Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 525 Posts

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,420 Posts
Re: Breaking: Punk having emergency knee surgery

That really really sucks. Fingers crossed it's just a knee scope, but the article mentioning James Andrews has me worried. I know he was working with a bum knee for awhile, and him coming out of that Kane match last week limping looked bad. Fingers also crossed on the tiny shred of possibility that it's a work.

Figures that this happens on the day he matches Cena for longest Title reign of the last 25 years. Can't somebody have SOMETHING over The Golden Boy and be healthy enough to brag about it?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

Vince Probably had a Minor Heart Attack when he heard about it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free
More like his boner for Ryback grew three times bigger

Reactions: GuruOfMarkness

·
Banned
13,572 Posts

Looks like it's time to bring back Lesnar. Brock vs Rock 2 doesn't sound like a bad replacement.
if punk misses mania have cena rock 2 at the rumble

wm 29
Brock vs Rock
Cena vs Taker

wwe cant have hhh vs brock and rock vs cena without punk there facing taker or austin

·
Banned
5,125 Posts

We don't even know how serious it is, it could just be a minor injury he can work through, not wrestle until the Royal Rumble...
If it is just a minor thing, why fly all the way to go see Dr. James Andrews?

·
Nihilistic Mystics
6,005 Posts

We don't even know how serious it is, it could just be a minor injury he can work through, not wrestle until the Royal Rumble...
If he has a torn meniscus, then you're right. That would be about a 6-8 week injury and he could do the match with Rock.

If there is any sort of ligament tear then forget it. He's gone 6-8 months perhaps longer.

·
Confortably Numb
6,436 Posts

I just hope he can endure it til the Rumble... Would still be bad because Rock/Punk wouldn't be as good as it would be.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

It doesn't sound too serious. For all we know he already needed it and they are just working it into the story. I can't imagine his knee got injured being put through a table where he knee wasn't even close to it

·
Registered
5,395 Posts

Strip the title!! Strip the title!! Strip the title!! Strip the title!! Strip the title!!

I can't take it anymore!

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts

The Punk haters are rejoicing right now.

But in all seriousness, this sucks really bad. Especially for WWE, Punk is probably a massive part of their WM plans and if indeed it is a really serious injury then he is going to miss the RR and Mania. Which means no Rock vs Punk at RR and no potential Punk vs Taker or whatever match they had planned for him at Mania. Sucks so bad :(.

·
"He's just like someone from a David Lynch film."
4,771 Posts

Brock's phone is ringing 24/7 I betcha.

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts

It doesn't sound too serious. For all we know he already needed it and they are just working it into the story. I can't imagine his knee got injured being put through a table where he knee wasn't even close to.
he has been injured for awhile. Last week against Kane his re-aggravated it the injury and on Friday against Ryback in house show he re-injured it again. Thats why they had Punk team up with Primo & Epico on Sunday's house show against Ryback/Hell No

·
Registered
6,430 Posts

Shit shit shit shit shit
either he does NOT defend the title at TLC or he has to drop it because he wont be able to compete come rumble time

·
Men with Ven
4,273 Posts

Hopefully its a temp injury, you could have the shield destroy Ryback so he kayfabe can't compete at TLC, if possible don't have a WWE title match, it gives the WHC much needed focus. Seeing as Ryback might well win the Rumble, it could be a great place for him to return and win it.

·
Registered
567 Posts

Hope he gets better but thank god hes gonna lose the title.

hes been terrible since hhh buried him at NOC.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,374 Posts
Tbf we don't know if it is serious or not but I doubt highly it is not serious especially considering the doctor he is going to :(

·
Registered
8,560 Posts

if punk misses mania have cena rock 2 at the rumble

wm 29
Brock vs Rock
Cena vs Taker

wwe cant have hhh vs brock and rock vs cena without punk there facing taker or austin
You can do Brock/Undertaker. Does anyone really want to see Brock/Triple H again? Fans were chanting you tapped out to Hunter. That says it all right there. The other option would be Brock/Sheamus and just let Taker have the year off (Sheamus has to step in to help his 'good buddy' Triple H).

Cena/Rock2 is going to happen at WM, by hook or by crook. Its just a matter of who's going to be the guy to drop it to Rock at the Rumble if CM Punk is done.

101 - 120 of 525 Posts