Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who can fight Punk now for the belt? Dolph? No, Lord Tensai? The fact that were bringing Lord Tensai into a top contenders proves how sad the roster is. KANE? GOD HELP US ALL.

Who do you think is next in line?

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Wouldn't mind seeing some more of Ziggler vs Punk but maybe the draft Bryan to Raw?

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Tensai or maybe Lesnar, I could see Bryan or Christian being moved over from SD to.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not going to be Lesnar. Lesnar has 35 appearances and he's already burned through 4. NO way he works OTL.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
It's gonna be Tensai, I think. It works perfectly in terms of how much of a filler show Over The Limit is. Filler show, filler opponent. It could be Brock, but after him losing, I don't know. I know he DOMINATED the match but he still lost, and the way he treated Laurinaitis during the contract signing makes me think maybe Laurinaitis is gonna say no, I'm not doing any favors for a guy who tried to twist my arm into making so many ridiculous demands and then choked in his match against John Cena. I don't know, I could see something like that happening, and you maybe build Lesnar for a title match at say, MITB, SummerSlam, later on.

If it's gonna be Tensai, though, I am surprised that they didn't have him on the show last night. They had Brodus, they had Ryback, I was expecting Tensai and I was a little surprised when that didn't happen, so who knows. I do think it'll be him, though, until they present me with an alternative scenario.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Wait a minut I totally forgot about Christian. That would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
What a boring feud Punk v Tensai would be. Tensai as a whole is just boring and I don't think they could give Punk enough to work with to make the feud the least bit interesting.

At least Yoko had Cornette to be the mouthpiece and stir up shit.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Hopefully PUNK vs. Chris will continue for the next month or so while WWE builds up someone to the main event or moves someone over from Smackdown. Maybe have whoever it'll be team up with Chris and then have a 3 Way with PUNK "injuring" Chris thus removing him from the feud. PUNK can then feud with the other person.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
It's gonna be Tensai, I think. It works perfectly in terms of how much of a filler show Over The Limit is. Filler show, filler opponent. It could be Brock, but after him losing, I don't know. I know he DOMINATED the match but he still lost, and the way he treated Laurinaitis during the contract signing makes me think maybe Laurinaitis is gonna say no, I'm not doing any favors for a guy who tried to twist my arm into making so many ridiculous demands and then choked in his match against John Cena. I don't know, I could see something like that happening, and you maybe build Lesnar for a title match at say, MITB, SummerSlam, later on.

If it's gonna be Tensai, though, I am surprised that they didn't have him on the show last night. They had Brodus, they had Ryback, I was expecting Tensai and I was a little surprised when that didn't happen, so who knows. I do think it'll be him, though, until they present me with an alternative scenario.
I concur with this line of reasoning completely. It's pretty clear to me that Punk is probably going to remain WWE Champion until midsummer at the least. They've been building Lord Tensai up just enough so that he wouldn't look completely ridiculous/rushed going up against the WWE Champion come Over the Limit time. Unless Vince is so unbelievably insane as to have Tensai actually become WWE Champion, but I don't think he is, certainly hope he isn't. I think Punk is safe until at least No Way Out, probably Money in the Bank and perhaps even Summerslam.

Having Jericho lose so decisively in Chicago should close that feud out in my mind. Maybe I'm just hoping it's Lord Tensai so I don't feel like I need to order Over the Limit, which is indeed WWE's big fluffy filler PPV of the year.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Maybe they are going to continue this Jericho-Punk feud yet another PPV.

Besides Lets face it, Jericho has no opponent for him either. He is working next PPV that I am sure of.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
It really doesn't matter. After tonight, Punk will keep the belt for awhile until (if it does) the draft comes, and finds another contender. The better question is, after tonight, who is even a threat to actually take the belt?

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Yeah, Christian would be some good shit right about now. That, or a solid feud with DB, OR feed him to Lesnar. :(

·
Ex nihilo
9,319 Posts
This is probably where WWE goes into autopilot with meaningless filler feuds until the big summer angles around July so yeah, guessing Lord Tensai

1 - 20 of 89 Posts