Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched Raw last night for the first time in a couple of weeks, and I must say that I was mostly entertained.

The only part I decided to turn the channel was during the Mark Henry and Khali/Usos dance off. That was just dumb and pointless.

BUT, WWE has successfully (IMO) pushed many new stars either to main event status or to being on the verge of it. John Morrison has been getting time to show his stuff a lot, especially in the last two nights at the Rumble and on Raw. Miz, while stilll not a GREAT champion, has definately improved and fallen more into place during his reign (But I know people are still gonna hate). Sheamus is kinda just there right now, but he is still a great performer and a possible title contender.

Cena, while still a hage asset on TV, isnt being shoved down my throat as much, which is nice. Orton/Punk feud sounds awesome. You have two stables on both shows now, which could possibly set up a stable war in the future. Dolph Ziggler has been pushed, ADR winning the Rumble obviously means he is gonna be pushed big time.

Is the product perfect right now? Probably not, but when is it ever perfect? The tag team division still needs work, and it would be nice to see a cruiserweight division, but thats another thread.

What are your thoughts on the current product and the direction WWE is going?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
to simply answer thread: MUCH BETTER

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
There's nothing I love more than a over 50 year old announcer getting pushed over people that actually mean something in the ring.

I thought the Royal Rumble match was really done and we (me and my friends) were happy with it, but I said "unfortunately though, that was the high point of WWE for the year" and it seems like that's exactly correct.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's nothing I love more than a over 50 year old announcer getting pushed over people that actually mean something in the ring.
I thought the Royal Rumble match was really done and we (me and my friends) were happy with it, but I said "unfortunately though, that was the high point of WWE for the year" and it seems like that's exactly correct.
At a ppv where the main attractions are two elimination chamber matches which both need to have the top stars in them, I can see why they decided to throw Lawler into a match with Miz, given the feud they have had. Its just a throw away match to further Mania stories and whatnot.

It's not like Lawler is gonna main event Mania.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,616 Posts
Peronsally I don't think the product has changed at all. It's still the same product it was last year. The only thing is, they have two stables, some new talent and show a bit more promise for the future. But it still needs to improve a lot. I.E Stop making Orton, Mysterio and Cena out to be supermen

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
It's gradually getting better, but as jimboystar24 said RR match and possibly WM will be the high points this year.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with all of you that it still needs work and what not, but I think compared to the summer time and even some parts of the fall, it is definately better right now.

I did forget to say that we will have to wait til post-mania to see how the product holds up.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Road to Wrestlemania is always the peak of the year, but even with that in mind I still think we're in for a great year. The last couple of years I think WWE has been getting better and better, especially now that they're fully behind the younger guys. It's been really cool seeing guys like Del Rio, Ziggler, Punk, Barrett and so on getting their opportunity to shine lately.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I disagree, it's getting progressively worse. Not even Orton, Cena, and Morrison can save it. Not even Punk and Jericho could save it. Too many new "stars" are being made that aren't all that talented and are ruining WWE. Honestly if this is what the youth movement is, I'd rather there not be one.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
It's been getting worse if anything. Miz becomes champion, Nexus is slowly dying from a painful stab wound to the stomach, where at this point you just want to shoot it in the head to put it out of its misery, Chris Jericho is nowhere to be seen and Jerry Lawler is in the main event scene.

I'd say it's been getting worse since Late Autumn time.

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
This probably will be a great year, the young stars finally getting pushed, and the midcard being taken more seriously, im excited

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Hiplop™;9297799 said:
This probably will be a great year, the young stars finally getting pushed, and the midcard being taken more seriously, im excited
Agreed, except for the last part, Raw midcard isn't being taken seriously at the moment and it kinda disappoints me since i'm a big fan of Bryan and DiBiase, both have no direction and are totally wasted on Raw these days.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's called the road to WrestleMania.
So all the current pushes will suddenly end after Wrestlemania? I guess CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, ADR, Miz, Sheamus, Morrison, and Wade Barret will all be fired on April 4th.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Not wishing to start an argument or anything, but guys need to realise that things will probably naturally seem a little worse in this rebuilding period. As has been pointed out, vital top guys like Triple H, Taker and Jericho are nowhere to be seen, and really not even the combined star power of Cena, Orton, Edge, Mysterio can make up for all the missing names.

It's going to take time to build up these new guys, especially with the way a lot of them have been forgotten about (Swagger, McIntyre), and until it's done and they're all bonafide main eventers there's going to be a somewhat lacking main event scene.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I believe the product has gotten better as of late.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've been enjoying it more

·
Registered
926 Posts

Hate to be pedantic but he's 61

·
Registered
7,961 Posts

Lawler's 61. But I don't mind. He can go in the ring better than Ric Flair. And he should get a farewell match at Wrestlemania too.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts