Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking that Punk has been pushed to the moon as a face for Cena's inevitable heel turn. Cena can't turn heel when there are no credible faces to face. Building Punk up like crazy will set up for him to be the #1 face of the company for a few years while Cena's a heel.

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts
Well that would be stupid.
Since Punk is a great Heel, and Cena is a great Face.

They would have it the wrong way around.

If anything I would want a Punk heel turn, again.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
They need to mesh all the top faces together again like in 2010. That would do wonders for Punk's reign, but one of them has to be a heel, and it should be Cena or Orton.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Both Cena and Punk need to be top faces. If Cena turns heel, it'll just be status quo, except that Punk is now in Cena's spot. Punk will be the only face that Creative will write for.

Cena & Punk appeal to different demographics, that's why I feel having them both on top works.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Well when you put it that way, Orton is a horrible face and a great heel and Christian has been a great face and bad heel in his latest stint with the company. I liked his heel work in TNA and back in the day with WWE. But yea, Christian and Orton's roles should be reversed more than Punk's and Cena's if it were to play out like that.

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
I just don't see Punk being the face of the company at any point. Due to his friendship with HHH, I see Sheamus as being that guy.

I do feel that it's time for Punk to turn heel but only if WWE loads up their babyface side of the roster. Hell, I think Fryan and Punk on the same team would be decent, give them the tag titles and maybe by then, some guys from FCW get called up and the ROHbots will be happy their guys are getting TV time while we leave the main event to guys who can consistently entertain.

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts
Well when you put it that way, Orton is a horrible face and a great heel and Christian has been a great face and bad heel in his latest stint with the company. I liked his heel work in TNA and back in the day with WWE. But yea, Christian and Orton's roles should be reversed more than Punk's and Cena's if it were to play out like that.
I agree.
Orton is an amazing heel.
Much better than he is face, but lets 'face' it... RKO'ing the WHC Sheamus (Face) is hardly a good guy thing to do is it?

I like the role Orton is in right now.

In an ideal situation you would have...

Faces : Cena, Christian, Sheamus
Heels : Punk, Orton, Triple H

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just don't see Punk being the face of the company at any point. Due to his friendship with HHH, I see Sheamus as being that guy.

I do feel that it's time for Punk to turn heel but only if WWE loads up their babyface side of the roster. Hell, I think Fryan and Punk on the same team would be decent, give them the tag titles and maybe by then, some guys from FCW get called up and the ROHbots will be happy their guys are getting TV time while we leave the main event to guys who can consistently entertain.
No matter what his relationship with Triple H is, they aren't going to let a guy who can't speak proper English be the face of the organization. Can he be the 4th guy? Yeah, that's perfect for him.

·
pretending to be nice
1,492 Posts
No matter what his relationship with Triple H is, they aren't going to let a guy who can't speak proper English be the face of the organization. Can he be the 4th guy? Yeah, that's perfect for him.
WTF? Sheamus speaks perfect English. English isn't my first language but I can understand him 100% despite the accent.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Not this thread again :/

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
Lesnar can't even speak proper English and he is American but he was groomed to be the next big star.

As of the current roster, I see Sheamus as being 3rd behind Cena and Orton, with Punk in the 4th spot. I just see Punk and Fryan in the Benoit/Jericho/Guerrero spot, in that they are decent wrestlers but overall, with Triple H destined to control the empire, I don't see him pushing neither as the top guy.

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
How in the hell is Punk being pushed to the moon? If they ran with his Summer 2011 storyline, I'd agree with you that they're pushing him to the moon.

·
Banned
1,057 Posts

Great Face ?
Ok.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
I'm thinking that Punk has been pushed to the moon as a face for Cena's inevitable heel turn. Cena can't turn heel when there are no credible faces to face. Building Punk up like crazy will set up for him to be the #1 face of the company for a few years while Cena's a heel.
Have you not been watching WWE programming? What on earth leads you to believe Cena's heel turn is "inevitable", when it is far from that?

And this has been said several times: CM Punk is not John Cena's successor because CM Punk is the same age as John Cena.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
I've jumped off that Cena heel turn ship. I would still love for it to happen but I'm done predicting when it's gonna happen. The perfect time was at Wrestlemania 28 after he should have beat the Rock but they didn't do that so whatever.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
If he didn't turn against the Rock, it won't happen. CM Punk is nowhere NEAR as hot as he was from last year.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts