Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone on WWE TV, says "sports entertainment", when referring to professional wrestling. CM Punk is the only guy on TV who says "professional wrestling" instead of what Vince tells him to. Do you think Vince lets only Punk say this? Do you think Punk is told not to do it but he doesn't give a fuck and goes against orders? I, for one, really hate the term "sports entertainment", like REALLY hate. This is professional wrestling, always has been.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I noticed that, he also gets away with calling the guys wrestlers a lot rather than sports entertainers or superstars, although he does use them occasionally. I honestly think Vince just gave up trying to stop him from saying it after 2011 and just went along with it.

·
Aggressively White
6,238 Posts
Punk has a certain level of power that others don't have, if Orton, Cena, HHH, Del Rio said it WWE wouldn't care but for the rest, they'd find themselves further down the card until they changed their ways.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Professional Wrestling is Sports Entertainment. They are one in the same. Trying to create distinction between them is splitting pitiful semantic hairs.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Professional Wrestling is Sports Entertainment. They are one in the same. Trying to create distinction between them is splitting pitiful semantic hairs.
But it gets the smarks foaming at the mouth, so why not go for the cheap pop?

OP, I'm sorry, but the observation is really insignificant. They've had guys like Punk and Bryan put emphasis on saying "professional wrestlers/ing" for a while now because they know it makes people go z0mg!!1!!indyz~ for whatever reason.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
IMHO guys like Punk, Bryan, Dolph, Cesaro, Sandow, Rollins, El Generico, etc are professional wrestlers. That is why I enjoy them so much. Sure they want to entertain the crowd but they are trying to steal the show every damn night. I dig that.

Reactions: HouseofPunk

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,744 Posts
He's the only one that wrestles.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But it gets the smarks foaming at the mouth, so why not go for the cheap pop?

OP, I'm sorry, but the observation is really insignificant. They've had guys like Punk and Bryan put emphasis on saying "professional wrestlers/ing" for a while now because they know it makes people go z0mg!!1!!indyz~ for whatever reason.
Yeah, I'm just saying it's funny how Vince lets him do it. Everyone else says "sports entertainment".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts