Wrestling Forum banner

Was Punk VS MJF Best Segment in AEW History?

81 - 100 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
LOL get the fuck out of here with this shit. He looks far more athletic - he is far more athletic. If Miz tried some of that stuff MJF was doing vs Darby every ligament in his body would tear.

And I like Miz but he looks like a frog. His face is punchable and not a good way. Maxwell has genuinely the perfect look for a smarmy cowardly heel. It actually wouldn't work at all if he was bigger.
So you have to be small in order to be a good heel now? I've read some ridiculous crap on here, but this one deserves a nice spot.

Listen MJF may be better than The Miz on the stick, but he's way smaller, you saw how tall looks Punk next him? The Miz is the same height as Punk.. And The Miz was considered small and non-beliavable, one of the less credible world champion.

MJF is a fucking midget, I didn't make this thread to say that, I was actually giving him props, but it's amazing how much his fans are so delusional when it comes to accept this.

·
Registered
16,184 Posts
You look like a methead, gray hair, baggy eyes,skinny, no muscles.. Punk is in the worst shape of his life and looks like shit.

Can't stop kissing ass and babies like he was John Cena, hasn't done anything particulary interesting other than beat jobbers since he got there...His promos have no intensity, purpose or flame anymore.

Current Punk is trash and the worst version of himself and MJF was talking like a true fan and said it himself.."You are not you anymore"..I felt almost like it was me cutting the promo.

He also brought Punk's intensity back for a bit, great stuff from MJF, great stuff AEW. Has to be said.
Punk has been playing you like a fiddle

for all our smarkiness, we’re still just marks

·
Registered
3,337 Posts

It's almost as if Punk knows what he's doing.
It's ridiculous, because Punk has been literally bad and it's obviously not all intentional, he's just not at his prime anymore.

Him using that in the storyline is nice, but if you really are going to come here to tell me it was all of his plan to be and look so trash, you are even more deluded than these people you call "marks".

I've called Punk a genius before and I've followed his career closer than anybody... But don't be fucking fools.

·
Waiting for Kawato
2,670 Posts
It was really very good. I think it outdoes Punk and Kingston because there was no way for Punk to come back in that one other than to tip heelish, which would have been great if he had actually turned, but as he didn't I think it sort of lessens it some looking back on it, whereas the easy babyface-heel dynamic of this one ensured it was always going to go down smoother.

Also, I think the couple people trying to lol at it are sort of... Well, they're kind of the same as the people who see a flip or a dive in a match and cease to be able to see any semblance of psychology.

The back and forth here was pretty clearly defined as MJF calling Punk out on having gone soft, and being a shadow of his former self, and Punk thinking MJF was a pathetic try-hard. That's it. All the rest is bells and whistles.

The idea that the entire thing was about WWE is brainless in the extreme. There's the one Miz dig, which was putting WWE over more than being a dig at them:ROFLMAO: All the rest of it, I mean god forbid that they use Punk's history to elevate the present, right? It's not like that isn't a basic tenet of wrestling. Just because WWE wants to pretend like nobody else exists doesn't mean that anybody anywhere else in the world is going to practice that kind of isolationism. Like... If we don't mention them people won't know they're there. What bravery.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
21,441 Posts
AEW couldn't hit its mark on "the best segment in AEW history" without basing literally the ENTIRE SEGMENT on WWE.
They didn't insult your intelligence though.

They let you know that other wrestling companies exist, other wrestlers exist outside of AEW and used it in a promo.

Only a WWE fan could come in and complain about something so stupid.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
21,441 Posts
It's ridiculous, because Punk has been literally bad and it's obviously not all intentional, he's just not at his prime anymore.

Him using that in the storyline is nice, but if you really are going to come here to tell me it was all of his plan to be and look so trash, you are even more deluded than these people you call "marks".

I've called Punk a genius before and I've followed his career closer than anybody... But don't be fucking fools.
Its not our fault you don't get it.

So ask yourself, who's the real fool?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

This is the way. This is why it is supposed to be so much fun even for the IWC. You'll see it denied left and right though. The word "shoot" is going to be used a lot here where it doesn't belong.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Punk is the ideal weight for his size/age at this point in time. To say he’s in the worst shape of his life is just off base. He’s been training MMA for awhile now, and probably walks around 10-15lbs heavier than the weight he fought at a few years ago. He looks leaner than ever, and there’s a functional strength that remains there as well.

He looks tighter than he did in 2013.

·
Registered
16,184 Posts

in breaking news, online wrestling mark says wrestler who said ‘its all calculated’ weeks ago was lying. Wrestling mark declares ‘its not all calculated’

lol, you‘re a strange dude

·
You're Pretty Good
9,962 Posts
It was good but 80% of the credit should probably go to WWE seeing as the segment would be nothing without the references to them.
They're referencing the wrestling industry and Punk's legit history. It's no cheaper than mentioning Rosie O'Donnell.

Jesus if you guys were around in the 90's you'd be shitting on the NWO for the WWF references lmao.

81 - 100 of 249 Posts