Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CM Punk is on the booking sheets for next week, main eventing a number of Smackdown house shows in a Four Way Cage match against World champion Kane, Edge and Big Show. The loop includes an event in Chicago, Punk's hometown, which is likely why he is working the Smackdown side of things.

There's been no talk of moving him back to the Smackdown brand of late. Raw star Ezekiel Jackson is also listed for some of the Smackdown dates as well.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Good to see Punk back in action.

But I don't think Smackdown needs anymore heels, they need faces.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Good to see Punk back in action.

But I don't think Smackdown needs anymore heels, they need faces.
Same could be said for Raw. With Sheamus, Barrett and Miz trying to establish themselves, it's pretty tough on the raw side

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
He had 1 match on Raw, got injured, and now on his return from injury there's talk of him moving back to Smackdown? Don't see why, I'd much rather he be on Raw.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Same could be said for Raw. With Sheamus, Barrett and Miz trying to establish themselves, it's pretty tough on the raw side
Both shows have an equal number of mid-card faces really.

RAW has Morrison, DB, & Truth while SmackDown has Kofi, Kaval, & Chris Masters.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
He had 1 match on Raw, got injured, and now on his return from injury there's talk of him moving back to Smackdown? Don't see why, I'd much rather he be on Raw.
The loop includes an event in Chicago, Punk's hometown, which is likely why he is working the Smackdown side of things.

There's been no talk of moving him back to the Smackdown brand of late. Raw star Ezekiel Jackson is also listed for some of the Smackdown dates as well.
:rolleyes:

Good to hear. Hopefully he gets a major angle.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Id rather him as an announcer. Not because he's terrible in the ring. Because CM Punk has been the only announcer I have liked in recent memory.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Nice, looking forward to his return in the ring.

I definatley think he is going to interfere in Orton/Miz now.
I hope you're right, i'm all for Punk getting back in upper echelon again.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
As much as I want to see Punk getting a major angle, Orton will bury him senseless. That's not a good idea especially for a returning superstar. I'm not sure what else he can do, though, that doesn't involve a face turn and that's just a total no.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Well, he can feud with Daniel Bryan which isn't too bad actually, if WWE invest a lot into the feud just like they did with Miz/Bryan US title feud then i'm all for it. I'd personally rather see him feuding with the top stars again, and yeah i realize he has no chance of winning against any top faces, but at least it will be an entertaining program.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Yeah, but that's not a major program and Punk deserves no less than a big angle. I'd love to see it if/when Bryan becomes a main eventer. I guess we'll have to accept Orton ruthlessly slaughtering him at every turn, because Cena is fueding with Nexus, Triple H is going after Sheamus (those aren't any better than Orton either as far as what'll happen to him) and Morrison is fueding with Miz starting after TLC.

Well, at least if it does happen, Danielson could carry him to a few good matches, Lord knows he hasn't got many on his record.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Punk facing anyone other than a big name (HHH, Cena or Orton) would be unacceptable, he needs to be elevated to main event status again.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
I'm just glad that he's soon to return to the ring. Makes me think WWE creative actually know where they are going with this mystery angle of his against an unnamed foe.

·
Banned
282 Posts
Yeah, but that's not a major program and Punk deserves no less than a big angle. I'd love to see it if/when Bryan becomes a main eventer. I guess we'll have to accept Orton ruthlessly slaughtering him at every turn, because Cena is fueding with Nexus, Triple H is going after Sheamus (those aren't any better than Orton either as far as what'll happen to him) and Morrison is fueding with Miz starting after TLC.

Well, at least if it does happen, Danielson could carry him to a few good matches, Lord knows he hasn't got many on his record.
/thread to stop the bullshit. Lol

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Smackdown , that sucks.Instead of pushing Sheamus to the moon , they should push this guy to the moon... And i'm a Sheamus mark.

·
Registered
3 Posts
after watchin raw hearing punk say that a superstar has wronged him and that when hes back hel deal with this person,could it be cena for spilling his soda

1 - 18 of 18 Posts