brodus
Ryback
Rhodes
Truth

BACKUPS:
Tensai
Kofi

·
FAKE HAPPY
12,533 Posts
Mascara de la Muerte

My picks:

1. CM Punk
2. Layla
3. John Cena
4. R-Truth
5. Kofi Kingston
6. Brodus Clay
7. Shaemus
8. Randy Orton

Bonus picks:
B1. Alberto Del Rio
B2. Chris Jericho

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Picks
1) Brodus Clay
2) Sheamus
3) Kofi Kingston
4) John Cena
5) Kane
6) Daniel Bryan
7) Cody Rhodes
8) Layla

Backups
1) Brodus Clay
2) CM Punk

Promo
Tonight is the night. Tonight is the night were I finally become the 1st ever PWA World Champion. I told you all that it was destiny for me to become the 1st world champ, and none of you believed me! Now a lot of you may think that Nelson King actually stands a chance because he beat me last week on Thunder. Now that was just a fluke, I was just warming up for the world title match at Overdrive. Nelson King put everything into that match therefore he will be very tired for tonights match which will give me the advantage. Now tonight I will make history when I win the world title but not only will I do that, I will also put and end to Nelson King's career. I hope you all have your cameras at the ready for later tonight, because when I have the world title around my waist, your gonna wanna get a picture. It was only a matter of time that this day would come, and look its here, right here in Richmond VA. You guys are so lucky to be witnessing the man standing infront of you right now and im going to make a promise to you, tonight I will leave this arena as World Champion. And mark my words, its not arrogance, its destiny!

·
FAKE HAPPY
12,533 Posts
Mascara de la Muerte promo:

"Como estas, amigos? Soy La Mascara de la Muerte, el mejor luchador en el todo mundo. I have come here, to PWA, to show you real lucha libre. I am very happy to debut here, at PWA's first ever PPV, Overdrive. Soy el ganador! La victoria sera mia!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Picks:
1) Kofi Kingston
2) R-Truth
3) Sheamus
4) Brodus Clay
5) Kane
6) John Laurenitis
7) CM Punk
8) Randy Orton

B1) Chris Jericho
B2) Daniel Bryan

Promo:
People mocked me when I lost on the first episode of Thunder. You don't belong here, they said. You can't wrestle, they said. But one week later, I beat Carter Albano, and the week after that I beat The Assassin. I prove every single week I can make it in this business, that I belong here. And tonight at Overdrive, I will once again prove to my fans that I deserve to be in PWA. I am going to win the PWA Pure Championship, that is a promise. I will walk out of Richmond wearing gold around my waist.

Yes, I will be facing four other men. Men that have proven the last few weeks that they belong here, and that they deserve this shot as much as I do, maybe even more. Carter Albano, Keith Aberdeen, Randy Orton & James Curran. Four guys bursting with talent, which makes that the odds aren't in my favor.

But I would rather die than give up, I will never back down, I will overcome the odds and become the very first PWA Pure Champion. And to my opponents tonight, all I have to say is this: bring your A-game, because you count on the fact that I will be bringing mine.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Picks:
1) Kofi Kingston
2) R-Truth
3) Sheamus
4) Brodus Clay
5) Kane
6) John Laurenitis
7) CM Punk
8) Randy Orton

B1) Chris Jericho
B2) Daniel Bryan

Promo:
People mocked me when I lost on the first episode of Thunder. You don't belong here, they said. You can't wrestle, they said. But one week later, I beat Carter Albano, and the week after that I beat The Assassin. I prove every single week I can make it in this business, that I belong here. And tonight at Overdrive, I will once again prove to my fans that I deserve to be in PWA. I am going to win the PWA Pure Championship, that is a promise. I will walk out of Richmond wearing gold around my waist.

Yes, I will be facing four other men. Men that have proven the last few weeks that they belong here, and that they deserve this shot as much as I do, maybe even more. Carter Albano, Keith Aberdeen, Randy Orton & James Curran. Four guys bursting with talent, which makes that the odds aren't in my favor.

But I would rather die than give up, I will never back down, I will overcome the odds and become the very first PWA Pure Champion. And to my opponents tonight, all I have to say is this: bring your A-game, because you count on the fact that I will be bringing mine.
I really do hope you bring you're A game Lee Powell. Because then (when you look up & see me atop the ladder, belt in hand) you can have no complaints as to who the better man is. Nobody here can deny your wrestling ability, but that ability wont help you tonight. It takes brains & courage to win a match like this, which is why I, Carter Albano will become the 1st ever PWA PURE CHAMPION!!

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
My picks - Nelson King!

• CM Punk
  • Layla
  • Sheamus
  • Kofi Kingston
  • R-Truth
  • Randy Orton
  • Daniel Bryan
  • Kane

My 2 alternates.
  • The Miz
  • Ryback
NELSON KING PROMO.

"Now, I'm suprised! I knew I'D be contesting for the PWA World Championship at PWA Overdrive, this Sunday and as we all know, that's not the suprise. What is a suprise is how that pretender and wannabee, HKC has another opportunity to defeat The undefeated soon to be first ever PWA World Champion, ME, Nelson King"

"IT'S WHAT'S MEANT TO HAPPEN!"

"You're a sneak HKC, How can you justify hitting me in the back with a steal chair before the bell was rung in out last match? Well I can assure you, you will not be getting any advantages in this contest and you will be leaving the ring empty handed."

"I'll just warn you that you're the one who needs to watch his back and WHEN I'm champion. I don't think you'll deserve another shot at the title until you've climbed up the proverbial ladder."

"You will all call me Champ!"

·
Registered
938 Posts
1) CM Punk
2) Kofi Kingston
3) Sheamus
4) Chris Jericho
5) R- Truth
6) John Cena
7) Big Show
8) Ryback

Back ups
1) Layla
2) Brodus Clay

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Picks:
Layla
Punk
Shaemus
Larauanitis
Big Show
Ryback
Kane
Kofi

BACKUPS:
Ziggler
John Cena

Promo for Little Jiminy Cricket:
"When I was told I would have to fight some evil Clown and his side kick in order to win the PWA's World Heavy Championship, you can just imagine how un-startled I was. see, Clowns don't scare me. Clowns on unicycles do not scare me. Clowns on unicycles with weapons hidden in their 'so-damn-baggy-they-should-have-been-left-in-a-Village-People's-music-video' pants, doesn't scare me. I do not do cheap parlor tricks to beat me opponents. I rain death from above; I'm a high flyer. With one trampoline splash from outside the ring, your chances for the #1 contender for the World Heavy weight Championship, are about as good as understanding Mascara de la Muerte's little tantrum he threw earlier. See you in the ring you F*****ng Clown!"

Reactions: Leon Knuckles

·
Registered
10 Posts
1. Brodus Clay
2. Ryback
3. CM Punk
4. Daniel Bryan
5. Kane
6. Johnny Ace
7. Layla
8. Kofi

Backup
1. R-Truth
2. Alberto Del Rio

PROMO

The Veterinarian will assassinate the assassin, Rex Banner can sniff you a mile off so you won't be sneaking up on me. When I get a hold of you I will euthanise you. That's right, I'm going to PUT YOU DOWN!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry, everyone! I've been on vacation since Wednesday night, so I have (ironically) had no spare time to get things done for the fed (read: I've been binge drinking on the other side of the country for the past six days). My flight got back into town late last night.

I did manage to take a couple hours to watch the PPV Monday morning. I have that scored. I am going to score RAW and SD! right now, and then get the results up as well.

Keep your eyes open and good luck to all!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Over the Limit
Kane (17) - Appearance (+2); Match (+5); Fin Exec. (+2); FLDW (+3); Victory (+5);
Ryder (5) - Appearance (+2); Match (+5); Defeat (-2);
Santino (2) - Appearance (+2);
Rhodes (4) - Appearance (+2) (+2); Match (+5); Defeat (-2); Lose Title (-3);
Christian (36) - Appearance (+2) (+2) (+2); Match (+5) (+5); Victory (+5) (+5); Fin Exec. (+2); FLDW (+3); Win Title (+5);
Miz - Appearance (+2) (+2); Match (+5) (+5); Defeat (-2) (-2);
Swagger (2) - Appearance (+2); Match (+5); Defeat (-2); Lose Title (-3);
Ziggler (2) - Appearance (+2); Match (+5); Defeat (-2); Lose Title (-3);
Kofi (22) - Appearance (+2); Match (+5); Fin Exec. (+2); FLDW (+3); Victory (+5); Win Title (+5);
R-Truth (17) - Appearance (+2); Match (+5); Victory (+5); Win Title (+5);
Layla (22) - Appearance (+2); Match (+5); Fin Exec. (+2); FLDW (+3); Victory (+5); Win Title (+5);
Beth Phoenix (2) - Appearance (+2); Match (+5); Defeat (-2); Lose Title (-3);
Orton (8) - Appearance (+2) (+2); Match (+5); Fin Exec. (+2) (+2); Defeat (-2); Lose Title (-3);
Jericho (12) - Appearance (+2) (+2); Match (+5); Fin Exec. (+2) (+2) (+2) (+2); Defeat (-2); Lose Title (-3);
Del Rio (6) - Appearance (+2); Match (+5); Fin Exec. (+2) (+2); Defeat (-2); Lose Title (-3);
Sheamus (24) - Appearance (+2); Match (+5); Fin Exec. (+2) (+2); FLDW (+3); Victory (+5); Win Title (+5);
Brodus Clay (17) - Appearance (+2); Match (+5); Fin Exec. (+2); FLDW (+3); Victory (+5);
CM Punk (17) - Appearance (+2); Match (+5); Victory (+5); Win Title (+5);
Daniel Bryan (4) - Appearance (+2); Match (+5); Fin Exec. (+2); Defeat (-2); Lose Title (-3);
Ryback (17) - Appearance (+2); Match (+5); Fin Exec. (+2); FLDW (+3); Victory (+5);
Johnny Ace (12) - Appearance (+2); Match (+5); Victory (+5);
Cena (7) - Appearance (+2); Match (+5); Fin Exec. (+2); Defeat (-2);
Big Show (4) - Appearance (+2); Fin Exec. (+2);
RAW
Cena (15) - Appearance (+1) (+1); Match (+3) (+3); Fin Exec. (+1) (+1); FLDW (+2); Victory (+3); No Contest (+0);
Johnny Ace (2) - Appearance (+1) (+1);
Big Show (3) - Appearance (+1) (+1); Fin Exec. (+1);
Otunga (4) - Appearance (+1) (+1); Match (+3); Defeat (-1);
Sheamus (5) - Appearance (+1) (+1); Match (+3); No Contest (+0);
Santino (3) - Appearance (+1) (+1); Fin Exec. (+1);
Del Rio (7) - Appearance (+1) (+1); Match (+3); Victory via DQ (+2);
Orton (7) - Appearance (+1); Match (+3); Victory (+3);
Jericho (5) - Appearance (+1) (+1); Fin Exec. (+1) (+1) (+1);
Daniel Bryan (7) - Appearance (+1) (+1); Match (+3); Victory via DQ (+2);
CM Punk (4) - Appearance (+1) (+1) (+1); Fin Exec. (+1);
Kane (5) - Appearance (+1); Match (+3); Defeat (-1); Fin Exec. (+1) (+1);
AJ (1) - Appearance (+1);
Christian (11) - Appearance (+1) (+1); Match (+3); Fin Exec. (+1) (+1); FLDW (+2); Victory (+3);
Beth Phoenix (10) - Appearance (+1); Match (+3); Fin Exec. (+1); FLDW (+2); Victory (+3);
Kelly Kelly (3) - Appearance (+1); Match (+3); Defeat (-1);
Layla (1) - Appearance (+1);
Ziggler (5) - Appearance (+1); Match (+3); Fin Exec. (+1); No Contest (+0);
Swagger (5) - Appearance (+1); Match (+3); Fin Exec. (+1); No Contest (+0);
Tensai (4) - Appearance (+1); Match (+3); No Contest (+0);
Kofi (+1) - Appearance (+1);
R-Truth (+1) - Appearance (+1);
Brodus Clay (+1) - Appearance (+1);
SPOILER ALERT ** SD! RESULTS ** SPOILER ALERT ** SD! RESULTS ** SPOILER ALERT

SD!
Del Rio (8) - Appearance (+1) (+1); Match (+3); Victory (+3);
Orton (5) - Appearance (+1) (+1); Match (+3); Fin Exec. (+1); Defeat (-1);
Kane (5) - Appearance (+1) (+1); Match (+3); Fin Exec. (+1); Defeat (-1);
Christian (11) - Appearance (+1); Match (+3); Fin Exec. (+1) (+1); FLDW (+2); Victory (+3);
Hunico (3) - Appearance (+1); Match (+3); Defeat (-1);
Rhodes (1) - Appearance (+1);
Ryback (10) - Appearance (+1); Match (+3); Fin Exec. (+1); FLDW (+2); Victory (+3);
Santino (10) - Appearance (+1); Match (+3); Fin Exec. (+1); FLDW (+2); Victory (+3);
Sheamus (10) - Appearance (+1); Match (+3); Fin Exec. (+1); FLDW (+2); Victory (+3);
Swagger (3) - Appearance (+1); Match (+3); Defeat (-1);
Ziggler (1) - Appearance (+1);
Sandow (10) - Appearance (+1); Match (+3); Fin Exec. (+1); FLDW (+2); Victory (+3);
Yoshi (3) - Appearance (+1); Match (+3); Defeat (-1);
Big Show (1) - Appearance (+1);
Daniel Bryan (1) - Appearance (+1);
TOTAL POINTS FOR RELEVANT SUPERSTARS
Layla (22) (1) (0) = 23
Punk (17) (4) (0) = 21
Sheamus (24) (5) (10) = 39
Johnny Ace (12) (2) (0) = 14
Brodus (17) (1) (0) = 18
Ryback (17) (0) (10) = 27
Rhodes (4) (0) (1) = 5
Truth = (17) (1) (0) = 18
Cena (7) (15) (0) = 22
Kofi (22) (1) (0) = 23
Orton (8) (7) (5) = 20
Kane (17) (5) (5) = 27
Daniel Bryan (4) (7) (1) = 12
Jericho (12) (5) (0) = 17
Big Show (4) (3) (1) = 8

·
Registered
372 Posts
Crap, If I had known that the Kane vs Ryder pre-show didn't count, i would have picked Ryback. Lesson learned for the next PPV.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Miz v Santino counted for the last ppv so surely Kane v Ryder should count?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Kane vs. Ryder DOES count! Sorry 'bout that. Results getting done now. I had everything tabulated last night before work and then my computer overheated (Y)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts