Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I like and respect both Foley and Flair, but can anyone explain that messed up promo?

What I mean is, their speeches had passion and history, but their actions in the ring took away from a moment that has all the makings of greatness.

Flair and Foley need to stop punching themselves to make blood come out, it's bordering on sad now with all the excessiveness of it. In all honesty, TNA needs to see that when moments are taking place on screen that are supposed to sell a story, you don't ruin it by elbow dropping a book. (especially if it's Foley's "last match")

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Personally I didn't love the promo because they went off track too many times. Like Foley would start talking about something, then Flair would ramble something and change the subject. It was fun to watch, but I have seen better Foley/Flair promos in the WWE. I had no problems with the punches to the head though. Basically Flair was showing how tough he was to hurt himself, and then Foley said you know what I can hurt myself more. To set up a match thats a big fight like Last Man Standing match is, I don't have any problem with them trying to psych each other out.

especially if it's Foley's "last match
It won't be Foley last match, people looked too much into him selling the match. Foley clears it up on Reaction tonight.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^^right, u make a decent point, but what I'm saying is that the words were there, but their actions made it feel like the 3 stooges reciting poetry.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I'm going to be honest and say, when the promo started I was like FUCK, they are going to waste live air time for these two? (I was never ever a Foley fan)

After that promo I can't wait to watch next weeks match. Those men are too passionate about this biz for me to just ignore their contribution.

in short: promo worked for me.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
This was possibly the best thing I've seen in TNA, or at least one of them...

Just watched, and this promo was nuts. I wish it had been in front of a bigger crowd, they would have gone nuts. I have to see the match next week, I have a very good feeling about it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Come on people, really? Flair dropped elbows and knees all the time, and in the wwe they did the same thing busting themselves open, and now it's lame? Seriously?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts