Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 759 Posts

·
Banned
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Watched chapter 25. Haskins vs Zack was probably MOTN, would've been Osprey vs Scurll but near the end the no selling and kick outs just got ridiculous and pointless. The match at the start was really fucking good though.

I hope Morgan Webster wins it at chapter 27.

This is actually fucking awesome. Can't wait to see who is in the matches!

·
Banned
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
This is actually pretty bad. Every good company in the world should stay as far as possible from the WWE.
You really think let's say Jimmy Havoc wrestling one or two matches in NXT (where Indy wrestlers are taken seriously) would do him harm?

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
You really think let's say Jimmy Havoc wrestling one or two matches in NXT (where Indy wrestlers are taken seriously) would do him harm?
Nothing.

It could hurt the promotion though in the long run though and I think that's what [USER]Stetho[/USER] means. WWE giving indy guys a look and a spot in a WWE Network show is all fine and dandy (And I guess it's a nice rub for the indy fed to have WWE linked to them). The issue is when WWE goes ahead and signs all of those wrestlers and leaves the indy fed with a huge hole. I don't buy the whole gimmick of WWE caring about indy wrestling for a second. Ultimately they're interested in increasing what they have. Vince Jr. killed the territories by doing the same thing that HHH is doing currently with the indies.

·
Banned
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Nothing.

It could hurt the promotion though in the long run though and I think that's what [USER]Stetho[/USER] means. WWE giving indy guys a look and a spot in a WWE Network show is all fine and dandy (And I guess it's a nice rub for the indy fed to have WWE linked to them). The issue is when WWE goes ahead and signs all of those wrestlers and leaves the indy fed with a huge hole. I don't buy the whole gimmick of WWE caring about indy wrestling for a second. Ultimately they're interested in increasing what they have. Vince Jr. killed the territories by doing the same thing that HHH is doing currently with the indies.
If they didn't care about the indys instead of paying for a whole new promotion (NXT) to build these guys up, see what their good at and get them ready they would just chuck them on the main roster and do fuck all with them. I also fucking hate this notion on WWE killing the indies, what fucking company wouldn't try to sign the best talent that could be good for their show? It's not like the wrestlers are forced to. Blame the talent for being 'unloyal' or whatever and wanting to follow their dream, not the company simply offering them a place.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
If they didn't care about the indys instead of paying for a whole new promotion (NXT) to build these guys up, see what their good at and get them ready they would just chuck them on the main roster and do fuck all with them. I also fucking hate this notion on WWE killing the indies, what fucking company wouldn't try to sign the best talent that could be good for their show? It's not like the wrestlers are forced to. Blame the talent for being 'unloyal' or whatever and wanting to follow their dream, not the company simply offering them a place.
I agree, but there are only so many spots, and WWE already has more talent than they know what to do with. At this point they're overfishing and it seems like they're signing guys for the sake of signing them, with no real plan for them; which is terrible, especially at a time when WWE feels like a chore to watch. If they had any real intention of allowing the indie feds to benefit from their "working agreements", and helping the indies as HHH claims, they'd be allowing their contracted wrestlers to be involved in the promotions that they work with (EVOLVE especially considering HHH has Gabe in his back pocket) rather than send someone to a show for an autograph signing, or an in-ring segment that can't be aired. They're going to eliminate the alternatives, which is an awful thing for the business. A WWE monopoly is not a good thing, no matter how great the WWE contracted talent is.

But on topic: I could see Marty Scurll, Morgan Webster, Mark Haskins, and/or Tommy End being a part of this.

·
Registered
237 Posts
ZSJ won't be in this tourny. He's too much about wrestling pride to want to work for WWE. He's the new Danielson.

Also, no Ibushi in this or WWE period. He's a CM Punk/Jeff Hardy like free spirit.

BTW, it's been so hilarious tonight reading comments from certain people who question me and their friend in regards to the GCS idea. They be saying things like their sources say people are setting themselves up for disappointment when comes to expectations on who will be in this tourny and that people in the industry are very negative when it comes to WWE's selection process for this. LMAO! So I guess this means I know what I am talking when I say certain people will not be in this and that certain people are in not going to WWE, period. Well how about that!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
No one should support this WWE politic. PROGRESS talents are doing great things in PROGRESS because it's different. It's punk rock pro wrestling, pro wrestling for grown up as they said. I don't want to see amazing talents who helped british wrestling rebirth and growth becoming neutered "good kid who never wrestled in the big league maggle" in WWE.
WWE is killing everything it touches. You complain about it every week on RAW threads but you still act so naive when they recruit people.

·
Banned
5,746 Posts
Too me Progress is just ICW light.

Then you either havent watched much of it or you're from Glasgow. Besides both being UK indies that have occasional blood and swearing they arent very much alike at all. Progress is a heavily workrate based promotion with a bit of UK humour thrown in, and regularly features some of the best in ring work and talent on the planet. I enjoy ICW and think its a positive force for spreading awareness of the UK indie scene, but its basically a comedy, gimmick promotion that is more about getting pissed and laughing at Grado dancing or Davey Boy whipping his cock out than in ring work.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I thought Zack Sabre Jr was already announced to be in it? It was pretty obvious that he was going through but it looks like they spoiled that one.

I hope Gallagher goes through.

41 - 60 of 759 Posts