Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probs for cena beeing a work horse and bringing back prestige to the world heavyweight championship. ( i fear he will get "rewarded" with the unification of the titles...) But just some points:

1. good for him beeing on SD, cuz of the editing there. Now there is no more boo and cena sucks ,just massiv support.
2. at first side cheering up the crowd but in fact he is pandering them by using pro us staff.
3. dude cant even sell a patriot look- even jinder mahal could.
4. objectivity goes out the window fuck this dude

·
Premium Member
17,742 Posts
Re: Cena

obviously :side:

What is your thread about? How does it help create discussion on this forum? Is that previous question an oxymoron?

·
Registered
702 Posts

Probs for cena beeing a work horse and bringing back prestige to the world heavyweight championship. ( i fear he will get "rewarded" with the unification of the titles...) But just some points:

1. good for him beeing on SD, cuz of the editing there. Now there is no more boo and cena sucks ,just massiv support.
2. at first side cheering up the crowd but in fact he is pandering them by using pro us staff.
3. dude cant even sell a patriot look- even jinder mahal could.
dont act like u didnt understand any -pathetic post- try to write a comment in my language . freaking tool
let me try to translate for everyone.

Props to Cena for being a work horse and bringing back prestige to the world heavyweight championship. (I fear he will get rewarded with the unification of the titles...) But just some points:

1. It's good for him being on SD because of the editing there. Now there are no more boos and 'Cena sucks' chants, just massive support.
2. At first sight I thought he was cheering up the crowd but in fact he is pandering them by using pro USA stuff.
3. Cena can't even sell a patriot lock, even Jinder Mahal could.
4. Objectivity goes out the window, fuck this dude
Still doesn't make a lot of sense by I'll attempt to respond

1. yeah it is good for him
2. you may feel that but he was against the Real Americans so his angle of being more of a real American than them is pretty strong, given how much work he's done for the troops and for young Americans
3. Cena does sell moves short but part of that is that he is meant to be superhuman so moves aren't as effective on him as they are on the rest of the roster, hence why he can kick out of finishers. Jinder Mahal is a jobber and that job is to sell moves of better superstars.
4. Creative don't need to be objective, this program is fiction

·
Registered
98 Posts

So what, if Cena unifies the titles? It'd be about time. It'll probably work out better all around with maineventers and the occasional uppermidcarder competing over the main title and midcard guys competing for midcard titles. WWE would probably have to book the midcard feuds better (with the brain power that went into booking the WHC feuds)and we'd probably have better feuds involving the midcard characters everyone loves since they won't be going up against main eventers they couldn't beat. Also, when someone new finally wins the WWE title it'd be a huge deal, since it'd mean they were legit world champions for the first time.

So what if Cena sucks is edited out? Most every reaction on SD is edited in or out, if we are going to complain about it let's not act like it is only Cena getting special treatment.

So what if Cena used pro USA stuff. It was part of the story for the night and I'm pretty sure almost every face in the US has used pro USA stuff in their promos, once again, let's not act like Cena is doing anything groundbreaking here.

Cena not selling the patriot lock is a valid discussion point, but this is Cena, Swagger didn't snap his ankle so it does make sense that Cena could escape and win.

I believe you are the one experiencing a loss of objectivity here, you hate Cena so you scrutinize everything that Cena does. Cena just returned, yes he got a title shot he didn't deserve, but since that was done he had to win since it was his return (also, wasn't tired of ADR's reign?). Cena just won the title, so he has to be booked strong, he shouldn't be losing matches in his first week, nor should he be looking weak.

WWE actually did something right, Cena is not in the WWE title picture, he is on SD which is in dire need of major star power right now. Who could realistically carry the WHC on SD? We were all bored with ADR and he was the highest man on the totem pole. Sure, Cena will be booked strong now, because they must establish that he is the target that these guys are aspiring to and so when he inevitably loses, the guy that beats him (by whatever means) gains some serious credibility. That seems better than winning the title off someone the crowd barely gives a fuck about.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I know my english isnt the best, especially when iam drunk in the morning.
Do i like him ? fuck no
Do i hate this character? absolutley
Why i hate him? cuz iam not 5.

1. problem with sound editing:

He is supposed to be THE topface. In my view the topface should get supported like the topface .
U cant compare this to guys like ziggler or what. and than go on and say : yeah everybody is edited on sd.
he is not everybody ,he is the megaface on wwe and thats the problem with the product. people boooing him ...hogan bret austin etc etc got booed ? na. hogan had to turn face one point cuz he got cheered. i hope u get the point and dont go for my english again.

2. give u that point in a way. he was in the ring with RA...ok

but!maybe iam paranoid and he just uses this flat getover like heels try to get booed by dissing the city or a sportsteam. usa usa usa yeahhhh. this is not working for me , maybe because iam not from the states. I find it cheap flat and for a guy with his status i find it dishonorable.

3. maybe or obv i was unclear about this point. I didnt mean he should hold his leg and sell it this way. i ment during the pLOCK he was acting unnaturaly .We all saw the plock 100 times and 100 times everybody tryed to make the move look like it hurts. Now u can argument its cena he is supposed to be superman. fuck this he just cant sell-thats all.

4. I ment my objectivty goes out the window. what implies that i tryed to be objective point 1-3. and than i tryed to say fuck this dude. and by that i ment fuck john cena

oh and by the way no i dont want to see this guy win two titles in 1 night. hell no.
why? he cant wrestle, i dont like him at all, i dont like his promos and he isnt over enough to be put in this spot.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Some points I agree with and others I disagree with, OP.

I don't think Cena needs to go over more than one guy a week; I think Cena needs a proper feud; but I don't want the titles to be unified.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I know my english isnt the best, especially when iam drunk in the morning.
Do i like him ? fuck no
Do i hate this character? absolutley
Why i hate him? cuz iam not 5.

1. problem with sound editing:

He is supposed to be THE topface. In my view the topface should get supported like the topface .
U cant compare this to guys like ziggler or what. and than go on and say : yeah everybody is edited on sd.
he is not everybody ,he is the megaface on wwe and thats the problem with the product. people boooing him ...hogan bret austin etc etc got booed ? na. hogan had to turn face one point cuz he got cheered. i hope u get the point and dont go for my english again.

2. give u that point in a way. he was in the ring with RA...ok

but!maybe iam paranoid and he just uses this flat getover like heels try to get booed by dissing the city or a sportsteam. usa usa usa yeahhhh. this is not working for me , maybe because iam not from the states. I find it cheap flat and for a guy with his status i find it dishonorable.

3. maybe or obv i was unclear about this point. I didnt mean he should hold his leg and sell it this way. i ment during the pLOCK he was acting unnaturaly .We all saw the plock 100 times and 100 times everybody tryed to make the move look like it hurts. Now u can argument its cena he is supposed to be superman. fuck this he just cant sell-thats all.

4. I ment my objectivty goes out the window. what implies that i tryed to be objective point 1-3. and than i tryed to say fuck this dude. and by that i ment fuck john cena

oh and by the way no i dont want to see this guy win two titles in 1 night. hell no.
why? he cant wrestle, i dont like him at all, i dont like his promos and he isnt over enough to be put in this spot.
1. Cena is hated because he is the main guy and he is endowed with the same superheroic powers of the previous top guys. He is the top face, undeniably, he is also the most hated guy around. He gets one of the (if not the) loudest constant reaction regardless of where WWE goes and this is why he is the top guy. You can't blame WWE for trying to kill the negative half of the reaction he gets, but my point still stands, you can't argue that Cena shouldn't get his stuff edited to fit WWE needs when everyone gets their stuff edited as well. Should he need to ... NO... but is there a problem ... NO.

2. Strangely enough, Cena doesn't rely on pro USA rhetoric to get the crowd behind him. Most his promos don't go that route, so I think you're just being paranoid, especially since you say your objectivity goes out the window when it comes to Cena. Every face does it at some point, so again no big deal if Cena does it too.

3. Well, I'll give you that Cena doesn't sell very well at all

4. If your objectivity goes out the window, that means you hate Cena regardless of what he does, what he says or the purpose behind how he is being used/portrayed. Doesn't that mean that there is no point in discussing Cena at all?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.