Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE.com said:
PUNK TO DEFEND THE WWE TITLE ON SMACKDOWN
For the first time in eight years, the WWE Championship will be contested on SmackDown when CM Punk puts his title on the line against Kane. Watch this historic match Friday night at 8 p.m./7 CT on SmackDown!
I'm pretty sure Triple H defended the WWE Championship against Big Show on a Smackdown! back in 2008. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I take it Bryan will get involved, finally setting up a triple threat for No Way Out.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Re: Punk vs. Kane for the WWE Championship this Smackdown!

Yes this Friday the triple threat match will get announced, Kane will not win the title, and Bryan will interfere.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts

Well here is a match I don't need to see.

Genius stuff for the next PPV. Lets take two guys who the crowd are into and are having very good matches, and add Kane to the mix for no readily apparent reason apart from "well he has nothing to do at the moment".

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

I do agree that Kane really has 0 business being involved in this feud. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing him have 1 more run but now isn't the time.

I'm more intrigued by the fact that the WWE Championship(Raw Belt) will be up for grabs on Smackdown. Further solidifies my point that we need a title unification, hopefully at Summerslam. Sh*t most of the roster is merged, and we have 1 GM for both shows anyways.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts

I do agree that Kane really has 0 business being involved in this feud. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing him have 1 more run but now isn't the time.

I'm more intrigued by the fact that the WWE Championship(Raw Belt) will be up for grabs on Smackdown. Further solidifies my point that we need a title unification, hopefully at Summerslam. Sh*t most of the roster is merged, and we have 1 GM for both shows anyways.
Kane getting involved is a great way to extend the actual Punk/Bryan feud.

At No Way Out Punk hits Kane with the GTS, Bryan kicks Punk in the head and steals the title without beating Punk. Kane is dropped from the feud, Punk gets mad that he wasn't beaten and wants the title back. Bryan manages to retain at MITB and then loses it at Summerslam back to Punk.

Good times.

·
Buried by the man with three H's
1,166 Posts

Or if Kane wins (not saying he will), Punk will get his rematch at the PPV... There are endless possibilities for the Triple Threat, but Kane won't win the title either on SmackDown or No Way Out (neither will Bryan). :cool:

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts

#PEOPLE POWER, I guess. Didn't want Kane to be in this feud, but he has nothing to do, could feud with Ryder, but Ryder is so far gone atm.

·
Registered
14,605 Posts

See this is why fans are tuning away from the WWE. You have Punk and Bryan in a great feud right now and then needlessly you throw someone like Kane into the mix.

·
Registered
134 Posts

Nothing against Kane being involved, I like Triple Threat matches and chair shots

·
Registered
8,281 Posts

Oooohhhh how exciting :rolleyes:

Anyway, Bryan interferes and attacks both men, possibly with chair. Triple Threat match is announced for the PPV.

Predictable match is predictable.

·
Registered
414 Posts

They are throwing kane in because kane can take pinfalls and still look like a legit monster the next night on raw.

The point of putting kane in is, that they will have a triple threat. its just a way to put the title on bryan without making punk or bryan look weak. wwe is now trying to establish 2 main eventers and everyone is crying how kane is being put in. lol @ iwc

·
Registered
610 Posts

i think aj will do interference in the match

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

Kinda wish smackdown was live could have more world title matches on it, taped shows just kills it everybody would know if the title changed hands before the show ends, be all over twitter youtube e.t.c! Not that punk will lose anyways but still if it was live more unpredictable.

·
Registered
505 Posts

I agree with some of the points above; If Punk/Bryan happened again at NWO you have two scenarios; Punk wins again, Bryan looks weak and the feud is over (i know there may be AJ interference but i still think theyre teasing with that and it wont happen) or Bryan wins and yes the feud goes on but the champ is made to look weaker; Kane is there to be the fall guy, the one that will take the pin at the end therefore both guys look strong and the feud can continue because they both have a reason to say they never actually lost the match; To me, this is all building up to a summerslam match to resolve this one way or another so in my mind Kane is being inserted into this match to allow Bryan to take the title, retain at MITB and, as someone said, lose it at summerslam probably to Punk, or to the MITB winner after retaining against Punk;

I still think there will be bigger plans for Punk leading up to WM next year,and maybe not for the title (with the suggestions a combination of Rock,Brock and Cena may fight for title instead)so its not beyond the realms of possibility that once Punk loses the title he wont regain it again for a time, but hes established enough now that he wont disappear back into the midcard even without the title round his waist

Then again, i may be talking utter bullshit and Punk will hold the title for another 6 months!

·
Registered
647 Posts

Kinda wish smackdown was live could have more world title matches on it
At the end of last year and the beginning of this year, I don't think you could've had more title matches on smackdown.

Every week it seemed to be Daniel Bryan vs Big Show or Mark Henry in one way or another...

·
Boiling ramen at 1am because life is still happeni
4,206 Posts

How and why?

That's all I want to know.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts

Kane'll probably win via DQ after DB nails him with 26 chair shots again setting up a triple threat at NWO.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.