Wrestling Forum banner

Punk vs Bryan

2906 Views 41 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  soir8
Not a fan of them personally but I do read alot of fans posting on here. So I ask, who is the better overall talent?

Mic skills, wrestling, ect.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Punk is perfect on the mic, Bryan is perfect in the ring. Bryan isn't very good on the mic, Punk isn't very good in the ring.

So, take your pick, depending on what you prefer. I'm going with Punk, and it's not even close, because I couldn't care less about wrestling. It's a useless attribute to have, and if you don't believe me, you can ask the current WWE Champion, who's about to headline WrestleMania with no such skills.

· Registered
7,244 Posts
bryans better.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Punk is very good in the ring btw.

His series with Morrison in 2007, numerous matches in 2009 including vs Jeff Hardy at SummerSlam and his series with Mysterio in 2010 prove that.
He's had a couple good matches with Morrison, but that's the only guy he works well with, and even then, I can't justify saying he's "very good" based off it.

Despite what everyone thinks, he's not working out for me in the ring. It's a good thing I don't have to care about that and can still focus on him being the best talent in the world in the areas that matter.

Agreed, watch his stuff in ROH too. The hour draws with Joe come to mind.
I've seen the second match between them, it's my least favourite match of all time. Totally sleep inducing.

· Registered
5,361 Posts
Danielson is better than Punk in the ring by a lot in my opinion. He's yet to have a dud of a match in the WWE and is probably one of the 3 best sellers in the company. Also, few wrestlers in the WWE get the audience involved in a match the way he does.

Punk is a lot better on the mic and is more charismatic. I'm not knocking Dragon in either of these areas but not really anybody can compare to Punk when it comes to talking. The man has a gift.

· Registered
241 Posts
Punk is perfect on the mic, Bryan is perfect in the ring. Bryan isn't very good on the mic, Punk isn't very good in the ring.

So, take your pick, depending on what you prefer. I'm going with Punk, and it's not even close, because I couldn't care less about wrestling. It's a useless attribute to have, and if you don't believe me, you can ask the current WWE Champion, who's about to headline WrestleMania with no such skills.
Bit like Austin, Pumped up on mic, gets crowd going, but as for wrestling...horrible

· Registered
315 Posts
I think Punk is the better overall talent. I think people, myself included, have a soft spot for Daniel Bryan if they've followed him through his time in the indies. The man's great in the ring, but not as great on the microphone. I'd love to see a proper match between the two in the WWE though, and their cameo in the Royal Rumble has just served to stoke that desire.

· Harley's Circus
2,569 Posts
Danielson doesn't get that much mic time for anyone to make a solid critique about his mic skills. Hes average in that regard while CM punk is exceptional.

In the ring Danielson is the best in the world and Punk would have to learn how to sell and take stiff shots like Danielson before he could get better than him.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.