Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
HBK is the best damn Wrestler ever!
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, Randy Orton gave Jinder Mahal a great rub at Backlash this year, name some other great rubs of other superstars that been rubbed real good, i can think of Daniel Bryan, Triple H allowing Daniel Bryan to win clean on him then beating Randy Orton and BooTista same night that was nice, what about Albert Del Rio? Didn't Dolph Ziggler cash in on him, was the Del Rio at the time a real deal? give me some more..

Or

Give me some souls that deserve a chance to get a shot, such as Heath Slater anyone?

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
brock giving goldberg the win over the one who broke the streak then kevin owens giving goldy that rub at fastlane for the championship.

lot of potential in this goldberg guy, really hope he goes all the way.

Reactions: ellthom

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Del Rio made Ziggler his bitch at nearly every turn bar the cash in between 2012-14

Cena to Bryan stands out

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
The Rock giving the rub to Brock Lesnar stands out to me, as does Rock putting over The Hurricane, Goldberg, and Booker T in 03.

Sami Zayn could use a rub from someone with some star power. Might give him the push he needs to get to the next level.

·
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WWE been doing well i will give Baron Corbin's push right now a 7/10 he did win Andre The Giant Battle Royal in 2015, but since then he just been a floater, do you all think the lone wolf deserves a chance?

·
Registered
258 Posts
HHH didn't give Bryan any rub.Bryan was already mega over before him.The weak link storyline conclusion where he tapped out Orton in the middle of the ring was Bryan's turning point.

·
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HHH didn't give Bryan any rub.Bryan was already mega over before him.The weak link storyline conclusion where he tapped out Orton in the middle of the ring was Bryan's turning point.

so you saying it was more like Orton gave Daniel the rub?

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Regardless of the hurt feelings due to the unrealistic fan base, Cena put AJ over expertly at SS and then continued to be his bitch into the fall. All in all, he laid down for him for three consecutive matches. Yeah, he returned to win one in order to the the Flair record, but that was always going to happen. Only AJ's most devout marks took it seriously when Styles was calling himself face of the company. It was kayfabe and a lot of people were too busy swooning to put it into perspective.

Without John doing those jobs (especially Summerslam) AJ wouldn't gave had anywhere near the momentum he did heading into the split last fall and wouldn't have been close to being as over as he was. That was one of the most significant rubs of Johns career and it paid dividends.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Del Rio made Ziggler his bitch at nearly every turn bar the cash in between 2012-14

Cena to Bryan stands out
Yeah have to agree with this 100%.

Bryan debuted his finisher that night against Cena too and only needed to hit it once to bear him! It became known as "The Knee That Beat John Cena" over the coming months, to the commentary team at least anyway.

Not only that but Cena himself picked Bryan as his challenger on Raw as he was currently on one of his reigns of terror and in his own words had beaten everyone else.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24,751 Posts
This goes back to WCW but as a 6 to 7 year old Kevin Nash giving Rey Mysterio totally sold me on, hey Rey is small but he can beat up people and win too.

I hate bringing up Benoit, but he really made MVP seem credible. MVP was a good talker but was floundering at getting in-ring respect or interest, Benoit changed that.

Khali coming in and doing what he did to Taker was a good run. Especially since for me I was a teenager at the time and had missed when Take regularly had to make some other monster look monstrous. It was just like "fuck this ni**a is big wait did he just chop him the fuck out" lol

In loses I always look at Hardy vs Taker as what sold people on Hardy as a singles person and Hardy vs Morrison on a random smackdown is what sold me on thinking Morrison could be a fringe main eventer

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts