Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to admit I honestly thought they were going to use their paint by numbers format in this match, with Punk getting in some token heel offense before Cena inevitably countered his finisher into an STF or AA and picked up the win, or at least made it look like he would clearly win the match before Mason Ryan interfered.

Instead, they did a good job of keeping both men even and actually making Cena look like he could conceivably lose. The match didn't flow all that much like a typical Raw main event, and Punk even busted out a new submission hold. The announcers were putting Punk over a lot making me think they were just trying to keep him strong before an inevitable loss, but they looked evenly matched before the interference, ending the match non-conclusively, having a great match but still having something to sell for a bigger stage later on.

I never thought I'd praise WWE, but there you go.

Oh and by the way, those two have great chemistry in the ring.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I agree. I was pleasantly surprised with that match myself. I'd definitely like to see them go at it again on PPV.

·
Banned
306 Posts
It was a good match, and it surprised me on how even they looked.

·
Registered
390 Posts
These two could tear it up at Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Punk. Cena. I Quit Match. For the WWE Championship at WrestleMania.

Make it happen. What with Cena's "Never Say Die!" attitude, and Punk's increased sadomasochism... they could knock the ball out of the park.

We'll probably get Orton doing push-ups though. Yay.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts

Make it happen. What with Cena's "Never Say Die!" attitude, and Punk's increased sadomasochism... they could knock the ball out of the park.
Yes. Yes. This. Do it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Great match and this feud could be absolutely brilliant. At WrestleMania, they could bring the house down. The crowd were into this match very well; and having the loud "Let's go Cena, CM Punk" chants, was nice to see.

I would love for this to main event WrestleMania!

·
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
7,899 Posts
Man, It seems so long that Punk actually had a solo match on TV. I wish the booking teamm would make Mason Ryan attack AFTER the match.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The match surprised me.I expected a DQ finish but the match was pretty good.Apparently Punk and Cena have a chemistry in the ring.Hope I get to see Cena Vs Punk at Wrestlemania

·
Registered
166 Posts

This!

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I have to admit I honestly thought they were going to use their paint by numbers format in this match, with Punk getting in some token heel offense before Cena inevitably countered his finisher into an STF or AA and picked up the win, or at least made it look like he would clearly win the match before Mason Ryan interfered.

Instead, they did a good job of keeping both men even and actually making Cena look like he could conceivably lose. The match didn't flow all that much like a typical Raw main event, and Punk even busted out a new submission hold. The announcers were putting Punk over a lot making me think they were just trying to keep him strong before an inevitable loss, but they looked evenly matched before the interference, ending the match non-conclusively, having a great match but still having something to sell for a bigger stage later on.

I never thought I'd praise WWE, but there you go.

Oh and by the way, those two have great chemistry in the ring.
Thought exactly the same thing, especially the last part.

Was nice to see them break away from the mould and really sell Punk as a top guy.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
anyone else see how great these guys can counter each other

GTS into the STFU

Koji Clutch can easily be countered into a last minute desperation AA

·
Banned
1,135 Posts

Sorry but a I quit match is the worst possible idea that you could have for any main event at a PPV, especially Wrestlemania. I just got done watching the match and I have to say it was really good. But having them do a I quit match...I mean sure, it would be a good match, but they can definitely have a better match without the use of a gimmick match. I just don't see any real reason to have it.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Sorry but a I quit match is the worst possible idea that you could have for any main event at a PPV, especially Wrestlemania. I just got done watching the match and I have to say it was really good. But having them do a I quit match...I mean sure, it would be a good match, but they can definitely have a better match without the use of a gimmick match. I just don't see any real reason to have it.
This. Cena will never in a million years lose an I Quit match. Atleast if it's a regular match Punk has a chance of winning.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Tbh, I struggled to stay awake during RAW last night. Was just so damn tired yesterday. I don't really recall the match apart from the NEXUS beatdown. BTW is that new guy the Welsh Batista? The guy looks as generic as they come.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts