Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice this?

During Shaemus' first match against Kofi, Punk said "The Celtic Warrior, he's facing John Morrison in the finals of the KOTR tournament"

!!!!!!!!!!
This was before his match with Kofi and before Morrison's match with Del Rio.

He spoiled it big time. I'm sure he'll get shit for that.

It's at about 1:25 of the clip, when Shaemus makes his way to he ring.

http://h-q.tv/tv/dm.php?id=xfungl

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^^ haha! I guess Riley can grill him on that now..

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
It's known that they don't tell the announcers what's gonna happen during the show.

When he spoiled the finals of KOTR, he wasn't saying anything that people didn't already know or weren't already predicting.

His only crime may be pointing out the predictability of the whole thing.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Wow... Well, he might've just been making a prediction. Sometimes they don't tell the commentators the results. If that's not the case though, that's fucked!

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
he pretty much did that for the MIZ as well when he took out orton he said "AWESOME, AWESOME" twice then Miz enrance music hits AWESOME..not sure if he was being subliminal

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I could be defending him to much when I say this, but he said Sheamus was his pick to win and said he will go on to face Morrison. So thats basically like me saying swagger is my pick to win Jack will for sure be facing whoever is in the finals.

LOLOLOL my bad morrison and del rio's match didn't happen yet

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
It's known that they don't tell the announcers what's gonna happen during the show.

When he spoiled the finals of KOTR, he wasn't saying anything that people didn't already know or weren't already predicting.

I love Punk, but he FUCKED UP. Regardless of the fact that people knew it was going to be Sheamus vs Morrison when you looked at the bracket, your job as a commentator is to play dumb and act like you're in the dark. They have to present the events as real even though it's an undeniable set up. Whether he actually knew, for a fact from the writers, or he took a look at the KOTR bracket and figured it out like every other fan on the planet, it doesn't matter. You've got to go along with the illusion...and he didn't do it.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

There's no defending or denying that it was a fuck up... I'm sure Michael Cole covered his mic peice and said "Nice job, rookie"

Reactions: Bullseye

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Over reacting imo , it could easily be perceived as CM Punk just having great faith (and with obvious and good reasons) in Sheamus' ability

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Over reacting imo , it could easily be perceived as CM Punk just having great faith (and with obvious and good reasons) in Sheamus' ability
And what about saying Morrison was going to be in the final too?

He didn't say Sheamus was his pick, he said Sheamus was facing Morrison in the finals of the KOTR tournament, plain as day, right when it was starting.

It's not an over-reaction to call a fuck up a fuck up. I don't think he should be punished, but they should definately tell him to control what he says. That's just a horrible mis-cue, there's no excuse for it. What if somebody heard that, picked up that he spoiled it and turned off the show? He could've cost them viewers.

·
Registered
559 Posts
lol theres no excuse for that one, blatant spoiler. it even got the "oh shit" silence after. vince probably flipped out in the head set lol

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
My girlfriend pointed that out lol. But yeah, even SHE predicted that it would be Shea-moose and JoMo in the finals. It was a fuck up, no doubt, but it could have been him just going with his picks since he did say he wanted Mr. Mayo to win and he picked JoMo most likely due to brand bias. *shrug* Yeah, Punker blew it tho lol.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
I still can't believe he did it. I keep thinking, how could he have jumped the gun like that? Frankly, it makes that slip so many have made so much hay out of from Michael Cole at Wrestlemania XV innocuous by comparison, since that could easily be written off as a meaningless gaffe, though it didn't help anything at the time. Punk's fuck up was far worse in that it took what was an obvious eventuality of the tournament and literally spoiled it to the viewers. Not to mention that, even if it hadn't, it still would've been a big fuck up since it was literally skipping all the way from the final match of the 1st round to the Finals, as though Punk had no grasp of time or where they were in the show. Bizarre. Oh well.

Reactions: Bullseye

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Maybe he was just trying to have an opinion? Commentators used to predict finals of tournaments all the time, sometimes they were right, others wrong. Now, they never pick anyone. I don't care how many scripts they wrote for Cole, King and Punk last night, there were obviously no other choices besides Morrison and Sheamus.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
He made a KKK joke during Kingston's match and generally pushed the envelope constantly throughout the whole night. Needless to say I found it awesome, even though it might just result to another trip to the doghouse for him.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts