Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've managed to connect my PS3s audio to my laptop using this:

(I connect the white part to one of the things on the left,and the part on the right plugs into my laptops mic jack)

On the settings,these are the main ones that I can see for it:
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4121/soundr.png

But the problem is, that this is the sound quality I get back:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RF70NTL8

Any help on how to fix this? Cause I managed to do this just fine on my other computer and it's much older and worse than the one I'm using now.

·
Sorry bout your damn luck
3,483 Posts
Audio usually has two jacks you need to connect my man, a red and a white one. This may be why your sound is not as good as it should be.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But it worked perfectly fine when I used that connector on my desktop computer,and that one was old compared to my laptop

·
3,483 Posts
Were you only using one audio jack back then as well? The reason I ask is because the RCA plugs running from the PS3 usually have three jacks, a red and white for audio and yellow for video.

Other then that I can't figure out why it would be lower quality.

·
3,483 Posts
Ok thanks for the heads up Hippy, I am thinking old school. Back when I was younger on a PS1 etc you had to connect both audio jacks to the TV to get sound from multiple speakers (if the TV had more then one).

I hope that you get this problem fixed mate. If you need another option for connecting your PS3 to your lappy I may can help in that department.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use an HDMI cord to connect my ps3 to my monitor and I just use the white jack from the red/white/yellow jacks into the adapter.

And what do you mean,do I have my OS set to putting audio through something else?

·
3,483 Posts
Might not make a diff but try using the red audio jack instead of the white one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts