Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· A stanning today 💋
12,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lawmakers in Malawi will reportedly next week debate a new law to criminalise farting in public.

According to AFP, the Democratic Progressive Party hopes to amend an existing anti-pollution law first introduced in 1929, which has never been enforced by the authorities to refer to flatulence.

That law states: "Any person who voluntarily vitiates the atmosphere in any place so as to make it noxious to the health of persons in general dwelling or carrying on business in the neighbourhood or passing along a public way, shall be guilty of a misdemeanour."

Justice and constitutional affairs minister George Chaponda told Capital Radio: "The government has a right to ensure public decency. We are entitled to introduce order in the country.

"Would you like to see people farting in public anywhere? It was not there during the time of dictatorship because people were afraid of the consequences. Now because of multipartism or freedom, people would like to fart anywhere."

He added that "nature can be controlled" and that people "should go to the toilet instead of farting in public".

However, according to Metro, solicitor general Anthony Kamanga disagreed with Chaponda's interpretation of the 1929 law, stating that the clause relates to pollution.
http://www.digitalspy.com/odd/news/a302124/malawi-to-criminalise-public-farting.html

LOL, thoughts?

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
What, gas is gonna be illegal now? Geez. You can't hold it in all the time, you know. This is ridiculous.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, considering there's certain places where it's illegal to chew gum while walking down a sidewalk.

· Registered
2,380 Posts
Actually, in the short on the talk show, they basically discussed that. A guy was talking with his friend outside somewhere and let one rip. A cop came over with sirens blaring and the guy tried to pin it on his friend. So the conversation goes as follows:

cop: which one of you farted?
guy: me
cop: come with me.
guy: how do you know it was me? it could have been my friend here.
cop: tell me what your last meal was
guy: what does that have anything to do with farting?
cop: I need to analyze the foul air to determine which of you farted.
guy, hesitatingly: taco bell...
cop: I've smelled a lot of foul air in my day, and that is definitely taco bell foul air.
guy: *farts again*
cop: what do you think you're doing?!
guy: hey, I might as well get my money's worth, right?
I didn't write..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.