Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
39,577 Posts
Agree. Since it looked like it was going to be a 4way match at Lockdown, just put AJ in Hardy's place

· Registered
12,980 Posts
I personally think they try it last year with Styles and obviously they were not please with the results. He held the title for 7-9 months but they were just waiting to build up Jeff Hardy,RVD and Ken Anderson resumes to take the title off him and he hasn't been anywhere close since then.

Personally, I think Beer Money should break up and move into the main event scene. I also think Styles and Joe should go back the X division full time. That's where they shine the most and actually have a bigger impact. TNA definitely made more money off Styles the X division champion than Styles the World champion.

· Banned
18,342 Posts
Styles, Joe and Morgan need to go in main event ASAP.

· Registered
456 Posts
TNA won't do it because he wasn't a big star from the WWE. However, last night pretty much made it clear that the main event scene needs a lot of improvements. Styles, Morgan, Joe, anyone else can replace the staleness of Hardy, RVD, Anderson, Angle and Sting.
Exactly my point. You have home grown talent in AJ, Joe and even Morgan. I would even go as far as building up Robbie E who has decent size for a good push. If WWE can push this spanish dude and miz who I see not talent (that comes from a guy who doesn't watch wwe on a regular basis) than Robbie E can do it.

Putting your eggs in Sting, Hardy, RVD and Anderson is not the way to build at the moment. You have Fourtune who should be beating everyone up and setting a message that they are the future. Instead AJ is out there getting double teamed. Stables send messages but TNA seems to let Fourtune be more individuals.

Almost forgot, you have Angle doing the dumbest angle in the history instead of being in the main event.:mad:

· Registered
455 Posts
A big reason why Joe isn't in the main event is that he looks like absolute shit. Sting, in his 50's, cares enough to get himself in decent shape yet Joe can't put down the cheeseburger and drop 15 pounds so he can look presentable.

· Registered
2,064 Posts
I personally believe AJ Styles & Samoa Joe belong in the X Division.

I think TNA needs to go back to the Kurt Angle well for awhile. He is their best talent, he can work well either as a heel or a babyface, and you are guaranteed a good main event.

TNA should build their main event scene around Mr. Anderson & Kurt Angle and let the others work their way up. Pope, Styles, Roode, Morgan, Joe, etc...these guys need to step into the spot, not be given it.

But AJ and Fortune are on a roll right now, they are red hot, so maybe it is their time too.

· Registered
210 Posts
i agree Styles needs to be in the X division, he had his shot as the man in TNA and it wasnt bad but it wasnt anything special, as a heavyweight champ he is not believable, they need to put the strap on Angle or Steiner and let them run with it for 6-8 months to give TNA some time to straighten out the clusterf^#*k they have become

· Registered
2,064 Posts
It's just hard to imagine AJ Styles as a legit, drawing, card carrying main eventer. But I have the same issues with Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho, Edge, Rey Mysterio Jr., Eddy Guerrerro, & Chris Benoit. I think I see things wrong.

I just think of guys like The Rock, Hulk/Hollywood Hogan, Stone Cold, Goldberg, John Cena, Batista, Macho Man, HHH, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Sting, etc...I think of these guys as the legit main eventers. They were all larger than life in their own way and seemed bigger than wrestling at some point. I know Jericho is a stud talent so I hesitated putting him in there but IMHO had Rock/Austin/Goldberg not all left early for different reasons then alot of these new main eventers would have never made it past the midcard and wrestling would be alot more popular right now than it is.

AJ Styles is a fabulous wrestler, great employee, and wonderful entertainer in the ring but he will never come across as larger than life. Right now TNA needs to be searching hi and low for someone that can be larger than life for them. Until then they probably are better off running the main events with Kurt Angle, Mr. Anderson, AJ Styles, etc...

Atleast you will be putting out quality matches.

· Natasha Yi. WHAT A BABE.
9,321 Posts
The thing is, Styles is such a TNA guy through and through, and that is really fucking refreshing right now, after Hogan, Bischoff, and now the Hardy debacle. You know what you are getting with Styles - Great matches, a depth of history to draw on, and vastly improved mic skills.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,891 Posts
He is a rock solid workhouse who doesn't get nearly enough credit in discussion of current world class wrestlers. He's the antithesis of Jeff Hardy. The Matt Hardy match showed he is through with the injury. They should turn Mr. Anderson heel and have him feud with Styles.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.