Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CM Punk (and MJF to his credit) just gave the best promo in all of wrestling since the pipe bomb in 2011. This is already the hottest feud in wrestling and needs to be the centerpiece of the company. Suddenly, the AEW title doesn't mean shit. CM Punk proved last night that he is the whole mother fucking show. I haven't been this stoked for a feud in years!!!

·
Registered
10,303 Posts
Yesterday he was precisely 2 feet buried as we agreed and today he should be the world champion because world title now means nothing unless Punk has it.

To answer seriously, No. I'm a big believer of "Dont put all your eggs in one basket".

Bryan vs Hangman is pretty damn good and it needs the title. I will rather have two important feuds than one.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,944 Posts
Disagree. The World Championship should Main Event and be the centerpiece. I'd only make the exception if the feud was Rock/Hogan level, but it's not even that so it's better for the AEW World Championship to remain the focal point.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Please enlighten us why this was the best promo since the pipe bomb? Just remove all the WWE references and you have a random promo with a rowdy crowd. The promo itself was just good, but not the best in the last 10 years.

·
Registered
DEREK CARR IS ALL ELITE/AVALONS #1 FAN
4,165 Posts
CM Punk (and MJF to his credit) just gave the best promo in all of wrestling since the pipe bomb in 2011. This is already the hottest feud in wrestling and needs to be the centerpiece of the company. Suddenly, the AEW title doesn't mean shit. CM Punk proved last night that he is the whole mother fucking show. I haven't been this stoked for a feud in years!!!
Can someone ban this fucking guy already?

All he does is flood the forum with punk threads where he swings like a pendulum from Punks grey haired nuts....

I mean this is just ridiculous the stupidity on display is truly astounding jeez....

·
rasslin
9,048 Posts
Can someone ban this fucking guy already?

All he does is flood the forum with punk threads where he swings like a pendulum from Punks grey haired nuts....

I mean this is just ridiculous the stupidity on display is truly astounding jeez....
Wait till Steen shows up.

you ain’t seen shit, man.

·
Registered
7,823 Posts

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
No, this is the perfect complimentary top feud to the other big feud they have running over the title (Hangman vs. Danielson). These are two awesome feuds Tony needs to draw out as long as possible before the singles matches. A problem AEW has had is finding the sweet spot with feud lengths - some have gone too long, some have been criminally short. These two feuds can at least carry into 2022.

To even do your idea, the two feuds would have to randomly stop for a world title change to happen. There's no real logic there.

·
Registered
16,175 Posts
..... :-|

:-|

·
Registered
11,531 Posts
I think this feud is on pace to resolve itself before the PPV, so it probably will main event maybe the TNT special event in January?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Please enlighten us why this was the best promo since the pipe bomb? Just remove all the WWE references and you have a random promo with a rowdy crowd. The promo itself was just good, but not the best in the last 10 years.
Because of the amazing story it told?
Because of the delivery?
Because of the energy from both Punk and the audience?
Because of the intensity?
Because of the topic matter?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Because of the amazing story it told?
Because of the delivery?
Because of the energy from both Punk and the audience?
Because of the intensity?
Because of the topic matter?
What story was told? MJF is a diehard Punk fan and Punk didnt make it anywhere? Meh… What was the topic matter? Delivery was just the same as every MJF promo. Just the same as with Darby, Jericho, Mox (and whoever he had a program with). Audience, yes, Chicago will rave for every WWE reference and all things Punk. Intensiti? nah..

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
No..Daniel Bryan's heel turn has also made the world title match very interesting...I agree the promo was a very good one in building up the feud with a lot of personal shots and the feud has a lot of intrigue...but the world title match should still main event..

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What story was told? MJF is a diehard Punk fan and Punk didnt make it anywhere? Meh… What was the topic matter? Delivery was just the same as every MJF promo. Just the same as with Darby, Jericho, Mox (and whoever he had a program with). Audience, yes, Chicago will rave for every WWE reference and all things Punk. Intensiti? nah..
You clearly didn't watch the promo. Punk is basically Wolverline in Logan. He's the battered, war torn veteran coming back after 7 years and trying to show the world that HE STILL IS the best in the world (which he is) I haven't felt emotion like this from a wrestling angle in so many years. This is fucking amazing shit and if you don't agree, you don't really understand wrestling.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts