Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 759 Posts

·
Banned
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm suprised of the so much little discussion about PROGRESS, I just subbed to their network and watched my first show (chapter 20) and I'm absolutely blown away. Jimmy Havoc is fucking amazing, Tommy End completely turned my opinion of him. I'm so glad this isn't like PWG which I was a little worried about.

Anyone else watch PROGRESS? If so, any recommended matches?

·
Banned
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Chapter 20 review:

Noam Dar vs Pastor William Eaver:
**1/2

nothing amazing here, Noam Dar really showed some talent though. The other guy was pretty funny, a nice showcase but nothing amazing.

'Wild Boar' Mike Hitchman vs Bubblegum vs Kyle Ashmore vs 'Flash' Morgan Webster
***1/2

Really good match! Had never seen any of the guys and each on sold me on them. Mike Hitchman is a fucking beast, really reminded me of Rhyno. Bubblegum is really good in the ring and so fucking unlikable. Kyle Ashmore, Holy shit he is legit already one of my favourites. He was literally Chris Hero mixed with a John Morrison, he's awesome. Morgan Webster least sold me but still did some pretty cool shit. I laughed SO much when the crowd started mocking him.

Sebastian vs Damien Dunne (Natural Progression Series)
**1/2

Pretty fun match, good showcase of both guys but still nothing to write home about. I like Sebs geeze stick though.

Sumerian Death Squad vs Hunter Brothers (Tag Team Title match)

This match was fucking awesome, I watched Tommy in PWG a couple times and thought he was just another no selling slap kicking wrestler, but holy shit he really changed my mind in this match. The other guys looked like nothing compared to SDS but they really were made in this match with them holding their own. Awesome stuff.

8-Man THUNDERBASTARD match (Tom Irvin, Nathan Cruz, Damon Moser, El Ligero, Mark Haskins, Marty Scurll, Eddie Dennis, Rampage Brown)

Good match, good spots, each guy was highlighted well. Really liked the ending showdown with the last two. When I first saw Eddie I thought he was a joke but he was actually pretty good. Rampage is a legit fucking beast.

Jimmy Havoc vs Will Osprey (Progress Title match)

Yep, five fucking stars, you can say it's extreme but really I can't think of anything more I could want in a wrestling match, story, character, buildup, tension, drama, amazing wrestling, just an amazing match. In my top 5 match of the year. Havoc is one of my favourite wrestlers, he's SO AWESOME. Osprey is fucking unreal, he's so so so talented in the ring.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Chapter 19 is a great set of shows to watch. I really liked the show they did before Mark Andrews left for TNA. I wanna say Chapter 13 that was?

Anyone have any predictions as to what the big announcement they're hyping is gonna be? My guess is a live iPPV streamed on Demand Progress.

·
Banned
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chapter 19 is a great set of shows to watch. I really liked the show they did before Mark Andrews left for TNA. I wanna say Chapter 13 that was?

Anyone have any predictions as to what the big announcement they're hyping is gonna be? My guess is a live iPPV streamed on Demand Progress.
A TV deal?

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Would love to see a few Lucha Underground guys in PROGRESS. Never understood why people want to see Lucha Underground as a whole collab with promotions though. I don't see it ever happening as they're run by a network, more as a TV show than a wrestling promotion.

I'd love to see Pentagon Jr, Drago, and Fenix in the mix though. Sucks that it would likely be a one-time thing though because there are multiple matches featuring each that I'd want to see.

·
Banned
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
If they did collab with LU, I'd like to see:

Rampage Brown vs Cage/Mack

Sumerian death squad vs Fenix and Drago

Pentagon JR vs Jimmy Havoc in a no DQ match

Johnny Mundo vs Mark Andrews

Main event: Prince Puma vs Will Osprey for the PROGRESS title

·
Banned
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just watched the QnA with Jimmy Havoc, holy shit this guy plays his gimmick so well. Quickly becoming one of my favourites.

·
Banned
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
12 noon (UK time I think) they break the 'huge news'. I hope to God it's a callab with LU.

·
WF's AKB Fan
5,757 Posts

http://www.progresswrestling.com/letsgo2016/
After selling out every Chapter since we started back in 2012, we can now reveal that CHAPTER 36 on Sunday September 25th will be at the historic BRIXTON ACADEMY. This will mean our September 2016 show will be the BIGGEST show that we’ve ever put on, with a venue capacity of approximately 2000. Yep, that’s TWO THOUSAND. Let’s fill the place with PROGRESS Ultras and make some history!

We are also happy to report that for this show we are partnered with the splendid folk at LIVE NATION, the brains behind hundreds of gigs each year, Download Festival and the recent NXT Tour of the UK.

We know you’re likely to have a few questions about the show – so we’ve tried to answer most of them here:

Q: I’ve got a season ticket. Is this show still included in it?

A: Oh yes. You showed faith in us by buying a season ticket, so it most certainly counts for this show in Brixton. We will be in touch to arrange you sorting out your ticket allocation, which will have to match your season ticket band.

Q: How will the tickets be sold for the show?

A: Tickets will be on sale shortly, with the on-sale date TBC (but it will be SOON). Sales will be handled by Ticketmaster, and as this is a much bigger venue we will be using allocated seating; so when you buy a ticket, you choose exactly where you and the rest of your party sit and you are given a ticket number. Prices are also TBC, but we’ll do our very best to keep them as affordable as possible.

Q: Will the show start at the same time as the Ballroom shows?

A: Door and bell time TBC, but we expect to keep things more or less the same as usual. We’re currently ironing out all the behind the scenes stuff.

Q: Does this mean PROGRESS is moving to Brixton permanently?

A: No. This show is a huge ONE-OFF special event. All of our other London chapter shows in 2016 will remain at the Electric Ballroom in Camden (as we love it there).

Q: As it’s such a big show, do you have any other events planned on the day?

A: We’re looking into potentially doing a VIP / meet and greet package, again we’ll let you know about that ASAP.

Right then. Spread the word. It’s a big ask to fill the Brixton Academy… but if anyone can do it, it’s the PROGRESS Ultras. Tell everyone you know and feel free to use the hashtag #ProgressBrixton.

Now THAT’S how you start a new year properly.

Thanks guys,

Jim, Jon and Glen

This. Is. PROGRESS.

·
Banned
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Two fucking thousand? Holy shit. I might just make the trip to go and see this.

Review of chapter 17:

Rampage Brown vs Haskins
**1/2
Fine match, Haskins is a good heel. Thought rampage could've done more but he's still cool. Didn't really like the ending though.

Marty vs El Ligero
***1/2
Awesome match! Really caught on at the end with some awesome spots. Marty is great, I didn't really like him in PWG but he's really making a fan of me. El Ligero is great too, he's very likeable. Great combinations by the two.

Tommy End vs Dave Mastiff
Only reason this didn't get 4 stars is because of how short it was, but seriously, two fucking beasts destroying each other, this was awesome. Tommy End is seriously has this aura about him. first time seeing Mastiff and he's a fucking monster. Can do so much more than some other fat wrestlers who can only do basic things because their fat. Really good for how short it was.

Noam Dar vs Paul Robinson
**1/2
Fine match, Noam really fucked him up. Holy shit, Paul was getting nuclear heat! People even brought fucking socks to throw at him since people call him dobby. He's an awesome heel.

Eddie Dennis vs Mark Andrews
Good match, both are very talented, some good spots. Pretty touching ending, sad to see Mark go but still a really great moment.

Morgan Webster vs Zack Gibson
Holy shit, awesome match! Zack played the heel SO WELL and made Morgan look like an underdog, I usually find technical wrestling boring, but the whole 'whatever you do I'll reverse it into a hold' was great. Really good storytelling and match. Glad Morgan got the win, he's really good.

Will Osprey vs Jimmy Havoc
Fucking epic match, storytelling was insane. Havoc is SUCH a good heel, him biting Osprey was fucking awesome. So was him undoing the turnbuckle. Awesome spots, great match.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Two thousand? Wow, the English promotions are tiny compared to up here in Scotland! ;)

Seriously though, that actually is very good and it is nice to see Progress going up in the world a bit.

This is kinda similar to ICW going to the SECC for Fear & Loathing VIII which had nearly 4000 fans. Of course, they're moving next door to the 13000 capacity SSE Hydro for Fear & Loathing IX.

Haven't seen much of Progress but they seem to be putting on great shows by all accounts. They seem to be England's answer to ICW.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
Damn, that's awesome news for Progress! Hopefully they sell out that arena. (Y)

BTW, I finished Chapter 24. Good show. My favorite match had to have been the SDS vs. The London Riots. Tommy End killing people will never not be entertaining to me.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Two thousand? Wow, the English promotions are tiny compared to up here in Scotland! ;)

Seriously though, that actually is very good and it is nice to see Progress going up in the world a bit.

This is kinda similar to ICW going to the SECC for Fear & Loathing VIII which had nearly 4000 fans. Of course, they're moving next door to the 13000 capacity SSE Hydro for Fear & Loathing IX.

Haven't seen much of Progress but they seem to be putting on great shows by all accounts. They seem to be England's answer to ICW.
I think they could have targetted a bigger venue. But it's a good thing to be careful too.

1 - 20 of 759 Posts