Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 10 year plus wrestling fan that's burnt out on Western wrestling in general. I'm tired of gimmicks, stupid fueds and cartoon wrestling from the WWE, and I'm tired of no-selling spotfests from the indies. I want to watch wrestling that's delivered with a straight face, that feels like I'm watching a sport, not a variety hour or an episode of Dragon Ball Z. UFC is too boring for me too, if you wanted to be clever.

So in short, here are my questions:
What Japanese promotion delivers it's product with no stupid/camp gimmicks.
Delivers it with a straight face, like a real sport.
Where can I find downloads or DVD's.
And where can I find good event previews and reviews, so I can follow the story more closely.

·
Banned
7,463 Posts
don't watch japanese wrestling if you don't like no selling spotfests and stupid feuds

·
Custom User Title
15,241 Posts
Yeah Feech La Manna practically hit it on the head because of guys like Naomichi Marufuji and the like. You're better off watching IWRG or something.

DIANMOND DALLAS TRASH I got the impression you were mocking me.

·
Banned
7,463 Posts
Yeah Feech La Manna practically hit it on the head because of guys like Naomichi Marufuji and the like. You're better off watching IWRG or something.

DIANMOND DALLAS TRASH I got the impression you were mocking me.
trust me on this one I'll detach you

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I'm a 10 year plus wrestling fan that's burnt out on Western wrestling in general. I'm tired of gimmicks, stupid fueds and cartoon wrestling from the WWE, and I'm tired of no-selling spotfests from the indies. I want to watch wrestling that's delivered with a straight face, that feels like I'm watching a sport, not a variety hour or an episode of Dragon Ball Z. UFC is too boring for me too, if you wanted to be clever.

So in short, here are my questions:
What Japanese promotion delivers it's product with no stupid/camp gimmicks.
Delivers it with a straight face, like a real sport.
Where can I find downloads or DVD's.
And where can I find good event previews and reviews, so I can follow the story more closely.
I completely understand about being burned out, I've been a fan for about 20 years and the WWE and TNA have really been a drag for me and because of this I'm still really into the Indies and also follow Mexican wrestling like AAA as well as Puro, unfortunately its hard to find a Fed that doesn't have spotfests and no selling as well as crappy angles.

you should give AAA a shot and the close Fed I can think of, that fits your criteria is the now defunct FMW and its almost been 10 years, maybe look for tournaments and best of DVDs to fill your wrestling needs. Good Luck and if you find anything good please share the knowledge, Thanks

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts
I guess what you are looking for is Pro Wrestling NOAH.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Just watch old AJPW and NOAH stuff.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.