Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is in your opinion Punk's best wwe wrestling match?
And by best i mean alone from the wrestling aspect so don't say the mitb 2011 was his best.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Punk/Cena is still Punk's best WWE match but Punk/Hardy - Steel Cage, Punk/Mysterio - Extreme Rules, Punk/Mysterio - Capitol Punishment, Punk/Morrison - SD July '09 and Punk/Hardy - TLC come close. As for outside of WWE, Punk/Joe II, imo. I love Punk/Aries but the ending pisses me off a little.

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,880 Posts
Punk/Cena is still Punk's best WWE match but Punk/Hardy - Steel Cage, Punk/Mysterio - Extreme Rules, Punk/Mysterio - Capitol Punishment, Punk/Morrison - SD July '09 and Punk/Hardy - TLC come close. As for outside of WWE, Punk/Joe II, imo. I love Punk/Aries but the ending pisses me off a little.
Aww, that's disappointing. I loved the ending! lol.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I never watched his MITB Cena match this year, only the entrances and ending on youtube so I could see the crazy atmosphere that match had.

I think Extreme Rules was over-rated. Good match but no way near Punk's best IMHO.

I personally liked vs. Morrison at Summerslam 07, vs. Regal on RAW in KOTR final and I admit I have a little soft spot for his WrestleMania match with Orton this year.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Aww, that's disappointing. I loved the ending! lol.
I loved the promo after but Punk no selling the finishers at the end just didn't sit well with me. Really good match otherwise though.

Punk/Daniels is pretty good too.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
His match with John Cena at MITB was his best match. It was a defining moment in Punk's career and it will be remembered for years to come.

And his best match with Rey Mysterio was at Unforgiven 2008. It was the finals of the Intercontinental Championship tournament, Before the SES. Punk actually broke Rey's nose with the GTS in this match.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
his best matches have been with cena and his best probably with cena at money in the bank. Cena really got the best out of punk. Cena has the experience, knowledge and attributes to bring out a great match in just about anyone. Punk is limited in his ability somewhat and doesn't really have that ability to have a great match with the bigger guys. However cena is different from all of the bigger guys and really pushed punk to his limits.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts