Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we are, only a few months away from the PS5, only just now seeing the design. It's white, it's slick, and a lot of people laughed or loved it. Sony unveiled the PS5 design on June 11th. The also announced some new games, confirmed some others, and showed more gameplay than every Ubisoft "gameplay reveal trailer" combined for the past 3 years.

There is a digital only option, without the disc port.

If you want to see their reveal the video:

Games List (Trailers):
  • Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Release Date: 2020)
  • Gran Turismo 7 (Release Date: TBD)
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (Release Date: TBD)
  • Project Athia (Release Date: TBD)
  • Stray (Release Date: 2021)
  • Returnal (Release Date: TBD)
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure (Release Date: 2020)
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits (Release Date: 2020)
  • Oddworld: Soulstorm (Release Date: 2020)
  • GhostWire Tokyo (Release Date: 2021)
  • Godfall (Release Date: 2020)
  • Solar Ash (Release Date: 2021)
  • Hitman III (Release Date: 2021)
  • Astro Bot (Release Date: TBD)
  • Little Devil Inside (Release Date: 2020)
  • NBA 2K21 (Release Date: 2020)
  • Bugsnax (Release Date: 2020)
  • Deathloop (Release Date: 2020)
  • Resident Evil: Village (Release Date: 2021)
  • Pragmata (Release Date: 2022)
  • Horizon: Forbidden West (Release Date: TBD)
  • Grand Theft Auto 5 Enhanced (Release Date: 2021)
  • Demon Souls Remake (Release Date: TBD)
My perspective: I bought PS3 and PS4 day one, but I don't have a reason to buy this day one, yet. I need to know about their online PS Now improvements. Xbox Gamepass is far better and a bigger draw to me. More games, you can download and suspend all of them, sometimes new releases are added. PS Now is older games, you can't download all of them and suspend, but they do include PS1, PS2, and PS3.

Are you more or less hyped, now?

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
The console design looks fantastic.

I was not pleased with the game trailers as most of them were just FMVs with no gameplay.

Looks very promising. But the bottom line is that XBOX Series X has better hardware than the PS5.

·
Southern Pride
3,538 Posts
The console design looks great. It looks like they put a lot of thought in to it.

Horizon: Forbidden West, Returnal, Project Athia and Pragmata have my interest.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Games are what sell a console for me. Apart from a couple of them, I have no interest in anything else from that initial list, and trying to sell us GTAV for a 3rd time is an insult.
100% this.
I'll wait a few months or more until a must-play game comes out for me.

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
I'm not sure about getting a new console yet, various aspects of modern gaming (microtransactions, death of physical media etc) are making me lose enthusiasm. But I do think the coming gen will probably be better than this current one. It will be more of a jump forward because it'll be the gen where 4k becomes the norm much like how HD became the norm in the 360/PS3 days. I get the feeling MS will be more competitive with Sony this time round as well, they really messed up with the underpowered base XB1.

Going off topic I know. I like the design, controller especially.

·
Premium Member
3,475 Posts
None of the games grabbed me, and no VR.

And as noted wtf with gta5 becoming a launch game for both ps4 and ps5.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,153 Posts
I haven't owned a PlayStation since PS2, those tiny plastic rinky dink controllers feel like shit in my hands. If I could've played PS4 with an Xbox One controller I might've bought one since they had exclusives I wanted to play. PS5 so far doesn't have any exclusives I want to play but if they get some I'm open to copping one as long as the price is right and the controller is comfortable.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Maybe I should offer myself to Sony to become their mouthpiece and talk the good thing about this product,perhaps I would get a limited edition

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I haven't owned a PlayStation since PS2, those tiny plastic rinky dink controllers feel like shit in my hands. If I could've played PS4 with an Xbox One controller I might've bought one since they had exclusives I wanted to play. PS5 so far doesn't have any exclusives I want to play but if they get some I'm open to copping one as long as the price is right and the controller is comfortable.
I actually stick with playstations for the same reason you hate them lol. Most comfortable controller I’ve ever used, I find Xbox controllers too big and clunky.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,153 Posts
I actually stick with playstations for the same reason you hate them lol. Most comfortable controller I’ve ever used, I find Xbox controllers too big and clunky.
I guess I just have big hands, when the original Xbox had the "Duke" controller people complained about how damn big it was but I never had any problems with it. I got a 3DSXL for Christmas one year but I couldn't play it for more than 20 minutes without my hands cramping up, the Japanese just don't make products big enough for me to use comfortably.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,977 Posts
Good line up of games, and next month we have xbox's event! Really leaning on getting both consoles

·
The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla
5,108 Posts
I honestly think the ps5 is coming out abit too prematurely. So does this mean that the PS4 hs reached its maximum capability since the ps5 and ps4 graphics are practically the same. Also the GTA V reveal in the next gen feels like a slap in the face for gamers. A re-release of a game that came out in 2013? A 7-year old game will continue onto the next gen. Extremely disappointing and underwhelming

1 - 17 of 17 Posts