Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cena/Miz instead of Cena/Punk?

Because if they go with Cena/Miz then Punk was completely screwed as he deserved it more than The Miz does and it doesn't make since. Punk is more credible, a bigger draw, better performer, better heel, all around better wrestler than Miz. I just don't understand it!

The match itself would have been Main Event worthy, as we saw a little taste of it on Raw a couple of weeks back! But that's what a lot of posters here seem to want :confused:

Anyway, hopefully there's still a chance for them to turn it around and have Punk face Cena for the championship, but it's highly unlikely.

Punk is the man they should try to build up as the big baddie in the WWE because he is the only one that has the talent for it. It's a shame that they're going to waste such an opprotunity on The Miz, who imo, is nothing special while Punk undoubtedly is. No offense to anyone who is a fan.

Hopefully, The Miz can win me over come WM27

·
Registered
694 Posts
Orton/Punk should make for a better feud than Cena/Punk imo. You got Orton the quiet psychopath and Punk the loudmouth cult leader. Two characters who got devilish sides to them. I'd rather see that anyday than Cena getting beat down by Nexus then coming back on Raw the following week still happy, smiling and filled with joy calling CM Punk CM Sucks every chance he gets.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
^ i hated that cena gets mugged by nexus and he is hoping down the ramp slapping hands with fans having a big smile on his face talking about the rumble like nothing even happened

·
The Man
25,726 Posts
Orton and Punk should be better. Randy Orton still gets bigger reactions then Cena here and there. And if anyone hates pg they're fued should be more mature. What i do fear is we saw what SuperCena does to Nexus i wonder what BizarrOrton will do to Nexus he already took one of them out. If he destroys Nexus id hate that more then when Cena did it. oh and if u hate Cena that fued should be good cuz all i see is Miz making fun of Cena's stupid humor and gimmick

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
^ i hated that cena gets mugged by nexus and he is hoping down the ramp slapping hands with fans having a big smile on his face talking about the rumble like nothing even happened
Cena follows the, "Why so serious?" philosophy.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Cena follows the, "Why so serious?" philosophy.
Actually, most WWE superstars do these days. On 1 RAW, Orton was beaten to the inch of his life by The Miz, then on SD, Orton had a tag match and was cheering all happily at the end.

Beatdowns mean nothing.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Actually, most WWE superstars do these days. On 1 RAW, Orton was beaten to the inch of his life by The Miz, then on SD, Orton had a tag match and was cheering all happily at the end.

Beatdowns mean nothing.
Yeah but Cena overdoes it. You don't have to be all jolly jolly all the time especially when you got beat down the week before.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Bah. CM Punk can make anything work. If they want him to carry Orton, it should work. And with him facing Orton, he won't get cheered as much as he would against Cena at Mania. Not that bad.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Bah. CM Punk can make anything work. If they want him to carry Orton, it should work. And with him facing Orton, he won't get cheered as much as he would against Cena at Mania. Not that bad.
That's another reason I think they switched up the feud because they're afraid that Cena will get booed out the building at Wrestlemania if he faces CM Punk. It'd be funny if he got booed anyway when he faces The Miz lol.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
And why is that worth holding back the best talent in the company? WWE can't just pull out of a match every time they're scared of Cena getting booed. Punk doesn't deserve to get stuck with a loser like Orton, especially since the WWE Championship won't be on the line. I'm happy for Miz headlining WM and if there's anybody other than Punk that should headline, it's him (besides Barrett but he's on SmackDown), but he shouldn't have gotten first priority.

I guess I can't be surprised that as soon as Punk starts to get pushed again, they pull the rug out from under him. They must really get off on screwing their best talent.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I thought Punk would win the WWE title at EC and Cena would win a #1 contenders match to face em at WM.
Of course that's not happening and we're now getting Orton vs. Punk, i would be ok with it if Punk was'nt dragging around the "New" Nexus.

How put on a high profile fued that would only last a month ?

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
I'm disappointed we won't be getting a huge blow off match between Cena vs Punk @ WM, but there's still the chance we'll get Punk vs Orton vs Cena vs Miz or Cena vs Punk vs Miz.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I thought Punk would win the WWE title at EC and Cena would win a #1 contenders match to face em at WM.
Of course that's not happening and we're now getting Orton vs. Punk, i would be ok with it if Punk was'nt dragging around the "New" Nexus.

How put on a high profile fued that would only last a month ?
honestly don't think a Punk v. Cena feud wold have needed the title.

In all honesty, if Orton didn't have the new Nexus with him, he would be getting RKO'd at every turn. Just think of how many times Riley ate one to save the Miz, that's what Nexus is for Punk, they take the beating so he doesn't have to.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Orton/Punk should make for a better feud than Cena/Punk imo. You got Orton the quiet psychopath and Punk the loudmouth cult leader. Two characters who got devilish sides to them. I'd rather see that anyday than Cena getting beat down by Nexus then coming back on Raw the following week still happy, smiling and filled with joy calling CM Punk CM Sucks every chance he gets.
summed it up right there

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Does anyone else get the strange feeling that Triple H will come back and align himself with Orton against the Nexus...?

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Cena/Miz has years of background to it. Cena/Punk has only a couple weeks. If the company wants to push Miz that far, it's the most perfect situation imaginable.

Besides, they can do Cena/Punk at some point down the road. Maybe SummerSlam. I'd rather they do that angle after Punk has ditched his minions so the focus can just be on those two. It'll be better that way.

·
Registered
887 Posts
That's another reason I think they switched up the feud because they're afraid that Cena will get booed out the building at Wrestlemania if he faces CM Punk. It'd be funny if he got booed anyway when he faces The Miz lol.
I was thinking when I watched Raw the other night, Miz got a LOT of cheers! I think there will be a lot more Miz fans by the time WM comes round too, should make it interesting!

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
what has punk done to deserve a big match at mania? :confused: I agree Miz does not deserve to be wrestling in main event at mania but Punk also does not deserve it. Over the last year or so Punk has done NOTHING!

·
Better Than You
14,206 Posts
what has punk done to deserve a big match at mania? :confused: I agree Miz does not deserve to be wrestling in main event at mania but Punk also does not deserve it. Over the last year or so Punk has done NOTHING!
Maybe that was because he was injured, but other then that I'm pretty sure he had an entertaining fued with Mysterio, as well as start the Straight Edge Society. Punk has proved himself countless of times in the past that he is one of many good superstars on the roster. If Punk didn't deserve it, he wouldn't be in the position he is in today.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts