Wrestling Forum banner

Problems of WWE and fans

679 6
I edited for more clarity :

In my opinion, They are many problems.
- spoilers (which aren't really a problem)
- fans mentality
- WWE slow adaptation
- Recycling of gimmicks, storylines, finishers :
- use of jobbing

Spoilers :

Even if a fan doesn't read spoilers, he is spoiled by friends or surrounded by unhappy fans who read them and thus influenced.

One good way would be to forbid spoilers and spoiling websites or to attempt to keep the collaborators quiet about the business. We can see that big events can still shock even if we know about them (Booker T and Nash in the rumble). So spoilers aren't the biggest problems.

Mentality Evolution and adaptation :

But it can't change the evolution of mentality towards credibility and realism, evolution influenced by modern martial arts and MMA. Yes the fans even if they don't watch MMA are influenced by it and search credibility and realism. WWE has to adapt for example modifying the comments to add a more sportive and professionnal feeling.

Recycling of gimmicks, storylines, finishers :

This lack is part of the adaptation problem. WWE is desperately trying to create new recipes to keep fans attracted and to attract new ones. It creates a lot of generic/unattractive gimmicks and a few pearls coming mainly from the Indys or from outside WWE.

WWE is currently unable to completely create new ones, but fortunately it slowly evolves.

Lack of emotionaly attaching wrestlers and jobbing :

The main and real problem is the fact that fans nowadays have only a few wrestlers to mark out. We can't find many wrestlers to be emotionnally attached/rooted with. It forces WWE to revolve around 5 big names and renders storylines uncomplete or too easy to figure out or to guess.

A good way could be to add new mid-eventers and main-eventers. WWE could also try to finish using jobbing as a storyline practice (it was the case in the old times when pro-wrestling was at its peak).
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,325 Posts
The problems of current wrestling :

- surprises are impossible
-> yes they are ruined by insider views
and in case of surprise and lose of their favourite wrestler fans cry about bad booking.

- generic wrestlers
-> clearly shown by the recycling of finishers, gimmicks and the generic theme songs which prove a lack of original identity.

- too rationally thinking fans
-> credibility and hate against "unrealism" over "just enjoying" is an avatar of this thing

- one wrestler focused fans
-> they mark one wrestler out and don't give a F about other matches and will complain anyways.

- lack of future feeling
-> it's due to the fight between nostalgy/purists and new fans, each one wanting something different.

- storylines and feuds
-> creatives only try to follow the quickly changing opinion and diversity of fans.

Yes most problems don't come from WWE but from the fans. Just think about that !
It wouldn't get ruined if you logged onto here

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
See, I hate spoilers but I don't think there is a way at all to stop them... Somehow people will find out.
What do you think??
I modified my first post to clearly explain what i think. You can't basically avoid spoilers, but spoilers aren't the biggest WWE problem at all (look at Diesel and Booker T in the rumble we knew but we marked). You can find the complete reflexion process in the first post, but i can say that :

The main and real problem is the fact that fans nowadays have only a few wrestlers to mark out. We can't find many wrestlers to be emotionnally attached/rooted with. It forces WWE to revolve around 5 big names and renders storylines uncomplete or too easy to figure out or to guess.

A good way could be to add new mid-eventers and main-eventers. WWE could also try to finish using jobbing as a storyline practice (it was the case in the old times when pro-wrestling was at its peak).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.