Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Best in the World
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the Raw match I noticed Punk seemed to have injured his back, do you think it was a kayfabe injury or a legitimate injury? If you listen he actually shouts "damn it" very loudly.

·
Banned
73 Posts
Kayfabe. Setting up for the Liontamer. Very well done by punk.

Its things like this that clearly show punk is far superior to chris jericho, both in the ring and on the mic.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Kayfabe. Punk's good at selling a persistent problem. Like his matches with Bryan where his selling of the arm damage was consistent.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
For a second, with the "damn it," i was thinking the same myself, but its all kayfabe. He's just that damn good at selling injuries that it makes you wonder, as buddy said in the match with D. Bry and Punk hurting his wrist.

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
Quite obviously kayfabe. I didn't hear him shout 'damn it' but he was selling an injury like most wrestlers do.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Quite obviously kayfabe. I didn't hear him shout 'damn it' but he was selling an injury like most wrestlers do.
You said most because of Cena...didnt you? lol

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Most definitely Kayfabe. Punk is an awesome seller, he even had me worried for a sec.

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,350 Posts
Was he really selling the Liontamer from last week or something that happened earlier in the match? Either way he had me questioning if it was real or not. Gotta love his ring psychology.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Has it really come to a point where we're surprised when a wrestler does his job and sells an injury/ailing body part? I thought it was to be expected.

·
Best in the World
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kayfabe. During his last match with DB he did the same with his arm.
This is exactly what made me wonder, usually almost every kayfabe injury he has is his arm and he does the shake it around a little thing. But he really sold that back injury very well!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Has it really come to a point where we're surprised when a wrestler does his job and sells an injury/ailing body part? I thought it was to be expected.
This. Jesus, it should be the standard to sell an injury. It's actually gotten to the point where an injury is only sold if it's real. In ring psychology sucks balls these days.

·
Registered
282 Posts
kayfabe looks like they might set up a bret austin mania finish for there match but wit punk still going over

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
kayfabe

·
Best in the World
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This. Jesus, it should be the standard to sell an injury. It's actually gotten to the point where an injury is only sold if it's real. In ring psychology sucks balls these days.
I completely disagree. The fact that it is so hard to distinguish real injury between kayfabe only says one thing about a wrestler, and that is that they are good at selling. CM Punk is probably the only person I have ever watched and never known if he was kayfabe or legit injured.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts