Wrestling Forum banner

Push Santino

2963 Views 49 Replies 44 Participants Last post by  Dudeson29
I pray to god that im not the only one who see's Santino as an actual decent wrestler. In ring, once you look past the gimiicky side he's pretty solid, on the mic hes one of the top around so why is he being kept back ?
he came in as IC Champion and yes he's had a good run with Kozlov but if MVP went on that losing streal, why cant Santino go on a winning one
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
SANTINO SERVES HIS PURPOSE AS COMDEY

THERE ISNT A MONKEY ON THE PLANET WOULD
ACTUALLY VIEW HIM AS A WRESTLER FIT FOR ANYTHING ELSE
OTHER THEN WHAT HE IS DOING RIGHT NOW

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT
SO LEAVE HIM ALONE

· Registered
4,651 Posts
Santino will have a mid-card push in 2011. You can punch me in the throat if it doesn't happen.

I don't see him getting "held back" at all. He's one of the most over guys in the company and wrestles on almost every show and PPV. If anyone thinks you can't be a legitimate contender while also maintaining a comedic side:

· Registered
4,666 Posts
No no no no no. I really hope the OP IS the only one who wants to see this.

· Premium Member
83,359 Posts
I don't see it happening, to be honest.

He's just too far into this comedy role that he'll never be able to climb out of it.

· Registered
5,130 Posts
He's already found what works for him, he's found his niche, he is fine as a comic relief and that's what makes him over with the crowd, he doesn't need to get pushed further. Besides, i don't think i can stand seeing him Cobra-ing more credible superstars, ugh.

· Premium Member
498 Posts
I think it's great how he's more over than most of the roster and yet he's seen as a joke. The WWE should keep pushing guys that no one cares about. That's been good business sense since forever hasn't it?

· Premium Member
484 Posts
Never say never in WWE.

Not saying he will get a push, but I think that completely burying the idea because he is too far in his comedy role is a bit of an exaggeration to say the least. If anything, the fact that his comedy gets the ovation it does is because he has such a tight grip on the audience, he always manages to get a reaction out of them, which is a big positive when it comes to being pushed. I for one would love to see his comedy routine toned down a couple notches and him getting a more serious push, but that doesn't seem to be the popular opinion around here.

· Registered
349 Posts
too much of a joke. but not enough of a joke for his winning to be funny. just painfully annoying, i mean last man in the rumble? shouldn't have happened.

· Registered
4,651 Posts
I think it's great how he's more over than most of the roster and yet he's seen as a joke. The WWE should keep pushing guys that no one cares about. That's been good business sense since forever hasn't it?
It's especially funny because the biggest star in the WWE dresses in rainbow colored shirts, tells poop jokes in promos and has won a PPV championship match by duct taping his opponent's feet together, yet apparently Santino's comedy elements would prevent him from being seen as credible.

· Premium Member
498 Posts
It's especially funny because the biggest star in the WWE dresses in rainbow colored shirts, tells poop jokes in promos and has won a PPV championship match by duct taping his opponent's feet together, yet apparently Santino's comedy elements would prevent him from being seen as credible.
Exactly. Santino's character far from makes him unable to get a serious push. It's the booking that will determine his legitimacy. He could be World Heavyweight Champion if they booked him right. The IWC would hate it, but he'd probably get more of a reaction than most champions the IWC deems as golden.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.