Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

PROUD was founded in 2008 by retired professional wrestler Danny Peacock as a small independent circuit operating out of Hollywood, California. As apart of the West Coast Independent Circuit (WCIC), PROUD utilized independent wrestlers from within the WCIC. It wasn't until 2010 that PROUD finally signed their first full time wrestler: Young Angus. Since then PROUD have acquired several full time competitors to their brand.

PROUD's inaugural year was star studded and critically acclaimed, yet in recent years the promotion has suffered greatly from the loss of authority figures and big name talent. In November 2012, PROUD was bought by wrestling promotor Albert Donavon in an attempt to revive it.

While several members of the PROUD roster compete in other promotions, they are still considered roster members until notice is given otherwise. Some competitors take time away from PROUD to compete elsewhere, these wrestlers are listed under the 'Inactive Roster' until a scheduled return.

ACTIVE ROSTER

INACTIVE ROSTER

ON-AIR TALENT

Danny Peacock and Mark Cady are the current commentators.
David Bradley is the C.A.F (Current Authority Figure)

MANAGERS

Albert Donavon & Brook Donavon are the current Managers of Young Angus
Christy Cross is the current Manager of Corey Dayton
Mike Stanford is the current Manager of Ulysses
Stardust is the current Manager of Tennessee Washington

ACTIVE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Pride of the Champion - Young Angus
Seven Sins Champion - Primer Guerrero
Lion's Shield - Corey Dayton

Each Championship in PROUD has significant meaning and prestige. The most prestigious of the championships in PROUD is the 'Pride of the Champion'. First won by Ulysses in the inaugural episode of PROUD it was titled the 'Cardinal Championship' until Ulysses was defeated by Torch several months later. The title has since been known as the 'Pride of the Champion'.

The 'Seven Sins Championship' is the second most prestigious title in PROUD and arguably the hardest to obtain. For a wrestler to challenge for the title they must win the Seven Deadly Sins match, where they compete in seven different matches in one night against seven different competitors. While the title is the hardest to obtain it has changed hands more times than any other title.

The 'Lion's Shield' is an award granted each year to an outstanding wrestler who wins the 'Lion's Tournament', which takes place June of each year. Unlike the other two championships in PROUD this title cannot be defended. The champion holds the title for an entire year before the next tournament where he must relinquish it.

There have been other titles in PROUD since it's inception that have been defunct in recent years. In the inaugural year, the 'Demolition Championship' and 'Tag Team Championships' were created but have both since ceased.

The 'Demolition Championship' was a title that could only be defended in Hardcore Rules. In 2011, title holder Yojiro Usami threw the championship into a furnace during a rivalry with King Leon. The title was never revived.

The Tag Team Division of PROUD was always severely lacking in talent due to the small active roster. For this reason the titles were made inactive in 2011 when title holder Young Angus vacated the title and injured his then partner Tavis Biggar. The titles have since to be rived, but Founder Danny Peacock has stated since that: "We'd like to bring them back one day when we have more people. I'm a big fan [of Tag Teams].

CHAMPIONSHIP HISTORY
Pride of the Champion
Young Angus def. Chet Chevy
Chet Chevy def. Torch
Torch def. Ulysses

Seven Sins Champion
Primer Guerrero def. Tennessee Washington
Tennessee Washington def. Jackie del Ray
Jackie del Ray def. Nick Sorends
Nick Sorends def. Jackie del Ray

Lion's Shield
2012 - Corey Dayton
2011 - Tyler Deadson
2010 - Asesinato
2009 - Kendo Yoshida
2008 - King Leon

Demolition Championship
Yojiro Usami def. King Leon
King Leon def. Able
Able def. King Leon
King Leon def. Mimic

Tag Team Championship
Tavis Biggar & Young Angus def. Juan Carlos Garcia & Primer Guerrero
Juan Carlos Garcia & Primer Guerrero def. Cain & Able
Cain & Able def. Kendo Yoshida & Yojiro Usami

SPECIAL SHOWS
While PROUD does hold bi-monthly shows, every forth month there is a 'Special Show'. In major wrestling promotions these are considered to be PPV's, but since PROUD does not sell these separately, they are just titled 'Special' instead. These four shows each are grounded with a stipulation, in which the Main Event is contested. In June 2012 PROUD began airing it's bi-monthly shows on late night television. While the viewership was low to begin with, reruns caught the attention of many and increased the popularity of PROUD slightly.

Infamous is the major show of the year for PROUD. Each October they celebrate Infamous since 2009. It is the only Special Show in 2013 that has occurred more than twice in PROUD's lifetime. There is no set stipulation matches for Infamous, except that all titles MUST be defended. If a wrestler has not completed the Seven Sins challenge for the title, then a battle royal is held at the start of the night to determine the number one contender for the title.

Heroes and Villains makes it's second appearance in PROUD this year as February's Special Show. The stipulation of Heroes and Villains is that of Ladder Matches. These do not necessarily have to be for a championship as in the past contract matches and career matches have occurred.

Hall of Fame returns to PROUD for the first time since 2009. The main attraction for Hall of Fame is the 'Lion's Tournament' which occurs each year. This show usually showcases Independent talent that have not competed in PROUD before, making it an extra special show for some people.

Channel Zero is arguably the most brutal of all the special shows in PROUD. A set list of matches happen across the night but the key element is that of Hardcore. Each specific match is designed to push the limits of the competitors and some are even merely for the purpose of destruction. While there are a handful of matches that reoccur each year, several matches are debuted each year to keep the concept fresh. Channel Zero is in it's second year of PROUD but the Special Show has existed since 2008 formerly under the name "Dead on Arrival".

PRIMARY SHOWS
PROUD currently host two shows: Genocide and Spotlight. Genocide is the bi-monthly wrestling show held in the Valley Garden Arena. Spotlight is a YouTube show hosted by Color Commentator Mark Cady, Mike Stanford and various guests. Spotlight highlights wrestlers within PROUD, their history and gives complete descriptions. Spotlight is an out-of-character show where the hosts break Kayfabe in order to accurately and unbiasedly examine wrestlers. Danny Peacock has commented on Spotlight recently stating: "I love the idea. We came up with it a few years back as a way to show off the guys we got. We're not saying that the guys on our roster work just for us, because they don't and it would be stupid to say they do. So we openly show people, this is what he is doing now, this is what he will be doing next. Sure it gives away some things sometimes, but it's good for people to know the guys in depth and not just as the people they portray in the ring".

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

January 12th 2013
Special thanks to Black Veil Brides for the official theme of Genocide - Wretched and Divine

- - - - - - - - - -

Match One

ATX vs. Kendo Yoshida

The "Fan Favorite" ATX clashes with the vicious Kendo Yoshida in the opening match of 2013. Arguably the two highest intensity competitors in PROUD, ATX and Yoshida enter the ring with a score to settle. After Yoshida's attempt at the Seven Sins Championship was thwarted by ATX in 2012, Yoshida looks for redemption against the fan favorite. There is not doubt that this match will be an incredible feat of high flying maneuvers and daredevil tactics.

Match Two

Corey Dayton w/Christy Cross vs. Tennesee Washington w/Stardust

The rivalry of the year continues into 2013 as the spiteful Tennessee Washington's challenge to the Lion's Shield owner Corey Dayton is accepted for the first show of the year. Still embarrassed from his loss to Dayton in the Lion's Tournament from last year, Washington returns from injury to exact his revenge against the fastest rising star in PROUD. With their ladies at their sides, all eyes will be on the two men in the ring as the two gifted wrestlers battle it out to see who is truly the best of the two.

Main Event

NON-TITLE MATCH
Damian Leonum vs. Nick Sorends vs. Young Angus w/Albert & Brook Donavon

Named as the number one contender to the 'Pride of the Champion' title, Damian Leonum enters 2013 with a 10 match winning streak. The Lion has his work cut out for him this time as he steps into the ring for the first time against Albert Donavon's "Chosen One". The tough as nails Brit passed Torch last month as the longest reigning champion in PROUD's history, but will Damian Leonum manage to de-crown the champion? This match will set the pace for the long road ahead for Damian Leonum and Young Angus. Nick Sorends enters the match hand selected by Young Angus, after defeating Yojiro Usami at Infamous IV. Angus named Sorends as his 'only real competition' in PROUD.

- - - - - - - - - -

Hosted by Mark Cady & Mike Stanford

with special guests Nick Sorends & Zach Rosewood

This week's spotlight is on...

Mark Cady
"Welcome to the first Spotlight of the year, I'm Mark Cady and I'm joined as usual by my fellow host, Mr. Mike Stanford".

Mike Stanford
"Hi there".

Mark Cady
"This week we also welcome our special guests: former PROUD roster talent, the great Zach Rosewood and Damian Leonum's opponent for this week's Genocide: Mr. Nick Sorends".

Zach Rosewood
"Hey"

Nick Sorends
"What up?"

Mark Cady
"Let's get right to it boys, Damian Leonum. Mike, let's start off with you, what do you think of this guy?"

Mike Stanford
"Jesus Christ, Mark; if there is a more dominant wrestler out there today I am honestly scared for who he is wrestling this week because in my mind there is no one like Damian Leonum anywhere else".

Mark Cady
"Zach?"

Zach Rosewood
"Oh there is no doubt, Mark. Damian is absolutely demonic in the ring. He's possessed by a demon and he's intent on just destroying everything in his way to the top. He's a nice guy though".

Mark Cady
"You're no stranger to Damian are you, Zach?"

Zach Rosewood
"No, we've met in the ring on multiple occasions across the US and in Japan. He's incredible intense and a real challenge to keep up with".

Mark Cady
"Nick, you must be intimidated heading into Genocide this week".

Nick Sorends
"Well, Mark. I try not to think about it too much. I mean, Damian is a nice guy backstage, yeah and he is imposing in the ring but what my mind is set on is doing what I have to do. Once I lose focus that's when mistakes happen."

Mark Cady
"Damian is the current number one contender for the Pride of the Champion title, and in this match on Genocide we'll also see Young Angus, the holder of that title, in the ring with Leonum and Sorends. This is no doubt a recipe for disaster, but it's nothing Damian can't handle as we've seen in his past 10 matches where he has gone on an undefeated streak that has landed him that number one contendership".

Mike Stanford
"It's time's like these where you should cut your losses and just get the hell out. Think of Leonum as a runaway train, Angus is in the way of that train. He can either get the hell out of his way or he can stand strong and get run the hell over".

Zach Rosewood
"There's always ways of stopping the runaway train, Mike. You just have to have the experience and knowledge to do so".

Mark Cady
"Let's have a look at some of Damian's criteria heading into Genocide this week".

Height: 6'4"
Weight: 252lbs
Hometown: Detroit, Michigan
Trained by: Danny Peacock & Torch
Debut: 2007
Finishing Maneuver: Lion's Mane (Two Handed Sitout Chokeslam)
Theme Music: Lion by Hollywood Undead
Mark Cady
"Six foot four, two hundred and fifty two pounds with one hell of a bad temper. How does this make you feel Nick?"

Nick Sorends
"He's come a long way in just 6 years, Mark. It's fantastic to see a young guy come so far so quickly."

Zach Rosewood
"I only wish it was that easy for me. In all fairness, Damian has 'IT'."

Mike Stanford
"I can see that definitely, there is this overwhelming feeling about the guy where you can just tell that he's going to be great. I had the same feeling when I first watched Torch in 99 and Chet Chevy in 2006."

Mark Cady
"Speaking of Torch, Mike: as we can see from the criteria sheet, Damian was trained by Torch himself. Zach you were as well, correct?"

Zach Rosewood
"Yeah I was one of Torch's first graduates and I gotta say, each and every person that Torch has trained in one way or another has become something big. Just look at Corey Dayton and King Leon. Two other guys trained by Torch that have excelled in everything they do."

Mike Stanford
"Torch does have this ability to pick great guys to focus on. It seems to be a requirement to be trained by him that you have the IT Factor, otherwise he won't touch you."

Nick Sorends
"That's depressing for me."

Mark Cady
"Who were you trained by, Nick?"

Nick Sorends
"I was trained in New York by these two guys: Pickle Roberts and Danny Turner."

Zach Rosewood
"Pickle Roberts?"

Nick Sorends
"Yeah, it's a strange name isn't it? They were great though. Not as prestigious as Torch but I learnt all I know from them."

Mark Cady
"And you're facing the Pride of the Champion this week so it's obviously worked well."

Nick Sorends
"Yeah."

Mike Stanford
"I actually know Pickle and Danny."

Nick Sorends
"You do?"

Mike Stanford
"Yeah, they also trained Johnny Green."

Nick Sorends
"Oh really? Well I'll have to talk to him about that."

Mark Cady
"Damian is impressive without a doubt, but did you know he made his debut as "Kahuna", a surfer gimmick for 'West Coast Independent Wrestling' in 2007?"

Mike Stanford
"Really?"

Zach Rosewood
"I was there the day he debuted."

Mark Cady
"How was that?

Zach Rosewood
"He was funny but he still had the "IT FACTOR".

Mike Stanford
"It's great how you can come across guys like Damian where they can act like complete fools while they 'pay their dues' but when they're out of that phase they shock and amaze us."

Mark Cady
"Some would say he was destined to be where he is, would you say?"

Zach Rosewood
"Definitely. Damian is one in a million."

Mark Cady
"Alright well that's out Spotlight for the week. Join us next week as we have a look at the fan favorite: ATX".

Mike Stanford
"I can't wait for this one, Mark".

Mark Cady
"Thank you to both of our special guests this week: Zach Rosewood and Nick Sorends".

Zach Rosewood
"Thanks for having me, guys".

Nick Sorends
"Ditto".

Mike Stanford
"And good luck to you, Nick for Genocide this week!"

- - - - - - - - - -

RUMOR MILL

It was reported today on dirt sheets that PROUD is in negotiation with several talents across WCIC. The list has sparked great debate amongst the IWC as three names on the list are well known Tag Team wrestlers. Current WCIC Tag Team Champions 'The Dead Presidents': Brad Lincoln and Corey Washington are both rumored to be in talks with Danny Peacock and Albert Donavon. PROUD roster member Johnny Green's tag team partner from WCIC Gerald Hope is also on the rumored list, as well as accomplished wrestler War Cloud.
The biggest name on the list Bobby Dean aka. BBD also sparked much discussion on wrestling sites. The 3 time WCIC Heavyweight Champion is rumored to be making a splash in PROUD as soon as Heroes and Villains in February. These rumors have not been confirmed or denied by either Dean or Peacock.

Could these rumors be true?
And does that mean that the long awaited return of the PROUD tag team division may be just around the corner?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts