Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently WWE have planned a push for Sin Cara http://www.internetwrestlingnews.com/2012/06/big-push-for-wwe-superstar-after.html

after Summerslam to prepare him for his match with Rey Mysterio at next years Wrestlemania. To be honest it makes sense, a lot of people don't seem to take him serious with his strange lighting during his matches. His constant botches don't help him either.

Been impressed with him since he came back, not seen any major botches and he's shown some good moves. I'm just worried how big this push could be? maybe they could stick him in a tag team for the time being whilst we wait for the big one with Rey.

http://www.internetwrestlingnews.com/2012/06/big-push-for-wwe-superstar-after.html

·
Banned
2,080 Posts
Rey Mysterio vs sin cara is a big money match for Mania so it makes sense. But the match quality is going to suck though.

·
Registered
280 Posts
i dont know why they dont make sin cara and mysterio a tag team./

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
They ruin him with the shitty lighting they give him during his matches, it just looks stupid.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I want a Mysterio/ Cara match at WM, so yeah, Cara needs to be pushed, but how exactly they can do that is the question. He doesn't talk, his style of wrestling is still quite limited to spots and there is always the risk of botching (though I imagine given time to prepare with Mysterio that wouldn't be as big a thing). As many have pointed out, I'd rather just put a mask on Hunico again.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Sin Cara needs a fued and fast. If this *push* is just him going over the jobber of the week then I don't care. He needs to rebuild his momentum and overness.
The lack of english doesn't even have to be much of an issue but that's a whole other discussion.

*IF* I had it my way, I'd set it up so Rey returns and they tag for a while, and then tension splits them up which leads to a match at Mania.
Doesn't need to result in a heel turn for either of them (unless WWE goes all out and turns one of them heel....)
Yeah, typical predictable tag stuff but I think it would really help elevate Sin Cara to solid upper midcard status.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Sin Cara needs to do something relevant before a major push is even considered. His type of character just doesn't have the legs to do anything long term so once they get this match with Mysterio out of the way (if it ever even happens since Rey is seemingly always hurt around Mania time) I hope they kick his ass back to Mexico.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Well so far outside of having an injury that kept him off screen for a good while the only meaningful thing Sin Cara has done was the average feud with Hunico and if i'm honest i think Hunico came out of it much better off than Sin Cara did. With the amount of mid card heels WWE has on the roster off the top of my head in Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger, Antonio Cesaro, Damien Sandow, Drew McIntyre and Hunico surely there is plenty of people for Sin Cara to properly feud with and be built up.

Again though this all goes back to what i was saying recently about if people are not involved in the top four of five feuds in WWE then they are basically just filler for Raw and SmackDown every week or wrestling on Superstars each week. Usually there is a WWE title feud, a World title feud, a John Cena feud if he isn't involved in the title scene, a Randy Orton feud if he isn't involved in the title scene and maybe one mid card feud unless Triple H or The Undertaker are around.

·
Banned
5,125 Posts
I don´t like Sin Cara. Hunico is better.
Quoted for absolute truth.

The biggest problem for Sin Cara, in my opinion, is that he's not really unique to an American audience anymore. If Sin Cara was a wrestler doing his schtick and this was 1996-1998 era, he would be over like gangbusters. As it stands, he comes off as just a sloppy and less good Rey Mysterio. Granted that was a long time ago and there's a completely different audience now, but Mysterio is still there and infinitely better, even in his broken down state. WWE as a whole has had its quality dwindle and I do think at least some of that is not being able to put Mysterio on every show to guarantee you a good match.

As Seth said, Hunico is just better. The only difference being Hunico doesn't have a mask that they can market and sell to children. Otherwise, I think he's better in every conceivable way.

If WWE are looking for a person to replace Rey Mysterio and sell masks, I'm not sure if they could really do any better as there's not too many other options. However getting a guy that speaks English, that isn't so sloppy, that doesn't openly talk about steroids on the radio, that doesn't get injured a lot, etc. would certainly be a better starting point, I would imagine.

Plus, again as stated earlier, doing things like having "mood lighting" I think hinders Sin Cara a lot more than it makes him feel unique or special.

·
FOURTEEN TIMES, THE GAME
6,805 Posts
I'd like to see the match, and I'd be interested to see the build, since one of them can't really talk. I'd also be interested to see if they turned one. I've never seen a heel Mysterio (though I think he was heel a long time ago). Not sure if that would even work now.

I'm serious when I say I hope they can both stay healthy. Sin Cara seems to be injury stricken a lot, and it wouldn't surprise me if one he doesn't make to Mania. I hope he does, though.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
It makes you wonder how far WWE want to push him. He's already a strong midcarder who's winning matches every week and hasn't lost a match since returning from injury. Despite his botches, injuries, wellness violations and the fact he can't speak English (so promos are completely out of the question) WWE still seem intent on pushing him far. They must see good money in him.

I do agree with Walk-In and others that Hunico's the superior talent. Hunico's a much better worker, isn't injury-prone, doesn't have any wellness policy violations and can speak English fluently so he can actually cut promos. While I like Hunico's current character, I wouldn't be opposed to WWE returning him to masked character. He would have more chance of getting pushed that way and would be more marketable anyway.

·
Banned
5,125 Posts
While I like Hunico's current character, I wouldn't be opposed to WWE returning him to masked character. He would have more chance of getting pushed that way and would be more marketable anyway.
I do completely disagree with this. His current character has a lot of legs, I feel, and they just need to flesh out the character more. Let him talk! Give him some development other than just coming out and getting killed. Did you see his YouTube clip of him talking about his mask collection? That showed more character for him than anything they have allowed him to do on television. Even if that wouldn't work for his current persona, as he would come off as a babyface, I think it showed how charismatic he is and that he has a love and respect for the history of the business.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
I don´t like Sin Cara. Hunico is better.
No, he's not. People only say that because he's the "alternative", the same people who actually believe Ricardo Rodriguez is better than Alberto Del Rio.

It's funny that Sin Cara is gonna get a push and people say you need "MIC SKILLS~!" to survive. Yeah, good luck on that one. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Where does Sin Cara really have to "go"? The best they could do is make him a Mysterio clone, which I'm not too keen on. Ignoring the "botch-stigma" associated with Sin Cara, he's really only a novelty act meant for quick spots and an international market. I don't seem him in his current gimmick even being worthy of a title or anywhere above where he's at now. I'm all for a decent storyline, but I'm struggling to think of something decent to get the guy in.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
It would seem to me that they'll begin to push Sin Cara so he's built up nicely, ready for a feud come march next year with Mysterio so Mysterio can finally put him over at Mania and we'll have a new top lucha hero.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts