Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been busy with things recently and have only gotten to see so little WWE being busy with school and all and watching Bachelor Pad on Monday Nights. I don't watch NXT and I sure will NOT watch SD as long as Orton has the belt. Never thought I'd say this but thank you Mark Henry.

So Cena is champ again. Does the match vs. The Rock REALLY need to be for the WWE Title? The match sells itself and would take away the chance for others to shine. It's The Rock vs. John Cena. There are people like me who want to see The Rock wipe the floor with Cena and then there are some who want to see Cena win.

I KNOW for a fact that last night wasn't the only time we will see Punk facing HHH in the ring. I mean I don't have insider information. I guess I should say it's more of a strong instinct but I can imagine somehow Punk WILL get a win somewhere down the road. HHH putting Punk over at Mania I think would be HUGE.

What I would do is this, with HHH turning heel the next couple months during his feud with Punk:

#1 Cena drops the belt back to Del Rio in October for the Mexican Tour.

#2 Mexican Tour is over. Cena regains the belt at Survivor Series.

#3 Cena suffers an injury at Survivor Series, out for two months.

#4 HHH comes out to vacate the belt. He doesn't feel that anybody on the roster is worthy of the belt, except him of course. So he awards himself the belt.

#5 Steph comes out and speaks on behalf of the Board of Directors. Hunter CAN be CEO and WWE Champion but if he doesn't defend it at least once a month, he has to forfeit both the CEO job and the WWE belt.

#6 Hunter, however, agrees to that on one stipulation: He WON'T put it on the line against Punk.

#7 So, a babyface needs to step up. For a filler feud the next two months, Alex Riley wins a Battle Royal to determine the new #1 contender but HHH wins in a screwjob at TLC and Riley gets a rematch at the Rumble and loses.

#8 Punk meanwhile, during this time, is upset that he can't get a title shot, so Miz and Truth ask him to join the conspiracy team, which is the last thing Punk would do. So they feud as well for the next two months with dirty attacks on Punk trying to get him to join.

#9 Meanwhile Cena makes his return at the Rumble. The Final Four in the Rumble are Miz, Truth, Punk and Cena. Truth is eliminated and just like how Miz screwed Cena out of the 2011 Rumble THE ROCK comes out and screws Cena in 2012, thus picking up the feud again. Punk eliminates Miz to win. HHH successfully defends his belt at Elimination Chamber.

#10 Punk goes on to Wrestlemania and wins the belt from Hunter.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Well considering Cena promised The Rock their match at WrestleMania would be for the WWE title and Cena can never be wrong about anything, that pretty much rules this idea out.

Besides we've already seen Triple H vs CM Punk at NOC now, not many people will be that excited to see it again at WrestleMania.

Also, it will probably be Austin vs Punk at WrestleMania.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Rock-Cena is bigger than the title, much like Rock-Hogan and HBK-Taker. Make Punk-HHH or Punk-Miz the title match and I'll be a happy man

If Rock-Cena was for the title, then Cena would have to go over...Rock winning the most coveted prize in his first 1v1 match in years would be ridiculous

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
The biggest match on the Wrestlemania card should be for the WWE Championship.

- Vic
This is very true but John Cena against The Rock is the biggest match for a decade and the biggest match anywhere in the wrestling industry today so unless their match is for the WWE title there is no way that the WWE title match can be the biggest match on the card. As for having CM Punk and Triple H for the WWE title i don't want to see that either because there are people on the Raw roster like Alberto Del Rio, The Miz and Dolph Ziggler who would benefit from being in the WWE title match at WrestleMania so much more.

I love the idea of WWE building CM Punk and Triple H up from now through to WrestleMania for the rematch though but as far as the WWE title match i would like to see two fresh people involved if possible and because of Cena/Rock it is also a rare case of WWE knowing that the PPV buyrates won't be effected no matter what. With Cena/Rock happening and it possibly being the last match for The Undertaker but at least him going for 20-0 i think WrestleMania 28 will probably be the biggest selling WrestleMania ever so why not tinker and build new main event stars seeing as the buyrate will still be HUGE anyway, i would love to see the following.

John Cena/The Rock with John Cena winning after turning heel
CM Punk/Triple H with CM Punk winning
The Undertaker/Mick Foley with The Undertaker winning for 20-0
Randy Orton/Chris Jericho
Bryan Danielson/Wade Barrett for the World title with Bryan Danielson winning
Rey Mysterio/Alberto Del Rio for the WWE title with Alberto Del Rio winning
John Morrison/The Miz with The Miz winning
Kofi Kingston/Evan Bourne/Dolph Ziggler/Jack Swagger for the US title
Ted DiBiase/Cody Rhodes for the Intercontinental title
Diva Battle Royal for the Diva title with Kharma winning if back in time

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
99- A McMahon/Helmsley era would stretch out in my opinion. HHH being champ only forwards the Punk storyline. Steph isn't necessarily playing a big part in the story apart from speaking on behalf of the Board of Directors.

Fabregas- I think Cena has made promises before and they were broken. Likely this won't happen but I would love if it did. Rock/Cena doesn't need to be for the title. I think we all know that. Put somebody like a Punk or Miz in the match.

We already saw Cena/Miz before. So who is to say we weren't excited this year for Mania?

Winning and Vic- Agreed. But this is one exception, Vic.

I also agree with Dave and Your Solution; but Taker might wait until next year to go 20-0 against Cena.

·
THE ONE.
5,352 Posts
Doesn't make sense now, they had a match and Triple H won clean, HIAC will be a triple threat. Triple H not turning heel a long time ago or not taking their time with the angle has hurt Punk a lot.

CM Punk V Miz is what I expect for the title is what I expect.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Rock and Cena don't need any title at stake.

The WWE Title NEEDS Rock vs. Cena.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
It's especially difficult if one of them only misses one total episode of Raw.

·
Banned
1,266 Posts
Doesn't make sense now, they had a match and Triple H won clean, HIAC will be a triple threat. Triple H not turning heel a long time ago or not taking their time with the angle has hurt Punk a lot.

CM Punk V Miz is what I expect for the title is what I expect.
Yes, if by clean you mean attacked by R-Truth, The Miz, and powerbombed by Kevin Nash.

Did you even watch the match? That was the polar opposite of "clean". Clean means no interference.

·
Banned
13,706 Posts
i totalyy agree i like it 100% the only thing i dont like is the fact u have cena winning the title again. I say Del Rio just take the belt off cena and del rio would just hold it untill HHH beats him for it. Thats what i would do

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SuperDuperSonic- how does the title NEED Rock vs. Cena?

I like your idea Stone Hot but I don't see what reason HHH would have to wrestle Del Rio for the title. For this it was personal.

To the person who said this match wouldn't make sense, lots of this feud hasn't made sense.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts