Votes: 15 36.6%
  • wrestling

Votes: 26 63.4%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Banned
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Promo's or wrestling what do you prefer
People on this fourm are starting to piss me off with their b.s can i please get some legit answer's it seems you guys dont even want to see a match anymore which is sad

· WWE Analyzer
176 Posts
You forgot a 3rd option - Both. Whats wrong man? If you hate the site this much then dont come on here. WWE is SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT which I pointed out to you in another thread. Which means that you are going to get wrestling, and you are going to get promo's. Now, unfortunatly of late it has swung in the favor of promo's majorly as we are seeing shows with about 20-30 minutes of wrestling and YES I also think it sucks. But I doubt there is anyone on here that will come out and say "I dont watch WWE for the wrestling, I watch it for the talking".

Promo's are a way to build meaning to a match. You cant have a 2 hour show every week with just wrestling and no meaning behind it. How do you get people back the next week? How do you set up meaning for the match? How do you decide who is a face and who is a heel? If you had WWE with no promo's then we wouldnt have WWE for very long because no one would watch.

And once again let me repeat, this is a stupid poll because who the hell would watch the WWE just for the promos? Thats like watching a sports game just for the pre-game stats and previews. Seriously, chill.

· Registered
1,463 Posts
Wrestling without promo's is boring to the casual fan and is the reason that some wrestling promotions went out of business. Promo's without wrestling would also be boring and pointless. Both are needed in the right mix for a show to be great.

· Registered
822 Posts
I skip through most matches if I've recorded a show (when I say skip, I mean forward through it so i'm still able to see what happens) If its a big match, i'll watch it. I'm more interested in the story and build up side of it. Which sounds lame, I know.

· Registered
2,999 Posts
In short.

-No Promos, empty Arena at the PPV cause there is no Storyline to make the Matches worth watching

-No Match, no Blowoff, no reason to watch Promos if there is no fight, like watching People Trash Talk and then they just run away.

· Dragon Slayer
6,701 Posts
Promo's or wrestling what do you prefer
People on this fourm are starting to piss me off with their b.s can i please get some legit answer's it seems you guys dont even want to see a match anymore which is sad

Ying and Yang. Without one, the other is meaningless. Matches need promos to give them back story and to give them meaning. Promos need matches to cap the story.

· Banned
18,342 Posts
Professional Wrestling needs both.
This. These things simply co-exist, wheter it's 90-10% or 10-90%. Hell, even Japanese promotions have build with all those press, interviews and even contract signing.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.