Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/408666033709277184

For those wondering (nobody), yes, it's extremely painful and difficult (humbling as well) to dead lift with busted ribs. #whocares?
Jesus, this guy is more fragile than a piece of glass at this point. If WWE don't have the Shield put him out at TLC so he can take a break before the RTW starts he might not make Mania 30.

Reactions: BOOTS 2 ASSES

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
so he can take a break before the RTW starts he might not make Mania 30.
What break? After TLC we're on the road to the Royal Rumble. There's no way he can take a break now, unless they pull the fake injury storyline and bring him back in a few weeks to win the Rumble.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I do think Punk could do with an extended break, but not until after WM. The Heyman thing was well past it's sell by date by the time it was finished, wasted some recovery time there for sure (not to mention wrestling Ryback...).

·
Banned
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
What break? After TLC we're on the road to the Royal Rumble. There's no way he can take a break now, unless they pull the fake injury storyline and bring him back in a few weeks to win the Rumble.
Not quite. RTW starts the night after RR. Or at least that's what I always thought. And if he's facing HHH then there is no reason for him to win the RR. Maybe HHH orders the Shield to take him out after the match at TLC. That could work.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I hope he holds out until Mania. I'm sure WWE is too considering he's the only babyface outside of John Cena who they consider to be a legit main event star (hell, he's the only other guy they consider to be a star period, which is scary.)

·
The Man
25,726 Posts
Almost thought this was a troll thread since i saw it was made by someone who seems to hate.

Maybe he should start asking Vince for a lighter schedule because he already had some time off earlier this year and that's more than other full timers get. Still amazes me that even with all these nagging injuries he is easily top 3 when it comes to great to quality matches in the WWE.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Almost thought this was a troll thread since i saw it was made by someone who seems to hate.

Maybe he should start asking Vince for a lighter schedule because he already had some time off earlier this year and that's more than other full timers get. Still amazes me that even with all these nagging injuries he is easily top 3 when it comes to great to quality matches in the WWE.
Implying most of Punk's 2013 matches were anywhere near "quality"

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
We should all start putting in some cash together so we can buy Punk a set of bar bells so he can get in shape and start avoiding this type of stuff.

·
Ho!
19,161 Posts
Yeah, he should leave after TLC and return for the Rumble, and then do a full schedule going into Mania and then afterwards he takes a long hiatus and begins doing a part-time schedule from there on (not Taker/Rock/HHH/Brock type part-time, more Jericho/RVD part-time). Now of course, that means he can't win the title and main event Mania, which I would've loved to see, but I'd rather he be healthy and be at as close to 100% as possible than take the title at Mania as hurt as he is, and then have to wrestle weekly at least to carry the title for a decent reign.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
everyone knows Punk is highly regarded in that company only because he took the company hostage in contract negotiations. He was red hot in 2011, so they couldn't let him go, they had to resign him as a great business move. He got huge amounts of money and even a tour bus. They're paying him over a million bucks for a downside guarantee. That's guaranteed money. Of course they're going to put him in high profile feuds. If he didn't hold them hostage and become hot after that pipe bomb in 2011, they would kick him to the curb, because they already hate small guys. They would have given him DB's booking. At least in 2011, Punk was able to talk back to HHH and get the last word, more than what DB ever got.

·
Banned
13,408 Posts
I remember years ago he said he heals all his injuries by just resting/sleeping (doesn't even take OTC medication).

I wonder if he does that till this day

·
Registered
14,001 Posts
We should all start putting in some cash together so we can buy Punk a set of bar bells so he can get in shape and start avoiding this type of stuff.
since when has working out heavy stopped people getting injured in wrestling..cena, batista, hhh etc have spent loads of time on sidelines

punk has needed surgery since last year when he injured his knee prior to tlc. he put that surgery off and decided to rest instead which has caused a domino effect on his whole body alot like austin in 1999

·
From parts unknown
23,273 Posts
I doubt that Punk will be taking any time off right now. WWE has been harping about their network as well as new TV deals. They're focusing a lot more on Raw and Smackdown in order to score big bucks. Punk is their top 3 draw. Till the deals are signed, he's probably not going anywhere and won't even be seeing a decline in his work-rate. At most I see them giving him a week immediately post TLC but not more than that.

·
Stealing the Show
7,428 Posts
"more fragile than a piece of glass"....have you wrestled 250+ days, traveled across the world, and put on entertaining matches for millions of people during the course of the calendar year? That shit takes it's toll on even the most super-human of people. Forgive the guy for being a little banged up. He's getting banged up for your entertainment, always keep that in mind.

·
Banned
13,408 Posts
"more fragile than a piece of glass"....have you wrestled 250+ days, traveled across the world, and put on entertaining matches for millions of people during the course of the calendar year? That shit takes it's toll on even the most super-human of people. Forgive the guy for being a little banged up. He's getting banged up for your entertainment, always keep that in mind.
Durr, we know that. But he seems to be known for getting banged up more often than other stars... I guess.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
From parts unknown
23,273 Posts
Durr, we know that. But he seems to be known for getting banged up more often than other stars... I guess.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
It's not "more often" when he never fully healed before returning. .. or at least that's what we've been led to believe. Since returning, I've noticed that he's consistently favoured his left leg and limps on occasion as well.

He should've stayed away longer after Mania. I think initial reports were that he needed 4 odd months at least, but I think he was back in 2 or less and was immediately booked for the ladders match followed by a really physically gruelling feud with Lesnar and even Ryback.

If anything that I could fault him for is that he's not taking care of the injuries as well as he should and being pretty dumb about them.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts