Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a couple of weeks my contract with my phone network is renewed and I'm been offered certain eletronics to go with the deal, however these are the only two that I'm interested in, I want to know what you think of both consoles.

I have ownd a wii before but that was when it first came out and to be honest the controller really put me off then after I sold it the classic controller came out (go figure) plus I'mm a bit of a Sonic fanboy so some of the wii exclusives look tempting.

On the other handI've never ownd the PS3 since I do own the 360 and noticed that the library of games tend to be somewhat similar, however there are some exclusice like, Heavy rain and the Uncharted series that look good.

Can anyone give me the positives and negatives of both consoles, also what is the online play like, would I need to buy a subscription like Xbox Live Gold?

PLEASE lets not turn this into a Fanboy debate.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
ps3 completely. i mean i rip on the ps3 for not having a good exclusive line up but god its better than the wii.
super fucking mario and zelda AGAIN!?!

plus the ps3 is THE media machine of the three and thats ignoring blu ray and you can just get playstation move which is a better version/copy of the wii

ps3 hands down.

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
I've had far more fun with Wii than PS3. Of course, your experience may vary depending on the games you're looking for and have played.

Wii - You know what you're getting. A lot of people say the console only has a handful of good games, but I beg to differ.

PS3 - You've probably read all the reviews and previews of the games being released on this system. No need for me to tell you what exclusives there are.

Buy depending on what you're looking for. BTW, Super fucking Mario and Zelda own. Don't fix what's not broken.

·
Da' Maniac loves you
9,139 Posts
I've had far more fun with Wii than PS3. Of course, your experience may vary depending on the games you're looking for and have played.

Wii - You know what you're getting. A lot of people say the console only has a handful of good games, but I beg to differ.

PS3 - You've probably read all the reviews and previews of the games being released on this system. No need for me to tell you what exclusives there are.

Buy depending on what you're looking for. BTW, Super fucking Mario and Zelda own. Don't fix what's not broken.

This.

Wii gets too much shit for what it has. I put more hours into Little King's Story and Fire Emblem then I have any PS3 game really.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I have both in my room and I honestly haven't even turned on my Wii in 3 months. I play my PS3 every damn day. As far as I'm concerned, it's PS3, no question.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
People do seem to be recommending the Ps3 more than the Wii but I'm still not sure.

When it comes to games, I will usually buy it for the story more than anything so iot that respect I suppose the ps3 would have better story driven games, however I'm not a fan of FPS's and fighting games (not saying that's all the ps3 has, just giving a little more info).

The wii, like I said I'm a sonic fanboy which is kinda why the wii looks tempting, I enjoy the mario games enough, but I'm not a zelda fan at all.

BTW I have no intention of no longer playing my 360, it's just since I can get either console with my contract I may as well get one.

·
Asuka
96,367 Posts
When it comes to games, I will usually buy it for the story more than anything so iot that respect I suppose the ps3 would have better story driven games, however I'm not a fan of FPS's and fighting games (not saying that's all the ps3 has, just giving a little more info).
Try the God of War series for PS3 (1 and 2 are PS2 games technically but have been ported over), it's excellent. Definately more entertaining than any FPS or fighting game.

You have to go for PS3, it would be a mistake not to. It's too vastly a superior system to the Wii. Picking the Wii is like when Peter Griffin took the mystery box over the boat. Hell, the PS3 is so good, even if you never played a game on it, you could still use it as a Blu Ray player.

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
Well, if you're a Sonic fanboy, Sonic Colors and a bunch of other Sonic games are available for Wii. Obviously, every main Mario game for the Wii blows most games out of the water, IMO. Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 are superb games, while New Super Mario Bros. Wii is awesome if you're a big fan of old school Mario.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, A Boy And His Blob, Boom Blox, Klonoa (remake), Wario Land, and Super Paper Mario are all good to amazing games. Kirby's Epic Yarn and Donkey Kong Country Returns are just two recent games with amazing potential. There's a lot to the Wii people overlook because the games aren't "realistic," "mature," or "gritty," or because of the shovelware. There's tons of shit games available for the 360 and PS3 as well. It's up to you to wade through it and find what you like.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,463 Posts
I made this list about 4 months ago. Bolded all the ones that are either essential or considered some of the best games ever (also bolded some Sonic games for ya)

The Wii is underrated.

-Super Mario Galaxy
-Super Mario Galaxy 2

-Super Paper Mario
-Resident Evil 4
-Okami
-Goldeneye
-Sonic Colors
-Mario Kart Wii
-The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
-Monster Hunter Tri
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl

-Super Mario All-Stars
-No More Heroes
-No More Heroes 2
-Madworld
-Tatsunoku vs. Capcom
-Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
-Dead Space: Extraction
-Arc Rise Fantasia
-Metroid: Other M
-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
-The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
-Epic Mickey
-Kirby's Epic Yarn

-Donkey Kong Country Returns
-New Super Mario Bros. Wii
-WarioWare: Smooth Moves

-Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
-Nights 2
-Little King's Story
-Boom Blox
-Punch-Out
-Zack & Wiki
-Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
-Trauma Team
-A Boy and His Blob
-Wii Sports
-Wii Sports Resort
-Wii Party

-NBA Jam
-Batman: Brave and the Bold
-Broken Sword
-House of the Dead 2 & 3
-House of the Dead: Overkill
-de Blob
-Sonic & The Secret Rings
-Muramasa: The Demon Blade
-Klonoa
-Wario Land
-Batalion Wars 2
-Metal Slug Anthology
-Phantom Brave
-Cave Story
-World of Goo
-Bit.Trip
-Castlevania Rebirth
-Contra Rebirth
-Dr. Mario Online
-Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
-Mega Man 9
-Mega Man 10
-Lost in Shadow
-Super Meat Boy
-Sonic: Episode 4

Oh and the Virtual Console. Need I list off all the great games there?

Quit hatin'

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts
I haven't touched my Wii console in months, something I need to change. I blame Dragon Age, Uncharted 2 and NHL '11 for that mostly. And I really need to start hitting up the Virtual Console.

PS3 is a more impressive system though and I must admit games (as far as exclusives) like Uncharted 2, MGS4 and God of War III are more impressive than anything exclusive i've played on the Wii but not necessarily as fun in some cases although the Uncharted game are hella fuckin fun. GoW in particular is simply a more polished hack & slash game than most with an impressive game engine. They're good but they aren't the be all end all of games despite what Pyro thinks.

This.

Wii gets too much shit for what it has. I put more hours into Little King's Story and Fire Emblem then I have any PS3 game really.
Did you ever beat Fire Emblem boy? I thought so.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts