Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While it's always good to see the best in things, let's be real here. Whether you want Reigns to be that guy or want Bryan to be that guy, neither one have the ability or power to fix the terrible booking of the shows. You may mark out for them, but they're still surrounded by a terrible program and a roster that is deflated of any drive to be the top guy considering the CEO buried them outside of the Shield and Bray Wyatt.

Ratings may improve for a bit, but it won't be anything significant to really make Vince or anyone in the company that much more money. Vince is DESPERATE to get 10000 new viewers to view his product at this point in the career. I dunno if it's laziness or his age getting to him, but he just doesn't give a shit about the product anymore and it's clear to me if he did he would still be putting AE era numbers and keeping up with current trends enough to make WWE relevant to a mass audience.

WWE can't even book it's top superstars right. Daniel Bryan lost clean to Wyatt on RAW, and Reigns lost to the fucking Big Show in 2015.

Obviously you need to listen to the fans that are watching the program and going to the shows and talking about them making WWE relevant in this day and age. But WWE does not strive to gain back those millions of viewers they lost from the Monday Night Wars and only care about making one guy look good rather than making the entire product look good and appealing to a mass audience. There isn't a sole man that can do this, other than Vince McMahon.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
That's right. It's not down to a superstar, at the end of the day it all comes down to Vince. Without legit competition he'll continue to rest on his laurels.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I agree when guys reach the top of the mountain there's often no one for them to face because they beat all credible guys. Then we get horrible filler feuds after mania like kane bryan. Wwe needs to learn how to push multiple guys at once.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I can already lay out the booking for Roman Reigns title win post-Mania.

Extreme Rules - Reigns vs. Big Show
Payback - Reigns vs. Mark Henry
Money in the Bank - Reigns vs. Seth Rollins (cash-in Main Event)
Battleground - Reigns vs. Kane
Summerslam - Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan

·
Banned
7,451 Posts
Imagine if Microsoft had let Apple perish in the late 90s, not buy any stock in them. Apple goes bankrupt.

Windows today probably wouldn't have evolved much than how it last looked in Windows 2000. Slightly more shinier than Windows 98/95.

Diamond Rio would still be king of MP3 music players.

And Palm Treos would still dominate the smartphone market rivaling Blackberries on who could make the ugliest looking device.

Nobody would have thought of turn a Palm PDA into a phone because a Phone must have buttons.

Windows Tablet PC would all you would ever need to know about a tablet, and they cost about a grand.

What I'm getting at is technology would have been stifled.

and that is so what happened to pro-wrestling the day Vince bought WCW.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imagine if Microsoft had let Apple perish in the late 90s, not buy any stock in them. Apple goes bankrupt.

Windows today probably wouldn't have evolved much than how it last looked in Windows 2000. Slightly more shinier than Windows 98/95.

And Palm Treos would still dominate the smartphone market rivaling Blackberries on who could make the ugliest looking device.

Nobody would have thought of turn a Palm PDA into a phone because a Phone must have buttons.

This is pretty much right. Vince never gained back the viewership of the WCW fans either judging by the ratings.

Didn't help that Vince buried WCW on a consistent basis on his programming and made everyone from WCW look bad.

Why he'd rub it in like a sore loser willingly to lose the WCW fanbase is beyond stupid to me.

60,006 Posts

Windows Tablet PC would all you would ever need to know about a tablet, and they cost about a grand.

very nice post, game genie! :clap

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,244 Posts
What people don't understand about Vince is that he never had a vision for the whole product. It was all Russo, Kreski, Greenfield, Heyman, etc. Vince McMahon being in charge is what you saw in 1995 and 2014: stupid ass gimmicks and a roster full of jobbers. If it were up to Vince, the Attitude Era would have been about Stone Cold and Rock, and fuck everyone else. Russo, and some other writers after him, went the extra mile to make everyone matter. It's not old age, it's not senility, this is just Vince without a filter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts