Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seen a few 'who will Barrett face at WM' threads in the Smackdown section but most people seem to believe that he will be facing Taker. From when Punk sat in the chair and put the Nexus arm band on and signaled to the other members my first thought was this is leading to a match at WM between the former leader and the new leader so I thought i'd just see what you guys think now that it's a few weeks into the 'new' Nexus.

And if it does happen, does anyone else see it being a lumberjack match with both Barrett's and Punk's guys on the outside?

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Yay! Nexus Black and Yellow vs Nexus Wolfpac! The leaders go at it! Get excited.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
The best idea somebody thought up was a WM tag bout featuring 'Taker and Kane vs. Punk and Barrett. I guess the bigger picture would be revealed as Punk and Barrett in cahoots, with one agenda being to end the Streak. Hence why we have another Nexus on Smackdown.

Kane would turn face and the stage would be set for the streak vs. Nexus on the biggest PPV of the year.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I'm desperately trying to come up with an example of a heel v. heel match at WrestleMania, and I'm struggling. Plus, this would be a pretty high-profile match. Nope. Not gonna happen.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
I'm desperately trying to come up with an example of a heel v. heel match at WrestleMania, and I'm struggling. Plus, this would be a pretty high-profile match. Nope. Not gonna happen.
'Taker vs Boss Man at WM 15. But that was bang in the middle of the attitude era. Not to mention Taker could work as heel against Jesus and still get babyface heat.

Punk and Barrett are natural heels, which would lead to an apathetic reaction from the Atlanta audience.

·
Registered
603 Posts
No, I only believe it when I see it.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
I'm convinced the writers have inadvertantly stumbled upon the 'bigger picture'. I don't think they ever really had something concrete in mind for it, but now that everybody seems to think there are 2 Nexus groups and Punk and Barrett are worst enemies, maybe they'll both turn around and reveal that having 2 Nexus groups dominating Raw and Smackdown was the 'bigger picture' all along.

So in other words, I don't think they'll be facing each other at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts