Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Men with Ven
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every week I'm impressed with the mans feats of strength, and moves like the swing are starting to get seriously over with the crowd - It looked like he was on the babyface team at the end of the tag match last night. If the fans are cheering for his moves, he might have to be a face too. He should do the swing on Swagger and break apart from the real Americans. I would say a potential World Title feud, but now Cena's in the mix, i'll leave it at that.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
They are pushing Cesaro. All these spots have been designed to highlight his strength and ability. He's the highlight of the undercard at present.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Tbh Ive always felt that being a part of the Real Americans has made him more over than he was likely to be if he were kept alone. The WWE should done more to make them a more credible tag team that can push on to win titles.

·
Men with Ven
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd like to see him with some impressive mic work before I say push him.
Thats fair enough, I've not seen to much of his mic work at all..

They are pushing Cesaro. All these spots have been designed to highlight his strength and ability. He's the highlight of the undercard at present.
..I agree, start of a slow build, as long as its not a rapid overpush, he should get the time to get to the top of the card and build his all round skills while moving up steadily.

·
Nihilistic Mystics
6,005 Posts
I believe they are. Finally, he has a niche. He has found something that connects with the audience and that appears to be one of the only things Vince cares about. They can make money on his swing. Merchandise, etc.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I feel like he's a guy that should have got the Brock Lesnar treatment. Put straight with Heyman and pushed to the moon. I almost feel like WWE made the wrong choice with the 2 Heyman guys in Axel and Ryback. Imo, Cesaro should have been one of them.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
He's too good to be in a tag team with Swagger, he will win MITB next year imo and fully deserved as well the guy is wonderful great look and moveset

·
False Prophets
12,630 Posts
He should have been Heyman's guy tbh. The Punk/Heyman feud would have been so much better especially the matches.

·
Men with Ven
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He's too good to be in a tag team with Swagger, he will win MITB next year imo and fully deserved as well the guy is wonderful great look and moveset
I don't want him to get MITB, it only ends up with someone Jobbing their way to a title reign that simply isn't credible because they've lost the majority of matches in the past year.

I agree with people saying he should have been the Heyman guy, I actually thought it would be before Axel was introduced.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
They need to turn Antonio Cesaro face and do it NOW! They blew the chance of making him a Heyman guy. So I say turn him face, feud him with Swagger. At Survivor Series let him get a huge rub by teaming with Daniel Bryan, CM Punk and some other top babyface like Dolph Ziggler.

·
Registered
12,399 Posts
I think he will turn face heading into Survivor Series, and we'll end up with him on the face team and Swagger on the other side.

·
Da Warthog!
3,275 Posts
I have no problem with him getting the MitB briefcase, as long as he immediatly cashs it in at the same night, "kills" the current champ and starts a massive title run, winning every single match with a good mixture of crazy strength and good oldschool cheating. :D:

·
Registered
656 Posts
The only problem i see with his swing right now that there is not much people left that he could swing and i would be impressed lol

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Push as a face midcard ? YES !
Push him as a Main-Eventer ? NO ! I'm sick of those indies darling getting pushed when they are in the company since only one year. I want a main-event push for The Miz, Drew McIntyre, Ryback, Wade Barrett,... Guys that actually have charisma and looks like a superstar

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
I feel like he's a guy that should have got the Brock Lesnar treatment. Put straight with Heyman and pushed to the moon. I almost feel like WWE made the wrong choice with the 2 Heyman guys in Axel and Ryback. Imo, Cesaro should have been one of them.
This, it's saddening to think there've gone wwith Ryback over Cesaro, don't see no future with Ryback.

·
Premium Member
8,294 Posts
Cesaro will get there eventually, because he's got almost every tool the WWE could ever desire from a wrestler. He's got a great size, an intimidating look, experience, knowledge, talent, and a charisma that has been largely untapped since arriving in the WWE. He's already a top 5 worker, and when you look at the company he keeps and the amount of time he's been with the 'E, that's damn impressive. It might be the quickest anyone has adjusted to the WWE style since Brock. And he's only just starting to show a little more personality now with the swing, and the added confidence he's presented in recent weeks.

He's not the most charismatic guy - but he is charismatic - or the best talker - but he does posses the ability to cut a perfectly acceptable promo. That's all that's really required from someone that looks and wrestles the way that Cesaro does. Not to mention, there's always the option to keep him with Zeb; which negates any and all discussion about his mic ability.

Cesaro's size/look are two qualities that will serve him very well, not because it's what Vince likes (although he obviously does), but because the roster is so much more diverse in stature now. With guys like Bryan and Punk on top, having a look like Cesaro's suddenly becomes a lot more unique than it perhaps was 20-30 years ago. Not to mention, he's actually capable of physical feats unlike some of the bloated meatheads on the roster.

Add his experience/reliability, there's just no way Cesaro doesn't make it. That's why I haven't really worried about how he's been treated this far into his run (no feuds, no direction, all that jazz). It almost seems impossible that he won't eventually rise to the top.

I like what the WWE are doing with him at the moment. He's clearly being shown as the feature act of the Real Americans, and even though it's still just another feat of strength (the only thing WWE can think of for Cesaro), it's good that he's being featured again. Until he's allowed to build momentum, with feuds, promos, direction, and character advancement, this isn't a terrible way to get people watching.

Being stuck with Swagger isn't doing any harm either. I quite like the chemistry that they've got, and it keeps both men somewhat relevant and on weekly television. It also makes Cesaro look like the Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rolla in comparison. Honestly, look at the two when Zeb is cutting a promo. Swagger stares into space thinking about what munchies he's going to pick up on the drive home, while Cesaro is using that time to express all of these little details - responding to Zeb's comments, etc.)

Lets all just thank god that the fucking yodeling gimmick was dropped.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts