Wrestling Forum banner

Was Punk VS MJF Best Segment in AEW History?

1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
No idea. Haven't been watching long. It was really good, but designed with both participants beginning the narratives for the feud to go forward. It felt like it. Nothing at all wrong with that, but both kept the disses intentionally corny and on the surface. The really good stuff will come later.

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
7,357 Posts
That is what wrestling is when it's done right, that's how you get talent over, that's how you add heat to the feud. Two guys going at it on the microphone and not holding back. If AEW did this more often they'd be so much better, but they don't do this type of stuff consistently. More of this please, more promo time to build up feuds.

Mic skills is what gets characters over, MJF is going to come out of this feud with Punk bigger than he ever has been. Again, if this was what took up most of AEW TV instead of spot fest wrestling and long matches, I would be all aboard the AEW train.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
It was a great and fun segment, but I wouldn‘t call it the best in AEW history. For me, it wasn’t even the best one-on-one promo in AEW history. My favorite was the Mox-Kingston confrontation before last year’s “All Out.” I guess I just prefer serious and intense promos more than trading insults.

·
Registered
25,758 Posts
It was great but most AEW fans would probably hate if these long promo segments become a regular thing

These marks would rather see 20 minute matches with flips or Young Bucks having a tag team match with no tags or Orange Cassidy doing his play kicks
I wonder how someone would rather see a cold open with just flips or indy geeks instead of the magic that happened the first 16 minutes

1 - 20 of 250 Posts