Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vladimir Putin, who has dominated Russian politics for more than a decade, was sworn in Monday as the country's president two months after winning back the job in an election clouded by allegations of widespread fraud.Putin held the presidency for eight years before term limits forced him to step down in 2008. He then became prime minister under his hand-picked successor, Dmitry Medvedev.

One of Putin's first tasks was to nominate Medvedev to become prime minister, according to Ria Novosti.

Putin, a former KGB officer who has worked to stabilize Russia's economy and curtail dissent, won the March presidential election with nearly 65% of the vote.

International observers said there was legitimate uncertainty about the vote, and chess champion-turned-opposition activist Garry Kasparov accused Putin's supporters of "massive fraud."
I am really surprised this isn't a bigger headline here. If Putin is "re-elected", which I'm sure he will be, he will have been in power longer than Stalin.

Source: http://articles.cnn.com/2012-05-07/...in-dmitry-medvedev-putin-returns?_s=PM:EUROPE

·
40,772 Posts
I've assumed he's been the dictator there and will assume this until told otherwise (i.e. he dies or something).

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Meh, atleast he cares and know how to get shit done

Better him than a drunk who cant do shit like yeltsin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts